Jackson Developing The Long Kiss Goodnight 2

Hunter Rider

Ronin
Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=20973
Source: MTV
June 12, 2007

1408 star Samuel L. Jackson tells MTV that he is developing a sequel to The Long Kiss Goodnight with director Renny Harlin, who helmed the first pic. The actor says they are currently talking to writers.

Don't expect Geena Davis back in the role of Samantha Caine, however, as the sequel will focus on her daughter. "Actually, we're thinking, you know, the little girl [Samantha's daughter, Caitlin] is grown up now and possibly got some skills passed onto her by her mom," Jackson said. "Her mom gets killed and we want to find out who did it."

Click here for more on this.

Hahaha i love Sam,no concept is a bad concept to him:woot::up:

Taratino needs to give Jackson some busy work.

Haven't seen the first one (on my Netflix queue, though), but it sounded pretty fun. Maybe if they get some good writers for this, it could work. :up:

I loved it when I first saw it but haven't seen it in years. I think it could be interesting.

Why?

Why are they doing this?
Why is Samuel Jackson HIMSELF taking a role in developing this? Does he have nothing else on his plate?

Are Hollywood so desperate for sequels that they'll make a sequel to anything?!

I like Sam, but why The Long Kiss Goodnight? I don't see any point really.

Why?

Why are they doing this?
Why is Samuel Jackson HIMSELF taking a role in developing this? Does he have nothing else on his plate?

Are Hollywood so desperate for sequels that they'll make a sequel to anything?!

You ever think he just enjoys playing that character? It's been so long since I've seen the movie, I don't remember it at all however I think after Snakes on a Plane and Black Snake Moan, when Sam Jackson does a movie, it's because he wants to, not really for money since there's got be better movies for him to be making.

You ever think he just enjoys playing that character? It's been so long since I've seen the movie, I don't remember it at all however I think after Snakes on a Plane and Black Snake Moan, when Sam Jackson does a movie, it's because he wants to, not really for money since there's got be better movies for him to be making.

You might be right. The Long Kiss Goodnight is a completely forgetable, generic action movie. But Sam Jackson's character is very amusing. At one point, he is kicked out of a moving car, and he just lies in the middle of the road relaxing. :up:

Unless Shane Black does it... Why bother.

Shane Black was the writer and producer of the first one and he doesn't even like it.

This will never get made. The first one was a complete and utter bomb.

Shane Black was the writer and producer of the first one and he doesn't even like it.

This will never get made. The first one was a complete and utter bomb.
I was just about to ask - wasn't Long Kiss 1 a box office failure? I thought LKGN was one of the films that helped destroy Geena Davis's career (along with Cutthroat Island).

Its amazing. Sam Jackson can do practically any movie that would be career suicide to any other actor...and it doesn't effect his career in the least.

Its amazing. Sam Jackson can do practically any movie that would be career suicide to any other actor...and it doesn't effect his career in the least.
I guess that makes him God, or a god, doesn't it?

totally pointless. the first was fun because of the tongue in cheek kitschness of a killer housewife, but without geena davis it'd be horrible. plus...like many others have said above me, this is a movie that really doesnt need...or deserve a sequel. harlin is a hack.

Loved the first one, but I really can't see a sequel spawning from this.

Let's hope he was joking.

Renny Harlin On "Long Kiss" Sequel
By Garth Franklin Sunday March 15th 2009 11:46AM

Out doing promotions for "12 Rounds", director Renny Harlin ("CLiffhanger," "Die Hard 2") revealed that a sequel to his 1996 hit "The Long Kiss Goodnight" is in the works, but it may be a while off.

"You know I would love to [make the sequel] and I’ve talked about it but it’s definitely a rumour. Right now there’s nothing really cooking on it" said the Finnish director this week to Moviehole.

In the original, Geena Davis played spy Samantha Caine who lost her memory and became a housewife. Soon her real memories and skills start to re-emerge and Mitch Henessey (Samuel L. Jackson) gets pulled along for the ride as she hunts down those who tried to kill her.

The sequel would focus on Jackson alone and Harlin admits he has a story ready for it - "I do have a story line for it, that I worked out and I know exactly what would happen and I think it would be fantastic and I can reveal as much as saying it would be Sam Jackson to his misfortune crossing paths with Geena Davis's daughter from the first movie who in the first movie was about six years old and who would now be about 19 or 20."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"