BvS Knightmare Scene/Cameo Spoiler

It might have been perceived better if Bruce had some dialogue about the vision at the funeral scene with Diana, when she asked him how he knew that the other Metahumans would come together.

That was amissed opportunity, as it was already implied in that scene that that was why Bruce wanted to form the JL.

Ok, so Bruce had this weird nightmare where Superman has destroyed the whole world. It kinda makes sense: he's getting really paranoid about Superman. Ok, it's weird but I get it.

Then the Flash shows up and it makes absolutely no sense, imo. They never touch the subject again; that part of Bruce's dream is not relevant at all to the story. It never pays off and it's never explained... but the scene is there, in the movie, acting like it's relevant.

I feel the same way about the [BLACKOUT]JL scene[/BLACKOUT]. It's easter egg material, but they made a 4min scene out of it.

How is it not relevent? The Flash clearly states to Bruce "You have to find us".... i.e. The metahumans.

It might have been perceived better if Bruce had some dialogue about the vision at the funeral scene with Diana, when she asked him how he knew that the other Metahumans would come together.

That was amissed opportunity, as it was already implied in that scene that that was why Bruce wanted to form the JL.

No doubt. I can't understand it either.

The Flash cameo would have been a better scene if A) It wasn't a dream. Bruce dreaming of Barry Allen who he has never met or even heard of at this point giving him a warning makes no sense. B) Barry came all the way through the vortex. Even if it didn't completely close off and he couldn't stay long. Just getting a full shot of him so people knew who it was would have been fun.

Anyone have any ideas as to what The Flash meant when he said, "Am I too soon? I'm too soon!"

I loved the nightmare sequence itself, but I agree with some that it seems out of place.

By the way, how slow is the Bat-computer? It took so long to decrypt the data that Bruce fell asleep!

Anyone have any ideas as to what The Flash meant when he said, "Am I too soon? I'm too soon!"

Well, Bruce's opinion of Superman (at that point) is that Superman is evil, so Flash's message is misinterpreted? I'm not sure what he could be alluding to though as I haven't read many JL comics. Really looking forward to seeing more of Miller's Flash.

Right now, this is what I think:

-The Knightmare scene is Bruce dreaming, but Flash's appearance is not a dream.

-Bruce is woken up from the "knightmare" from Flash's time-travel appearance.

-Bruce was decrypting the data he stole from Lex in the Batcave. He falls asleep waiting for it to decrypt. That's when he has the Knightmare.

-He is awakened soon after (in the Batcave) when Flash appears . When Flash disappears we see that he is still in the Batcave (with papers flying around.)

-Flash saying "Your were right about him! Fear him!" sounds like it is about Superman. BUT it could be about Lex.

-It could only sound like it is about Superman because it comes right after Superman appears in Bruce's knightmare as evil and talking about how "She was my world and you took her from me."

-Superman being evil in the future in Bruce's dream is either:

-a vision or paranoia of a possible future (though how does Bruce dream of Darkseid?)

-Darkseid's influence on Bruce's mind.

-Darkseid's mind control of Superman in the future.

-As suggested before, an alternate timeline caused by Flash's messing with time travel or the possible future delivered by Flash.

More questions:

-Why would Batman/Bruce do anything to Lois.

-Will Superman really turn rogue, or is that what the baddies want you to think?

-I'm getting annoyed thinking anymore about this

Last edited:
I do hope at least one city gets wasted like in the knightmare when Darkseid arrives. Lets you know he is for real. You have much worse things to worry about then some frog soldiers coming out of a portal on flying scooters

More questions:

-Why would Batman/Bruce do anything to Lois.

-Will Superman really turn rogue, or is that what the baddies want you to think?

-I'm getting annoyed thinking anymore about this

My brother's theory is that the Joker will use Scarecrow's fear toxin on Batman. Batman then kills Lois thinking she is a monster.

But my opinion is that in a future timeline Lois Lane dies and Superman goes rogue because of it. Justice League Part 1 will end with Batman having to save Lois Lane's life in order to prevent the future the Flash is warning him about.

People claiming this scene would be confusing to general audiences are just being really insulting.

It's not insulting if someone is confused by something confusing.

My niece who I'd say is pretty GA, was confused. She initially thought the parademons were a manifestation of Batman's paranoia, that they were monstrous bats that had 'turned against him'. But she also said that they didn't really look like bats so were they generic monsters or were they supposed to mean something?

So she was confused. And the movie did nothing to lessen that confusion.

Unless you mean the Flash scene. Which confused everyone in my party except me who'd read about it here on SHH. So that would be a big-arse fail.

But my opinion is that in a future timeline Lois Lane dies and Superman goes rogue because of it. Justice League Part 1 will end with Batman having to save Lois Lane's life in order to prevent the future the Flash is warning him about.

Perhaps Lex tries to murder Lois and make it look like Bruce was responsible for it? (Which would be similar to what Lex did in BvS but instead of making Superman look guilty, he makes Batman look guilty.)

-The Knightmare scene is Bruce dreaming, but Flash's appearance is not a dream.

-Bruce is woken up from the "knightmare" from Flash's time-travel appearance.

Actually Bruce wakes up twice. The first time from the Knightmare, clutching his chest and then a second time after The Flash appeared to him. That's what makes it so confusing.

This scene was pretty much the equivalent of the Cave Scene in AoU, except that was much more coherent. It adds context to the vision Thor had earlier, and yes does set up hints for the future like this scene does, but in AoU you already have a few pieces of the puzzle to work with.

