Justice League Knightmare discussion thread

Same here! I loved every minute of that sequence. The dialogue between Bruce and Joker was so so good. And the little bits we got from the other team too.

I would like to see more of this timeline...but as its own separate thing not connected to a main JL narrative if that makes sense.

Leto was much better than he was in SS. I wasn’t too keen on Batman’s line about Harley Quinn but was very pleasantly surprised with Leto.

It was pretty much meh for me. The film had finished at that point to me and combined with my strong dislike of Leto's Joker, let's just say when I do a rewatch of the film, I'll be switching off at this point.

ExB7QMdXAAI6-Uh

Enjoyed it. Could’ve been shorter, arguably didn’t add that much to the main story, and I think it’s placement really hurt it for some. If the last few scenes had been organized into mid/post credit scenes, some might dislike it a little less.

I wasn’t a fan here or in BvS. Evil Superman’s not a concept that holds any appeal for me and I still didn’t like Leto’s Joker.

And, being brutally honest, it felt like it was tagged on to try and get his fan base to campaign for more rather than because it actually served this movie. I think the movie (which I enjoyed) would have been better if they cut the MM reveal after the Martha/Lois scene and ended with the shirt rip. There was enough in there for sequel hooks without this.

Actually, I think the reason its here is because Zack was almost 100% sure that this was the end of the road for him and this was an indulgence he could not resist. I think as a creative person Zack thought, "man, i'm going to regret this the rest of my life if I dont find a way to get Affleck and Leto together." I dont think Snyder has any expectation that this is continuing so so this was just him putting this in their because he wanted it and he knew the fans wanted to see Batman and Joker together.

I honestly thought this scene was unintentionally goofy and kind of hilarious. I like it, but I never thought I’d see the day that Joker tells Batman that he’ll give him a “reach around.” Strange scene, and awkwardly shot and written but I had fun with it.

Last edited:
The scene itself left alot to be desired IMO, but it was still great finally seeing Affleck and Leto interact and I honestly loved how intimate and personal the exchange between them felt. I just wanted so much more, but I really did enjoy their scenes together, eventhough it was very short.

Hated anything that had to do with Knightmare sequences. I hope this storyline is dropped hard if any JL sequels come out.

I think it's likely that any JL sequels/JL series that Snyder does WILL be the Knightmare.

I honestly thought this scene was unintentionally goofy and kind of hilarious. I like it, but I never thought I’d see the day that Joker tells Batman that he’ll give him a “reach around.” Strange scene, and awkwardly shot and written but I had fun with it.

What is that “reach around” means anyway??

I like the idea of the Knightmare as this Terminator-style future that they try to prevent over and over again. And I love the aesthetics. So metal.

Like it wouldn't be my preference to get an entire film that takes place in the Knightmare future, especially if there's only 2 Justice League movies. It'd be wierd. I'd still dig it though.

I am not able to reconcile the Knightmare from BvS with the newest one, are they supposed to be on separate timelines from each other? I mean, in the BvS one, Batman is with no metas and he is caught by Superman soldiers, Superman then proceeds to kill him.

In the JL Knightmare, Batman is with the other characters and it is Superman who finds them, we are not shown what happens but Supes most likely kill them all.

So, how does future Batman dies anyway

Wanted to see more personally, it seemed like just a taste of something much bigger and more entertaining to come.

It's definitely tacked on and unnecessary. I felt it detracted from the rest of the film, it might have been better off being placed earlier than later, although I can't think of a good place where you could insert this scene. Definitely was Snyder trying to get Batfleck and Leto's Joker on screen together.

Could argue this scene would be even better if it took place in BvS.

What is that “reach around” means anyway??
Probably best you don't google it! :eek:

In essence, it would be one person (in this case Joker) standing behind Bruce whilst reaching around his midsection and assisting him (Bruce) with releasing a bit of testosterone.

I probably don't need to say more! :oops:

As for Knightmare, if we ever got a full feature with it (and that would be the way I'd prefer to see it) I'd like to see more characters, or at least some more background on the missing.

The characters in that scene proteas a very specific agenda and were scouting the area or whatever, but I find it hard to believe that there'd be no Atlantian or Amazonian army left alive in that future, then you've got the question of where is Jonn, where is Supergirl, where is Shazam?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"