Justice League If it’s a success will Zack Snyder’s Justice League lead to more?

I hope this is it. With the news of a new Superman reboot possibly with a new cast...just roll with that in a separate world. Have it be stand alone unless they want to connect it to Battinson. I’m good with Momoa and Miller ending their time as Aquaman & Flash once Wan & Muschietti don’t want to do this anymore. Same with Gal and Patty after Wonder Woman 3.

I think 2013-2023 is long enough. Get a new “Earth” going and leave the Snyderverse behind like the Snyder era left the Nolanverse behind. Everything has to move on.

I hope this is it. With the news of a new Superman reboot possibly with a new cast...just roll with that in a separate world. Have it be stand alone unless they want to connect it to Battinson. I’m good with Momoa and Miller ending their time as Aquaman & Flash once Wan & Muschietti don’t want to do this anymore. Same with Gal and Patty after Wonder Woman 3.

I think 2013-2023 is long enough. Get a new “Earth” going and leave the Snyderverse behind like the Snyder era left the Nolanverse behind. Everything has to move on.
The "long enough" thing doesn't hold water when the MCU has been going since 2008 and there's no end in sight (not that I'm complaining, WandaVision might be their best project yet).

The "long enough" thing doesn't hold water when the MCU has been going since 2008 and there's no end in sight (not that I'm complaining, WandaVision might be their best project yet).
It needs to once again be said.

The MCU is a feat that had never been accomplished before and it will likely never be replicated to the same level of success. It is by very definition an outlier.

Warner Brothers is not Disney. They don't have a Kevin Feige. Anybody who expects them to achieve what Marvel Studios has achieved is going to be perpetually let down and they're never going to be able to enjoy anything DC puts out because of this impossible standard.

WB hitched their wagon to a divisive filmmaker, and they've essentially been swimming in the wake of Batman v Superman for the past five years. Plenty of blame to pass, but the situation is simply not tenable or sustainable. Best to let it ride itself out and start over from scratch (whatever that may look like).

Last edited:
Even with the Superman news I'm quietly confident Snyder will get to continue his story in some way. Not something the size of a direct Justice League sequel, but something more personal such as a Batman/Joker story.

It would be interesting to see how Snyder would handle something smaller scale driven by the story and characters.

It holds water for me because I don’t like the MCU and was sick of it before Endgame. This isn’t DC Studios where everything has to keep going because there are no other options. An actor playing a single character for several years or a decade is enough for me.

It holds water for me because I don’t like the MCU and was sick of it before Endgame. This isn’t DC Studios where everything has to keep going because there are no other options. An actor playing a single character for several years or a decade is enough for me.

Ding ding ding.

I very firmly believe that had Wonder Woman and Aquaman not performed so well, WB would have just bit the bullet and pulled the plug in favor of a reboot. As it stands now I suspect they're gonna lean on this Multiverse thing to continue gradually phasing out some of the original Snyder cast additions until Gadot and Momoa leave as well.

What would be considered success?

I would hope not...want the snyder era over with. move on dammit. give him and his fans an else world hbo max miniseries in the damn nightmare setting If thats what they want.or I dunno an animated film

I would hope not...want the snyder era over with. move on dammit. give him and his fans an else world hbo max miniseries in the damn nightmare setting If thats what they want.or I dunno an animated film

They’re pushing into the multiverse it’s not like doing this is gonna stop other movies. Simple answer if we get more you don’t have to watch it.

They’re pushing into the multiverse it’s not like doing this is gonna stop other movies. Simple answer if we get more you don’t have to watch it.

thats a bs argument.He shouldn't get justice league franchise.Give him an else worlds at most.

In fact, we always assumed there would be a cliffhanger at the end of the movie, like martian manhunter or flash from the future warning the jla to prevent a potentiel threat like the coming of darkseid. But it doesn't necessarly needs to be adressed in a sequel. We don't need a sequel to see jla against darkseid and if they win or lose. The purpose of this movie, this whole trilogy (MOS, BVS and JLA) is to bring back the concept of age of heroes (the same one from the past where Amazons, atlanteans and humanity stand together to stop darkseid and his army) to deter the coming of Darkseid (he sends steppenwolf in the movie because we are divised in a cynical world). The whole point is Superman succeed to inspire mankind to be a better version of themselves.

Think about it, watchmen ends with a cliffhanger. Does it need to be adressed ? No it just open a lot of possibilities. Same for a lot of movies like Life with Jake Gynehall or a quiet place with emily blunt. It's so common to end a movie while staying opened. Its up to us to imagine what could possibly happen. Infinity war/MCU could have totally ended with the victory of thanos if they wanted to. I can totally see an ending where after victory against steppenwolf, darkseid comes to earth and we see each heroes looking at each other, united and determined to save the day. And that could possibly end like that, like maybe we will win, maybe we will loose, doesn't matter at the end because whatever happened, we will fight until the end of the line, together, yo !

Do we really need a sequel during the knightmare future after all we've got ? Don't think so.

That’s what I think it is, just think of it like the end of the Incredibles where it sets up the fight with whoever that bad guy was.

To add more argument to my post, even 300 ended with some kind of a cliffhanger i could totally see an end like this and see ? We don't need a sequel. Everything is said and done, just like it's going to be for the snyder cut

Don't worry, guys. Just enjoy the snyder cut for what it is : a conclusion for his superman arc with probably an open door at the end for more without the necessity to have a sequel.

thats a bs argument.He shouldn't get justice league franchise.Give him an else worlds at most.
Well guess what, he got it. It’s not like there can’t be different versions running at once either, that’s the whole schtick of the multiverse concept.

In case you haven’t noticed this is an Elseworlds and DC are opening the multiverse. Sequels to ZSJL would be Elseworlds.

Then he shouldn't get any more :)

All in all id prefer if we dont give more money to a failed project.Reboot what didnt work recast who didnt work.

Nope it won’t lead to more, at least not anything with Snyder attached. I do believe WB will continue to take advantage of the multiverse idea and just be free to do whatever they want. The fact that Joker made a billion dollars says everything.

What would be considered success?
Cracking or topping Nielsen's list of top streaming shows/movies? When WW84 topped the chart all parties involved were celebrating. It's usually dominated by Netflix so that's probably why it was such a big deal

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"