Justice League Knightmare discussion thread

I'm not against the idea of the whole Knightmare timeline, but I did not enjoy the scene and found it to be completely pointless. It did not look good overall and Ben does not fit that cowl anymore. It was cool to see Leto's Joker in a different context, but that's about it.

This and the Martian Manhunter scenes were the only things I really did not like about ZSJL.

To me, it's just another example of Snyder really sledgehammering home the "My superhero stories are for adults, mmm'kay!" Hence the whole, Joker wants to sexually grope Batman. Snyder thinks their relationship is homoerotic.

Someone had to acknowledge it on film at least once!

To me, it's just another example of Snyder really sledgehammering home the "My superhero stories are for adults, mmm'kay!" Hence the whole, Joker wants to sexually grope Batman. Snyder thinks their relationship is homoerotic.

To be fair, that was an ad-lib from Leto.

It's not like Joker is provoking Batman by referring to their relationship as enemies over the years and how his crimes drove Bruce to still be Batman. This is another example of how Snyder don't understand these characters.

I didn't like the scene, but let's be real. The Joker didn't want to sexually grope Batman. He was making an inappropriate joke...like The Joker often does.

In B89, when The Joker says "This town needs an enema", did you think that The Joker actually wanted to insert liquid into the rectum of each Gotham citizen to clean and empty their bowels?

I didn't like the scene, but let's be real. The Joker didn't want to sexually grope Batman. He was making an inappropriate joke...like The Joker often does.

In B89, when The Joker says "This town needs an enema", did you think that The Joker actually wanted to insert liquid into the rectum of each Gotham citizen to clean and empty their bowels?

I actually wouldn't be surprised if this was Leto's way of paying homage to AA:ASHoSE, especially with him having sought out the author's advice in his portrayal of the character. That's what it reminded me of, anyway.

Fair enough, I just think it's an out of character line for Joker to say. But I've always been bothered by the stupid one percent/Martha scenes too.

This. It's a metaphor. He's just saying "Who would make your life worth living and keep it interesting?".

These movies seem to have been rather influential in Joker's life by the time it comes to Knightmare:

91dAnpFop5L._SY445_.jpg

i would love to see Knightmare movie if Superman don't go evil.

This. It's a metaphor. He's just saying "Who would make your life worth living and keep it interesting?".

Yes, the Joker feeds into Batman's ego. That's what he was referring to. The whole "I'm your best friend".

I find the idea that someone wants to use a being as powerful as Superman for their own purposes interesing.

Plus, Knightmare Mad Max, where much weaker heroes have to hide from someone all-powerful, is incredibly exciting.

In the end, Superman will come back and save the world, so why not?

If Geroge Lucas were to create the original Star Wars today, he would first have to do solo movies about Obi-Wan, Anakin, Yoda, a separate trilogy for Clone Wars, etc.

Same thing with Lord of the Rings.
Who is Aragorn? Why didn't we get a trilogy about him?
Gandalf dies in the first film only to return in the next? He should get the trilogy first.

I miss the pre-Marvel approach to filmmaking.

Smeagol turned out to be good, only to return to be bad at the end of the movie. It happened in one movie in his second appearance.

I honestly thought this scene was unintentionally goofy and kind of hilarious. I like it, but I never thought I’d see the day that Joker tells Batman that he’ll give him a “reach around.” Strange scene, and awkwardly shot and written but I had fun with it.
Reach around reminded me of Joker's depiction in a Serious House on Serious Earth so it worked for me. It's actually a side of Joker that I've always wanted to see in live action in that he'll use anything, from murder to sexual deviance, to get in Bruce's head.

Leto's portrayal seems to be evolving and changing which is another aspect of Joker in the comics so the Knightmare scene left me desperate to see more. I really think that guy could do something special if given the chance.

If Geroge Lucas were to create the original Star Wars today, he would first have to do solo movies about Obi-Wan, Anakin, Yoda, a separate trilogy for Clone Wars, etc.

Gandalf dies in the first film only to return in the next? He should get the trilogy first.

Ironically Guardians is the one film in recent memory that didnt see a bunch of character setups. Maybe it helped by the fact the GA didnt know a lot about this side of the MCU.

Reach around reminded me of Joker's depiction in a Serious House on Serious Earth so it worked for me. It's actually a side of Joker that I've always wanted to see in live action in that he'll use anything, from murder to sexual deviance, to get in Bruce's head.

Leto's portrayal seems to be evolving and changing which is another aspect of Joker in the comics so the Knightmare scene left me desperate to see more. I really think that guy could do something special if given the chance.

Yep. I said as much the other day. Symbolism notwithstanding, that's where the phrasing comes from. It's very Morrison-esque.

Last edited:

Super Hero All Star Teams like JL and Avengers require set up that space operas, fantasy flicks and even other superhero groupings like Guardians, Suicide Squad and X-Men don't. Just like in the comics, it is more impactful to get to know our All Stars prior to seeing them meet up on the big screen and/or streaming service.

Zack talking about the different takes of the Knightmare scene

Was there any info revealed on how diana died in the knightmare timeline?

Wonderwoman dies with Amazons still alive I see, then Aquaman whom we see die (Mera still around of course), then Lois whom Superman's cradling, then Batman whom we can assume died after his encounter with anti-life Supes in BvS with Supes holding Batman's mask up in Ray's vision.

At some point, the League is having a last supper moment when attacked by Anti-Life supes (I assume this moment is what we see start in the Justice League nightmare sequence with everyone here dying except Flash and Batman who escape) but I could be wrong on this. At what point the Flash goes back in time and what dead characters return I think can be pieced together from the recent interviews. I'll have to look more carefully but there's definitely a planned sequence to everything it seems.

Last edited:
I think every time they encounter Superman, everyone tries to stop him while Flash travels back in time enough to warn them and thus prevent a fight.

So no matter if we saw Batman's death or that Superman found them, each time Flash goes back in time to prevent this from happening, he creates alternative timelines to keep trying to undo everything with Batman and the rest of the team.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"