• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

JJ Abrams signs on w/Paramount! Marvel film soon???

Mr. Magoo said:
For the last time, I know what you said. You always accuse people of "putting words in your mouth," but then when you do the same and someone calls you on it, you go "oh, hmm, I thought that's what you meant." (This applies to everyone who you said has their head up their butt). Just because I said that it's unlikely JJ Abrams will ever direct a Marvel film doesn't mean I think that YOU think it's likely that he would. People can make tangential observations, can't they? Or do we all have to say "yeah, in the odd chance that JJ did end up making a Marvel film, that would totally be awesome?" (Although it WOULD totally be awesome...)

And stop with the passive-agressive LOLs at the end of all your posts. I don't want to argue, but really, it's so insulting.

The point was people put words in my mouth that never could have been misinterpreted at all. People are so busy arguing they don't read. Your words could easily have been interpreted as I did. At least I'm not an asshat and I'm willing to state when I "assumed" something. Go back to bed cause I have better things to do than go back and forth with you. You're just arguing for the sake of arguing. I didn't say any of the things that were posted above by some people and you'll never find a word in my posts to even suggest it. Bye now. Oh and thanks for anayzing my LOL's. Pathetic.

And MY point was that you could correct them in a nicer way (or arguing for argument's sake, tomato tomahto). I love how you alienate basically everyone on this thread by telling them they "have their heads up their [expletive deleted]" and then get pissed off that they don't like it! LOL. They assume things, yeah. So do you.

I'm glad you say you don't want to argue, because I don't want to argue with you either. I have nothing against you in general, I just think you've been rude on this thread, so I said so. I don't know what kind of a discussion you were expecting when you started this thread, but the fact that a lot of people pointed out that JJ's signing with Paramount doesn't make his working with Marvel much more likely doesn't really surprise me. I guess I'm biased because that's what I said, but if you really wanted this to be a thread about the merits of JJ Abrams, all you had to do was say "well what do you guys think about him as a director?" Not, "you're asshats LOL."

By the way, your LOLs don't take much "analysis." You use them whenever you're trying to insult people. What is pathetic, though? You say you have "better things to do" and end your rant with a "bye now," but I can clearly see you've been editing your post. So who's the one really arguing for argument's sake?

P.S. I personally don't think it was that easy to "assume" I thought Paramount should be making two Marvel films a year, no moreso than it is for people to assume you were suggesting there was some connection to JJ Abrams signing with Paramount and directing a Marvel film in the future, but whatever.

Ok you're right I'm wrong time to move on now. Nothing to see here. Argument over it's an insignificant topic. Seriouslly let's move on to bigger and better things like the point of this thread. We've both been distracted.

Abrams is working with Paramount not with Marvel. All Paramount is doing is distributing the movies, nothing else. Deals that Paramount makes have no effect with the Marvel movies because they are technically not Paramount movies they are Marvel movies distributed by Paramount.

I understand that but directors with the distributors tend to get first look deals. Favreau on Iron Man w/Paramount, and Louis Leterrier on Hulk w/Universal. Paramount couldn't get Jon Carter off the ground yet so they turned him onto this project. That's how it works.

TheVileOne said:
How about none of the above? He's set to do Star Trek next. He's also still doing Lost.

so? Lost is something he'll be doing for quite some time and after star trek I'm pretty sure he can find the time to do one of the above.:o

^ Of course. This thread was never meant to suggest he IS directing a Marvel film. It's just that he could have first looks at many deals under the distribution deal. If Marvel wants a director who's locked in with one of the distribution partners things flow nicely.

I'd love to see him take on Deathlok which Paramount actually has the rights too, or the live action Avengers film. He'd even do good for Black Panther though I have a feeling John Singlteon is gonna be running from Luke Cage soon if Sony doesn't wake the F up.

Hmm. Ya know, I could actually see him being a good match for Deathlok.

I wonder if Paramount's still interested in that one.

Deathlok is one of my favorite characters even with some of the lousy writing I dig the character.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"