Justice League If it’s a success will Zack Snyder’s Justice League lead to more?

A big issue is also scheduling. Most of these actors have their own solo franchises, are clearly more or less done with the role like Ben or busy filming The Witcher like Cavill. Obviously nothing is impossible, but there are obvious hurdles.

My guess would be Snyder would do some sort of spinoff rather than JL2. Maybe something Knightmare related. Funnily enough, before Fisher/ very public and probably unresolvable falling out with WB I thought it’d be cool (though not my thing) if Snyder did a Cyborg movie or series that explored some of his take on the Fourth World stuff.

I think scheduling would be the biggest hurdle, but if they do change JL2 to a season format, theoretically they could change it up enough so the actors didn't have to be together for long periods.

If they want to compete with Disney’s Mandalorian, they won’t use a Zack Snyder project to do that. They’ll use something like House Of The Dragon.

Zack coming back to WB is even more unlikely at this point than getting Affleck & Gadot to sign a contract. I find it more believable that Snyder comes back to do a short movie/episode with Leto’s Joker (Robin flashbacks included + a Batfleck cameo) than a full-on ZSJL 2 & 3. The sequel is bound to alienate the larger audience as well as Snyder fans. A lot of folks that have heard about evil Superman + the deaths of Wonder Woman/Aquaman don’t like it. Not just Snyder haters. And it’s not the kind of story that you can tie up in a bow like what’s dropping March 18th. You can’t really do JL2 without finishing it up with a #3. It’s like a one-two punch similar to Kill Bill Volume 1 & 2.

I’m not saying it’s going to happen but I wouldn’t be surprised AT ALL if Andy Muschietti goes on to direct a Justice League sequel/soft reboot (after a shift in the universe takes place). “From the director of IT and The Flash...Michael Keaton returns as Bruce Wayne to lead the Justice League into a new era: featuring Gal Gadot’s Wonder Woman, Ezra Miller’s Flash, Jason Momoa’s Aquaman, Dwayne Johnson’s Black Adam and Sasha Calle’s Supergirl”. And if they can lock Henry Cavill, then they can add Superman to that list. Or bring a brand new Superman into it.

A part of me thinks Snyder has heard through the grapevine that WB/Muschietti are planning to move on with a Justice League of their own. Hence Zack’s comment “I don’t think they’re interested in continuing this story...at least not with me”.

Thing is he doesn’t have to go back to WB cause it’d be HBO Max that did it,

Also don’t rule out niche properties like this, they have built in fanbasss which is great for a streaming service. Of course a lot of dominoes have to fall for sequels or spin offs to have any chance but if it’s a success I bet you they’ll explore it.

Thing is he doesn’t have to go back to WB cause it’d be HBO Max that did it,

Also don’t rule out niche properties like this, they have built in fanbasss which is great for a streaming service. Of course a lot of dominoes have to fall for sequels or spin offs to have any chance but if it’s a success I bet you they’ll explore it.
The HBO Max DC stuff is still overseen by the people at WB who handle DC stuff I believe. Obviously, AT&T has final say (gag, still horrified they own WB) but I feel like people exaggerate the divergence. Like I said earlier though, won’t be shocked if they give Snyder a spin off that’s easier to manage and is more cut off from their big names.

And Shauner is absolutely right. Their Mandalorian will be House of the Dragon.

The HBO Max DC stuff is still overseen by the people at WB who handle DC stuff I believe. Obviously, AT&T has final say (gag, still horrified they own WB) but I feel like people exaggerate the divergence. Like I said earlier though, won’t be shocked if they give Snyder a spin off that’s easier to manage and is more cut off from their big names.

And Shauner is absolutely right. Their Mandalorian will be House of the Dragon.

WB is a subsidiary of WarnerMedia which is owned by AT&T who were the ones who decided the Sc was happening. Jason Kilar is the boss. WB don’t have any say in HBO Max.

I don’t see what that has to do with Snyder sequels? You don’t just create one show to rival another companies. They’ll be creating tons of content to compete with their rivals.

WB is a subsidiary of WarnerMedia which is owned by AT&T who were the ones who decided the Sc was happening. Jason Kilar is the boss. WB don’t have any say in HBO Max.

I don’t see what that has to do with Snyder sequels? You don’t just create one show to rival another companies. They’ll be creating tons of content to compete with their rivals.
They’re not hurting for content is what I mean. If the Snyder Cut is received for everything else Snyder has ever made has been received, I doubt they drop all that money into full on sequels. Again, something smaller for the niche, totally possible.

