Horizon Horizon: Zero Dawn

It's the lame console war crap you hear about. They want PS4 to have exclusives so it gives them a one-up on something like Xbox. You hear this allllll the time. When an Xbox game comes out that I'm excited for, you'll always be bombarded with PS-fanboys who will tell you that the Xbox game is also coming out on PC, so Xbox is terrible, and that the PS4 has all these exclusives, etc etc.

I want to say that the Xbox fans are as awful too about such stuff, but i have no comparison to that becasue im only around PS fanboys.
And they sound hell of a lot like a dumpster fire.
The kind of nonsense i have heard since those news broke, is unreal.
People have lost their god damn minds screaming around that the Playstation is dead and all this kind of idiocy.

I dont get what their damage is, HZD made all the money it could on the PS...they dont lose anything by now.
They got it what? 3 years exclusive for the Playstation...there is nothing they lose or so...god damn idiots.

I started playing a few years back but never finished. Recently I have been playing a lot lately and I'm roughly 70% through according to the game statistics. I somehow managed to avoid spoiling the big secret of what "Zero Dawn" actually is until roughly an hour ago. :wow:

This has potential for a series based off of it although Probably the cost of CG robot effects would be through the roof.

I forgot just how awesome this game is. Can't wait for Forbidden West.

I loved the moment when Sylens
breaks into the arena riding a strider and flanked by Sawtooths.
I thought that was awesome too. That is how you make an entrance.

Last edited:
This is probably one of the greatest games I've never played (since a lot of AAA games now are more interactive cinematic experiences, and games costing $60 a pop, I mostly resort to watching these via playthroughs instead). Finding out what Zero Dawn is was kinda mind blowing. But finding out what the
Faro Plague was honestly gave me a sense of dread. It was like The matrix, but turned up to 11. It was a no win battle.
Can't wait to watch :oldrazz: Forbidden West.

I started playing a few years back but never finished. Recently I have been playing a lot lately and I'm roughly 70% through according to the game statistics. I somehow managed to avoid spoiling the big secret of what "Zero Dawn" actually is until roughly an hour ago. :wow:

This has potential for a series based off of it although Probably the cost of CG robot effects would be through the roof.

I forgot just how awesome this game is. Can't wait for Forbidden West.

I thought that was awesome too. That is how you make an entrance.

This is was one of the first games I thought of when PlayStation Studios was announced last year. Visually, if done right, it would look amazing.

I have done everything up to the final quest and currently working through Frozen Wilds and a missing achievement here or there before I do the last "no turning back" quest.

It's great that they've added a slider for FoV after all. Can't wait to finally play this in 4K.

I just finished everything. Frozen Wilds too. Now all that is left is a new game+ on Ultra Hard difficulty. Think I might take a break before I go after that one though.

The things I've abandoned in the games arethe fireclaws, those timed challenges and those recordings/texts.

But I'm pretty sure I've finished/acquired like 90% of the game/the dlc.

Fireclaws can be a pain but I managed to still destroy them all.

Great to hear that the wide FOV removes the claustrophobic feel I had on the PS4. However I'm reading some very disappointing benchmarks/performance so hopefully the day-1 patch fixes that.

Just rewatched all of this game on youtube and can't wait for Forbidden West. ZD really gets better as it goes along.

It’s release day for Forbidden West! Been anxiously waiting to get out of work and play.

MP1ST - Report: Horizon Zero Dawn Remake/Remaster in the Works for PS5; Horizon Multiplayer Game in Development

While we just got a remake for The Last of Us, it looks like PlayStation may not be quite done with remakes just yet, as a source close to the situation who wishes not to be named has revealed to us that a Horizon Zero Dawn remake is in the works for the PS5!

A Horizon Zero Dawn remaster is in the works for PS5, it’s claimed | VGC

That's according to a report by MP1ST, which VGC can corroborate via our own sources.

A moderator on a very large gaming forum also claims to have seen it. "The remake is real, it's like The Last of Us Part I (Where you can kinda go back and forth on if it's a Remake or Remaster). I've seen it. bye." Other members say: "I can confirm it's real. Trust me, I had the same reaction as all of you lol" and "Remaster 100%, not a remake. Mostly a graphical face-lift."

If true it continues the pattern of Sony under Jim Ryan pattern of liking to waste people's and developers time and money with all these pointless full-price $70 remake/glorified remasters of recent games when the originals still run on the newest hardware and already look great.

Last edited:
This one feels silly. But admittedly, I would like to see those cutscenes redone with the animation of the sequel. They're super stiff in the original, especially next to how wonderfully expressive the sequel is. Not $100 CAD would like to see it but...

Just, why?

As best as I can tell Sony’s film and television divisions now dictate what games Sony puts out.

There was the Last of Us Remake for the HBO show, then the Twisted Metal revival/remake for that new Twisted Metal show, and now this for the Horizon TV show for Netflix, and whatever else I’m forgetting. Basically if Sony has a tv show or movie they want a game (re-)release to go beside it. Like their Spider-man games to go out beside their Spider-man movies. They remade Ratchet and Clank back in 2016 for the movie.

Last edited:
Its unintentionally hilarious.

Sony could have remade all the Uncharted/God of War games, but chose to go with this one. I guess a Ghost of Tsushima remake would happen someday.

The Last of Us is on it's second remake so I am not surprised.

A Horizon remaster makes no sense. It already got a PS5 patch and looks and runs fine. It's almost on par with Horizon 2. I honestly dont see what they can do to improve it.. What would a remaster realistically add besides I guess Dualsense support?

The Last of Us is on it's second remake so I am not surprised.
Its on its first

A from the ground up remake of Last of Us is very different to a remake of the much more recent Horizon Zero Dawn. But I'd be willing to bet it's tied to the upcoming Netflix show. Sony will want something to release around the same time as the show. But HZD still looks very good?

A Horizon remaster makes no sense. It already got a PS5 patch and looks and runs fine. It's almost on par with Horizon 2. I honestly dont see what they can do to improve it.. What would a remaster realistically add besides I guess Dualsense support?

Its on its first
Sorry, they "remastered" it once already barely after it came out on the PS3 and remade it less than a decade after its initial release.

They probably want to capitalize on the upcoming TV series. Expect a remaster/remake of Ghost of Tsushima and Gran Turismo 7 since they both have movie adaptations in development. :o

Also, according to the leaked spreadsheet, a multiplayer game is in the works. I suppose a Monster Hunter type of online game in the Horizon universe makes sense.

rxtmLKX.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"