• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

James Bond: 007 - Spectre - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
No not really, Batsy. I mean I grew up watching all the Moore and Connery ones and several of them I don't care for; Diamonds are Forever, The Man with the Golden Gun, Moonraker etc.

Same here.

I like Octopussy for the good qualities and entertainment it has. I think Maud Adams is a great leading Bond girl and had good chemistry with Moore. Louis Jordan was very good as Kamal Kahn. The plot is interesting. The locations are terrific (India provides some beautiful imagery).

:up:

I agree with all of that. One thing I'll add is that the death of 009 sets up the story in an interesting way.

It would have been nice to get an actual Afghan (or at least Middle Eastern) actor to play an Afghani character (because Jourdan was so clearly NOT Afghan, just like Joseph Wiseman was so clearly NOT half-Chinese). But that's a long-standing problem that films have STILL not addressed I guess.

more information here!*New ‘Spectre’ Vlog Release Announced Featuring Léa Seydoux, Monica Bellucci, Sam Mendes

At 8:00 UK time tomorrow, Thursday, August 13, the latest vlog from the set of SPECTRE will be released on www.007.com. Featuring Léa Seydoux and Monica Bellucci, as well as director Sam Mendes, the footage gives viewers a glimpse of the roles the actresses play in SPECTRE.

Sam Mendes said, “In SPECTRE, the two women who Bond hooks up with, both have great mystery, they both have depths and for that you need fantastic actresses.”

Regarding her character, Léa Seydoux shared some interesting information about her role: “She’s a doctor, she’s intelligent and very sensitive…”

It seems Seydoux’s role is wrote the opposite of that played by Monica Bellucci who gave a clue about her character: “She’s an Italian widow with secrets.”

Alongside the release of the new volt, new exclusive images from SPECTRE will also be released.

Octopussy was never Moore's worst in my book, take out the clown & tarzan yell and you would've had a great swansong.

I don't even dislike TMTWGG thát much!

On her Majesty's Secret Service was by far the worst one for me.

I somehow missed that Léa Seydoux was in this film. :doh:

New VLOG

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oa-4YYgbZtI

SITE_LEA_V2.jpg

SITE_LEA.jpg

Screenshot_2015-08-13-08-23-06-1.png

Last edited:
Finally saw the trailer on the big screen when I saw M:I 5 wow I am SO pumped really cannot wait for this :007

Watching License to Kill.
I really think Dalton deserved one or two more movies.

When I picture in my mind what Bond looks like, it's somewhere between Dalton and Brosnan. Both of them kind of have that dark, mysterious, hidden look about them... they almost look like the same person, while not. It just blows that they were stuck in crappy movies.

Connery always seemed to look too much like an actor or male model, and I could never take him seriously as someone who'd been through rough training to get to where he is - he just seemed too "pretty" to have been through hell. And Moore was too goofy and old and cartoony. Ditto on Lazenby with the model/actor thing.

Craig is pretty damn good, though. Probably the best interpretation of the character ever.

Can I throw some hats in the ring for the next Bond?

James McAvoy
Tom Hardy
Michael Fassbender
Henry Cavill
Orlando Bloom
Jamie Dornan
Jude Law
Robert Pattinson

I'll probably get hate for Pattinson, but he's broken free from the teeny stuff and is doing more adult/dramatic work. He's not a bad actor, and he's certainly got charisma. And he's got the look down pretty well.

At Toronto's Fan Expo, I'm going to try to get Mads Mikkelson's personalized autograph on a Le Chiffre 8 x 10 for a friend of mine who's a huge 007 fan. :mrk:

McAvoy or Cavill would be interesting. Fassbender and Law could probably pull it off acting-wise. However, they might be a bit too old to just START playing Bond by the time that Craig leaves. I like Hardy and Pattinson, but neither really screams "James Bond" to me (although I'd could maybe be convinced otherwise depending on their performances).

And yes, Lea looks AMAZING (especially in that silver dress). Monica's no slouch herself either. ;)

Wow, OHMSS is probably in my top five.

As a movie, certainly.

But Lazenby never gave the feeling that he really wanted to play 007, I think he already made up his mind before one scene was actually shot.

I can imagine that the rumors of Rigg and him not getting along were actually true, he killed his own career.

Ironically, Connery gave an equally boring performance in DAF, but dat paycheck... :argh:

Watching License to Kill.
I really think Dalton deserved one or two more movies.

When I picture in my mind what Bond looks like, it's somewhere between Dalton and Brosnan. Both of them kind of have that dark, mysterious, hidden look about them... they almost look like the same person, while not. It just blows that they were stuck in crappy movies.

Connery always seemed to look too much like an actor or male model, and I could never take him seriously as someone who'd been through rough training to get to where he is - he just seemed too "pretty" to have been through hell. And Moore was too goofy and old and cartoony. Ditto on Lazenby with the model/actor thing.

Craig is pretty damn good, though. Probably the best interpretation of the character ever.

Dalton was a true sir who waited 5 years to resign, it's still one of the worst things to happen to the series.

And Lea's dress :hmr:

Can I throw some hats in the ring for the next Bond?

James McAvoy
Tom Hardy
Michael Fassbender
Henry Cavill
Orlando Bloom
Jamie Dornan
Jude Law
Robert Pattinson

I'll probably get hate for Pattinson, but he's broken free from the teeny stuff and is doing more adult/dramatic work. He's not a bad actor, and he's certainly got charisma. And he's got the look down pretty well.

Those actors, with the exceptions of Dornan, Cavill, and Pattinson, will be too old to take over the role by the time Daniel Craig exits. Honestly I'd prefer they choose an unknown, because they'd come with less baggage and their name wouldn't outshine the role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"