It’s so incredibly clear they have plans for almost all these characters going forward. Plans that require most of these actors. I’m sure they want another Justice League eventually and already have some ideas of how to build to it.

They’re not hurting for content is what I mean. If the Snyder Cut is received for everything else Snyder has ever made has been received, I doubt they drop all that money into full on sequels. Again, something smaller for the niche, totally possible.

It’s so incredibly clear they have plans for almost all these characters going forward. Plans that require most of these actors. I’m sure they want another Justice League eventually and already have some ideas of how to build to it.

Streaming services always wanting more content, especially if it’s following up something that’s already successful. I don’t think it’d be the same sort of scenario, it wouldn’t be a film it’d likely be a series which would change the format and likely the budget too. Money talks.

Of course we’ll get a cinematic JL at some point but given the multiverse strategy and HBO been a different avenue they could easily co exist. Infact I don’t reckon a cinematic JL would be for about 10 years anyway.

There is a 1 percent chance this gets a live-action sequel made by Zack Snyder. And a 99 percent chance this leads to graphic novels.

:funny:

Been here the last 20 years mate. If there is a constant in all this time with WB its that they have NO CLUE on what to do with their DC characters other than yet another Batman reboot (Aronofsky, Nolan, Miller, Snyder and now Reeves; the veterans here have been through 5 of those). The JL, Green Lantern and Superman have been sent to TV, that's the level of the ideas they have.

Last edited:

Thank you.

:funny:

Been here the last 20 years mate. If there is a constant in all this time with WB its that they have NO CLUE on what to do with their DC characters other than yet another Batman reboot. The JL, Green Lantern and Superman have been sent to TV, that's the level of the ideas they have.

That’s a bit of an oversimplification. One of those is a massive film and the other will have a huge budget for TV.

Also, Flash was set up in a TV show a year ago. Multiple sequels are coming. Multiple films have series attached; one of which is filming and the film it’s related to doesn’t even have a trailer out yet. I think they have an inkling of an idea. Lol

Speaking of, TSS & Peacemaker possibly coming out just 6 months apart from one another will be huge, assuming the film is as exciting and crowd pleasing as it seems.

No it isn't. The GL series was supposed to be a companion to the film, like Peacemaker. Instead HBO was able to get the series going in a matter of months with Berlanti where as WB has the film on development hell since 5 years ago, 2 with Goyer and 3 with Johns. The Superman situation speaks for itself. And yes, its the 5th Batman reboot since 2002. If they had a clue they would be doing something about this instead of giving us Peacemaker and Birds of Prey as their stuff to look forward to.

I don't know what to expect. I have had high hopes for the Snyder cut since it was announced that it would finally be releasing, despite having mixed feelings about both MOS and BvS in general. To this day, I think the only great film Zack Snyder has made was 300. I don't know what to say about MOS, but we don't need to keep talking about it--good, but so controversial--it had potential. But BvS was a drag and had no optimism or joy. End of story.

All the press and trailers the movie was getting, I was feeling more optimistic that Snyder would be getting Justice League right this time, by that I mean, I was hoping he would be able to find a balance with joy, darkness, some humor and realism.

I don't know what to expect from a length of 4 hours. The Batman v Superman Ultimate Edition might have been better than the theatrical cut, but to me, a majority of its extended scenes just drag the story out longer with very slow development. Death of Superman was not earned.

As for Justice League, the exclusion of the classic Superman suit in this movie has really narrowed down my excitement for this movie. I was more excited at first until I found out we won't get the classic suit. I know Snyder's plan was to get to the 'classic' Superman by this movie, as he stated in interviews, and we sort of got the classic Superman from Joss Whedon, albeit it was over-the-top and corny. In retrospect, I wanted to see how Snyder did it. Superman wasn't very optimistic or hopeful in BvS--he wasn't anything like the Superman we know to be. He spent a portion of the film brooding.

You can still make a serious film and still have humor and optimism in it. I don't know if the film will do well enough, without Superman appearing in his classic suit at some point in the film.

No it isn't. The GL series was supposed to be a companion to the film, like Peacemaker. Instead HBO was able to get the series going in a matter of months with Berlanti where as WB has the film on development hell since 5 years ago, 2 with Goyer and 3 with Johns. The Superman situation speaks for itself. And yes, its the 5th Batman reboot since 2002. If they had a clue they would be doing something about this instead of giving us Peacemaker and Birds of Prey as their stuff to look forward to.
Doing something like Peacemaker speaks to them being more interested in their directors style than a specific IP. So, I’m down for that. I don’t really care about the big names getting movies - if a good director wants to make a ****ing Kite Man movie I’m perfectly fine with them prioritizing that over GL or whatever.

