James Bond: 007 - Spectre - - - Part 12

Let's be thankful that that didn't happen and we got a far better Bond in Roger Moore instead.

I disagree. Lazenby did a hell of a job as Bond for someone who had never acted before. That movie is now considered one of the best of the series. Lazenby was just 28 and if he would have accepted the 7 film contract, he could have carried on into the early 80s into his early 40s while still being in fit shape. Diamonds are Forever would have been a much serious film if he would have starred in it.

Lazenby in 1974
41a441d308e6243b35e059bd2fd19a40.jpg.cf.jpg

Last edited:
I'm not sure I'd want Lazenby to replace all of the Moore run, but certainly I'd have preferred to see him take on Diamonds Are Forever than the film we got.

I'm not sure I'd want Lazenby to replace all of the Moore run, but certainly I'd have preferred to see him take on Diamonds Are Forever than the film we got.

Anything would've been better than the Diamonds are Forever we got, easily the worst of the franchise for me.

Lazenby would probably evolved into an excellent 007 if he had taken the offer. Roger Moore's contribution was probably the worst series of films of Bond that was made - some of them really made me cringe!

Yeah, that's the truth.

In my mind, OHMSS takes place after Thunderball and ignores YOLT. So the story is in sequence just like the Fleming chronology. And it explains why Blofeld doesn't recognise Bond.

DAF takes places in the 'Conneryverse', occurring after YOLT. Especially with the beginning of DAF taking place in Japan. Bond would merely be looking for Blofeld after he vanished from the volcano lair, not because he killed Tracy.

I disagree. Lazenby did a hell of a job as Bond for someone who had never acted before. That movie is now considered one of the best of the series. Lazenby was just 28 and if he would have accepted the 7 film contract, he could have carried on into the early 80s into his early 40s while still being in fit shape. Diamonds are Forever would have been a much serious film if he would have starred in it.

Lazenby in 1974
41a441d308e6243b35e059bd2fd19a40.jpg.cf.jpg

No way - it's Bruce Lee's sister!

[YT][/YT]
No way - it's Bruce Lee's sister!
Actually Angela Mao from the 1974 movie 'The Shrine Of The Ultimate Bliss'. Lazenby brutally kicks a$$ in a huge karate fight scene taking out a gang of about 15 henchmen.

Go to exactly 44:00 in the video to watch the fight. Moore could never do this. You won't be disappointed.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JE0wIJZA6D8

And at 1:31 for more action.

Last edited:
Luke Evans as James Bond please!

Tabloids would have a field day with that. I think he'd be a good Bond though.

So I finally got around to watching this after being completely bummed out by the reaction when it initially came out.

I enjoyed it but it's one of the weakest Craig films and one of the weaker Bond films. It actually managed to feel less important than even Quantum of Solace somehow. I did like the ambiance and the performances funny enough but the biggest thing in this movie is that there was this resounding feeling of boredom from almost everyone involved in making this.

This movie was just so cluttered. It just had this silly linear structure that made it appear like it was going down some rabbit hole (not a bad idea) but it felt like it just kept plodding along and not really having an end point in mind. There's something really wrong with that scene with Bond in the chair in that hotel after them not finding anything. To me it kind of represented the problems with the plot.

I just saw Spectre for the first time on Epix.
It was the first film I watched on Epix.
Not bad.

So, when are they announcing the new Bond?

I'd imagine within the next month or so at latest.

Madeline's gonna be all like, "where's the guy old enough to be my dad I rode gone?" :funny:

Yeah, I gave them the benefit of the doubt on that one. But having seen the film, it was awkward.

I now feel like the film won't be out until another two years, so don't rule out one more Craig film.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"