House of the Dragon House of the Dragon General Discussion Thread (TAG SPOILERS)

That's how the trailer for the ep suggested alright!

I just think that even though he loves his brother and niece, the more chaos the better as it suits his needs. He could have got involved out of worry for his niece but seemingly walked away.
All the more reason he shouldn't be King. He'd be terrible.

I made the (admittedly stupid) mistake of thinking this thread would still be using spoiler tags. :argh:

Do we need a spoiler thread and a non-spoiler thread for discussion? If so can make one.

Otherwise please keep spoilers straight after an episode's release to the episode thread (or tag them if in here):

House of the Dragon - Season 1 Episode 5 "We Light the Way" | The SuperHeroHype Forums
Putting a TAG SPOILERS warning in this thread's name (or whatever you call it) and then just having free for all discussions on the episode threads seems like a good solution?

You folks are the experts, but that seems reasonable.

Putting a TAG SPOILERS warning in this thread's name (or whatever you call it) and then just having free for all discussions on the episode threads seems like a good solution?

You folks are the experts, but that seems reasonable.
Yeah, seems reasonable here. Let's keep to this please. If there is a demand for general (untagged) spoiler discussion outside of the episode threads feel free to create a thread and I can sticky it.

Yeah, seems reasonable here. Let's keep to this please. If there is a demand for general (untagged) spoiler discussion outside of the episode threads feel free to create a thread and I can sticky it.

giphy.gif

And like that.....it's there. :yay:

This is the kind of thing that makes me warm to Allicent, it's just utter carelessness from Rhaenyra yet it's Allicent, and her children, at risk of being murdered. Allicent was forced into the game really.

I don't get the hatred towards her.
Well, one she kept prying about Rhaenyra, and two she seems to be easily manipulated. If anything she should have sided with Rhaenyra and brought down the patriarchy. But since this isn't that kinda show we're left with a situation of a young queen getting more or less usurped and that's what certain segments of the audience hold on to.
So eh ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, also Allicent is more of a back stabbing ***** in the books.

Last edited:
I don't think he wants to be king. Not really.
I don't think what we've seen so far supports that, but if you are right, there goes a good, interesting plot line. If he isn't, what do you see in the future storyline?

Also, I think the current queen is, so far, portrayed as someone who is way, way out of her league when compared to Rhaenyra or Daemon. I wonder if the writers plan to make her a lot smarter than she's currently being portrayed. That seems like an alternate storyline they might explore.

I don't think what we've seen so far supports that, but if you are right, there goes a good, interesting plot line. If he isn't, what do you see in the future storyline?

Also, I think the current queen is, so far, portrayed as someone who is way, way out of her league when compared to Rhaenyra or Daemon. I wonder if the writers plan to make her a lot smarter than she's currently being portrayed. That seems like an alternate storyline they might explore.
I suspect Daemon wants validation and glory more than anything. The throne will bore him to death, if anything he get's involved only because of Rhaenyra.

I suspect Daemon wants validation and glory more than anything. The throne will bore him to death, if anything he get's involved only because of Rhaenyra.
He strikes me as the kind of guy who desperately wants something, but then doesn't realize he really doesn't until it's actually in his hands. I thinks all about the hunt, really.

He's the dog chasing the car? Do you think that will be the story? Where would you have the show go?

One thing I’m wondering is… the show seemed to imply early on that the source of Viserys’s ailments is various infections from being constantly stabbed while sitting on the throne (lol). If so, has this been a common occurrence with the Iron Throne? Have a bunch of kings, queens and hands (since they also sit on it sometimes) died from just sitting on the throne for long periods of time?

Maegor died on the Throne, literally.

And Aerys (Danny’s father) was called “King Scab” because his body was literally riddled with wounds from constantly getting cut by the throne during his manic fits.

One thing I’m wondering is… the show seemed to imply early on that the source of Viserys’s ailments is various infections from being constantly stabbed while sitting on the throne (lol). If so, has this been a common occurrence with the Iron Throne? Have a bunch of kings, queens and hands (since they also sit on it sometimes) died from just sitting on the throne for long periods of time?
I'll be honest, I had no clue what was wrong with him. If they told us it was the swords, I missed it.

Had no idea the Throne itself was that dangerous! (I guess it does look like it could be)

These kings and queens need some cushioning to protect themselves. Maybe a bodysuit would do the trick (the crown can still be external to the suit):

upload_2022-9-19_22-34-36.jpeg

I'll be honest, I had no clue what was wrong with him. If they told us it was the swords, I missed it.

I’m not 100% sure but I think he mentioned something about the throne stabbing him and causing one of those wounds on his body, and later we do see him actually cut himself while sitting on it.

Maegor died on the Throne, literally.

And Aerys (Danny’s father) was called “King Scab” because his body was literally riddled with wounds from constantly getting cut by the throne during his manic fits.

Ah okay. Thanks, I didn’t know that. Not a good place to be sitting when you’re losing your mind!

Had no idea the Throne itself was that dangerous! (I guess it does look like it could be)

These kings and queens need some cushioning to protect themselves. Maybe a bodysuit would do the trick (the crown can still be external to the suit):

View attachment 58791
A seat cushion at least. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"