It’s obviously a chaotic studio, but I think there are benefits to that chaos. Harley Quinn is also insanely, massively popular - BoP didn’t do great but doing a Harley movie was an incredibly obvious move.

Last edited:
Doing something like Peacemaker speaks to them being more interested in their directors style than a specific IP. So, I’m down for that. I don’t really care about the big names getting movies - of a good director wants to make a ****ing Kite Man movie I’m perfectly fine with them prioritizing that over GL or whatever.

It’s obviously a chaotic studio, but I think there are benefits to that chaos. Harley Quinn is also insanely, massively popular - BoP didn’t do great but doing a Harley movie was an incredibly obvious move.

And that's where we differ. I do not give a damn about the latest rookie Batman reboot (4 of those, man) or whatever they come up with for 3rd tier characters nobody cares about when you have the big guns and simply don't do anything with them, and send them to tv because they're simply not in your immediate horizon. The fact that Polka Dot Man is going to be in more movies than friggin' Superman in the next 3-4 years disgusts me to no end. In any normal job people get fired for that level of incompetence.

And that's where we differ. I do not give a damn about the latest rookie Batman reboot (4 of those, man) or whatever they come up with for 3rd tier characters nobody cares about when you have the big guns and simply don't do anything with them, and send them to tv because they're simply not in your immediate horizon. The fact that Polka Dot Man is going to be in more movies than friggin' Superman in the next 3-4 years disgusts me to no end. In any normal job people get fired for that level of incompetence.
That’s fair, but I just don’t care at all about iconic stature. It means nothing to me. I want a Superman franchise, but mostly I just want directors to pick whatever random ass character suits them and go to town.

The characters are secondary to the creatives to me.

I think it'll depend on part whether there's a story left to tell. I mean, they're introducing Darkseid but the main villain will be Steppenwolf, this Darksied is still out there as a threat.

There's also rumours of a Green Lantern post credit scene which would such immensely if nothing ever came of that.

As much as I'd like to see Snyder complete his arc it just won't happen. WB have already conceded once, they won't do it again.

Zack confirmed no post credit scene.
Pre credit scene then. I've seen a still (possibly fake) that implies a Lantern appearance at Bruce's lake house.

If the still is legit, and not a post credit scene, then it may be the final scene of the film ... maybe

And who says that show can’t still be a companion to a future film? It is an oversimplification to say “they just threw GL and JL on TV”. One is an unprecedented situation and the other will have a huge budget; not just some old TV show.

You seem to want something they just aren’t doing, but they’re clearly doing plenty and planning for future projects. I can’t agree with you when you say they aren’t.

I personally don’t mind a Batman reboot that looks nothing like any other we’ve seen yet, or something like Peacemaker that will have a artist’s specific sort of tone and style.

It’s also silly to say those are the two things they have for people to get excited about. Lol nobody’s saying they’re perfect and make no mistakes, but they’re clearly planning things and working them, no matter how small they may seem.

And who says that show can’t still be a companion to a future film? It is an oversimplification to say “they just threw GL and JL on TV”. One is an unprecedented situation and the other will have a huge budget; not just some old TV show.

You seem to want something they just aren’t doing, but they’re clearly doing plenty and planning for future projects. I can’t agree with you when you say they aren’t.

I personally don’t mind a Batman reboot that looks nothing like any other we’ve seen yet, or something like Peacemaker that will have a artist’s specific sort of tone and style.

It’s also silly to say those are the two things they have for people to get excited about. Lol nobody’s saying they’re perfect and make no mistakes, but they’re clearly planning things and working them, no matter how small they may seem.

Exactly. And this is where this conversation ends, since we're rooting for completely different things.

Heart says yes, head says no. Sadly. Ideally wold love continuation with established roles / actors but not sure how or whether that will move forward given Flashpoint. That film, I'm dreading frankly as I'm not sure how much of what Snyder has established, will continue or be allowed to exist in current (ZSJL) structure.

Even if it is a success, WB will not concede they were in the wrong, so who knows how it'll all look, but I am excited for Supergirl's introduction.

I guess we’ll see, but I don’t think the major events of MoS, BvS or JL will be lost. Aliens invading, Superman existing, dying, and resurrecting, and the JL saving the world can all continue.

Some actors may leave or be replaced, some events may just fall to the wayside, but even then, some of their upcoming projects still excite me; connected to some **** or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"