James Bond: 007 - Spectre - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice updates. I read the synopsis, and the notion that the British government is still trying to dismantle the secret service/00 section after the hearing shootout in SkyFall is a bit dumb..but we'll see….

I don't mind it. Strike while the iron is hot - and that goes double for villains. Quantum has "people everywhere", so it's probable that's why the issue of shutting down MI6 has arisen. And I quite like the sense of continuity it gives the rebooted franchise. It all feels more connected this time, that it's leading to something bigger.

Nice updates. I read the synopsis, and the notion that the British government is still trying to dismantle the secret service/00 section after the hearing shootout in SkyFall is a bit dumb..but we'll see….

I can see how it would make sense. They still never settled their dispute against M. Then some nut rolls up in there and shoots the place up. If anything, Silva was more ammo for the government trying to take down MI6. Well, unless something in the beginning of this film sets something off instead. And of course, Quantum is being reintroduced.

Has it been established onscreen the Judi Dench's M in the Brosnan films is different from her M in Craig's?

I think it's implied enough. Her role in the Brosnan films was that of the modern world catching up to the dinosaur that was Post-War Bond. Whereas the Craig era M was herself an old-fashioned Cold Warrior who lamented those golden days of espionage.

I can see how it would make sense. They still never settled their dispute against M. Then some nut rolls up in there and shoots the place up. If anything, Silva was more ammo for the government trying to take down MI6. Well, unless something in the beginning of this film sets something off instead. And of course, Quantum is being reintroduced.

If it wan't for the M16 everyone in the hearing would probably be dead…granted M was the reason they were there to begin with, it still shows those politicians that terrorism is running rampant,and a greater need for such agencies and ways to police it. If anythng they should be throwing more money at M16….

You're assuming that in the real world, governments always do things that make sense. In fact, it's quite realistic that they would continue to try to dismantle MI6; in those scenarios, once someone in power (usually an unelected bureaucrat) wants something defunded, it's going to keep coming up year after year regardless of what's going on in the outside world until that guy is either gone or gets squashed.

If it wan't for the M16 everyone in the hearing would probably be dead…granted M was the reason they were there to begin with, it still shows those politicians that terrorism is running rampant,and a greater need for such agencies and ways to police it. If anythng they should be throwing more money at M16….

M and MI6 is an easy target to scapegoat. Let's just assume that one person died during the entire Parliament shootout or the subway train crash. The UK media and soon, the world media, would sensationalize it and here we go. Modern day news outlets milk that s*** for all it's worth. Who is Silva? A dog that MI6 couldn't curb. Then what if somebody leaks info from the inside?

Trying to dismantle an entire intelligence agency, you're biggest/most elite one to boot, is mind-numbingly stupid/nonsensical. It'd be like the US Congress trying to completely dismantle the CIA, it's not going to happen. Especially not in a post-911 world, or post-London Bus Bombings in the UK's case. That's the one part of this that I'm really iffy about, both for the reasons stated above and because we kind of already did this in Skyfall. You know, the LAST movie.

You guys are not taking into the possibility that the movement to dismantle the 007 section and merge mi5/6 is enforced by the government in appearance only, behind the scenes it's being guided by a malevolent influence.

Folding a secret service agency into another one or streamlining it makes sense.

Folding MI6 into what exactly? Are they going to just make up something completely new whole-clothe? Because that'd be dumb as well. And as for the "shadowy malevolent force," the "rival government guy" turning out to be evil/corrupt is REALLY clichéd/predictable.

Let alone the relationship between Quantum, Spectre, and Parliament. And remember when Bond killed the bodyguard of the Prime Minister's advisor (who was a Quantum member)?

You guys are not taking into the possibility that the movement to dismantle the 007 section and merge mi5/6 is enforced by the government in appearance only, behind the scenes it's being guided by a malevolent influence.

Hail Hydra.

But i am saying this is a happy medium, anyone who assumes James Bond is a code name, then well, they obviously haven't been paying attention and it's a non argument.

What i am saying is this universe can move forwards or branch out and still keep elements.

For instance, Elba could be the new 007, still interact with Q, M and have london as the focal point.

But i am saying this is a happy medium, anyone who assumes James Bond is a code name, then well, they obviously haven't been paying attention and it's a non argument.

What i am saying is this universe can move forwards or branch out and still keep elements.

For instance, Elba could be the new 007, still interact with Q, M and have london as the focal point.

Ugh, are we back on the whole changing Bond thing again? Bond, like Batman and Superman is a legend and is who he is, leave it alone, it's worked brilliantly for over 50 years.

Instead of messing with a classic someone should write an original secret agent movie with a Black/Asian/Latin lead and do something fresh.

Bond has changed plenty in the last 50 years. If the best person for the job is not white then yes he should be played by that person.

Also a black, Latino or asian bond doesn't mean other new characters with different races won't happen and that would indeed by an interesting thing.

Also, like bond, superman and batman should change race if the best actor for the role is non white

Ugh this topic, and the whole "James Bond is just a code name" need to die in radioactive fire.

Bond has changed plenty in the last 50 years. If the best person for the job is not white then yes he should be played by that person.

Also a black, Latino or asian bond doesn't mean other new characters with different races won't happen and that would indeed by an interesting thing.

Also, like bond, superman and batman should change race if the best actor for the role is non white

The best choice is an actor that represents the race the character has always been, why on earth do people want to mess with classics. There will always be a white actor with the talent and look to play Bond, Bruce or Clark, it shouldn't be tampered with. Like I say, create new characters instead of trying to alter what works fine as it is.

It would work just as well with a non white lead

No, because Bond is white and should remain so, just like every other classic literary character should maintain who they are, whether that's their race or gender.

This is why there is such a dearth of fresh new characters, because the go to is to take a brand name and then just change their race or genitalia and go "Hey look, we are cutting edge and fresh!" No, it's lazy is all it is.

The best choice is an actor that represents the race the character has always been, why on earth do people want to mess with classics. There will always be a white actor with the talent and look to play Bond, Bruce or Clark, it shouldn't be tampered with. Like I say, create new characters instead of trying to alter what works fine as it is.
Exactly my opinion as well.

If you mess with a classic like Bond, I'll be all like this. :woot:

50705bd9409f5.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"