When this scene rolls around it is totally out of left field. I didn't even realize that the new character that pops up out of nowhere was supposed to be the flash, he looked unrecognizable. But it is a neat cameo, and the write up in the OP is an interesting read. I didn't care for the near constant dream sequences though, far too many, and the dream within a dream for this bit was a poor choice.

I think someone appearing from the future with no one else being able to explain it is a great piece of filmmaking. Like, how would they explain that in the movie? It needs an explanation just because that's what people expect? I like that it has it's own thread getting people to think. If this really happened, you would, just like in this scene say "WTF?"

I brought my family (parents, uncle, aunt, cousins) to my second viewing, and they all recognized that as Flash, albeit a fairly different take on him. All I had to explain was to my parents about why he looked so different; "It's the Flash from an apocalyptic future," and that quickly answered that.

Ironically, a buddy of mine who reads comics infrequently, and is a big fan, didn't recognize him as the Flash. "I thought he was some kind of Time Master or something," lol, thanks 'Legends of Tomorrow'. :whatever:

They couldve just used this scene as an opening for JL or something. It was definitely randomly thrown in there

It would've made more sense for flash to appear first then Bruce passes out due to the timeline being effected and he has the vision.

Obviously at some point Flash knows that Supes, Batman and he all become friends; by his question Flash doesn't know if this has occurred yet, so he basically asking if his warning makes sense at the point in time he's delivering the message. To Bruce, it obviously doesn't as Bruce has no clue who he is, or what the heck he's talking about, so it is 'too soon'....

They couldve just used this scene as an opening for JL or something. It was definitely randomly thrown in there

It would've made more sense for flash to appear first then Bruce passes out due to the timeline being effected and he has the vision.

This. :up:

Funny how writers who get paid thousands of dollars can't figure these things out better, but we can..for free.....

Last edited:
Whether the post-apocolypic future was a dream/premonition/vision or a time jump/flash forward, one thing is for sure -- the Flash appearance happened in real life and in the present reality.

When Bruce jolts to attention the second time (this time after the visit from The Flash), there are papers seen in the background blowing and falling to the ground. They are still reacting to the cloud of light and energy from when Barry entered the timeline.

If Bruce was dreaming, the papers would not have moved or kicked up unless they were acted on by a physical force (i.e. Barry).

-R

Whether the post-apocolypic future was a dream/premonition/vision or a time jump/flash forward, one thing is for sure -- the Flash appearance happened in real life and in the present reality.

When Bruce jolts to attention the second time (this time after the visit from The Flash), there are papers seen in the background blowing and falling to the ground. They are still reacting to the cloud of light and energy from when Barry entered the timeline.

If Bruce was dreaming, the papers would not have moved or kicked up unless they were acted on by a physical force (i.e. Barry).

YES. Everything you stated is correct. Barry was not a dream; he traveled through time using the Speed Force to warn Bruce. In fact, some people are speculating that the Knightmare sequence is not a dream at all, but a vision brought on by Barry's Speed Force powers.

It would have helped if 1... You could understand what the "Flash" is saying. The way he spoke/shouted made if really hard to hear exactly what he was saying. 2... If he looked ANY-thing like the Flash. Yes, he had a red colored something. But thats about it.

It would have helped if 1... You could understand what the "Flash" is saying. The way he spoke/shouted made if really hard to hear exactly what he was saying. 2... If he looked ANY-thing like the Flash. Yes, he had a red colored something. But thats about it.

I think thats exactly what they were going for. Its so out of left field, so shocking, so hard to digest. That how we feel is how Bruce felt. Thats why I had no problem with the Knightmare scene being first because it just further prompts Bruce to think Superman must be destroyed. However, Bruce misinterpreted what exactly happened and took it as he was talking about Superman instead of Darkseid.

When I watched this for the first time I was freaking out because it was straight from Injustice :woot:

tumblr_o4qidgba2Q1qkjua6o1_500.gif

tumblr_o4qidgba2Q1qkjua6o2_500.jpg

tumblr_o4qidgba2Q1qkjua6o3_500.gif

“You loved having him around, your constant nemesis.
The two of you played your stupid game and people died
Why didn’t you stop him?!
Why did you let him do this to me, Bruce?!”

“You can’t possibly understand what he took. He stole the life Lois and I would have had together“

“She was my world
and you took her away from me!”

- Injustice Gods Among Us / BatmanVSuperman: Dawn Of Justice

At this point I'm still optimistic they're not gonna go the full Injustice route, seeing Superman as a villain in the JL2 film with Batman as the hero who saves the world from him would be the absolut death of the character. I know Snyder makes bad choices but seeing this happening is almost beyond belief, or at least I'd like to think so.

He can't do that, right?

RIGHT?:csad:

It's a really fun scene, but it should've been post-credit.

can't be post credit with Superman dead and then showing him murdering in the knightmare scene

This scene felt out of place during the movie. I had no idea it that was supposed to be Flash in a time travel sequence until now......

yeah they went full ''fan only'' on this one and the flash. At least now you know that DC is not playing the same cards as Marvel when doing movies; they're going more fan service it seems. Prepare yourselves for Suicide Squad when the next trailers lands!

The whole scene had no place in the film, it was only kept for fancy visuals and nothing else. They should have wiped it and used the aloted time to add more weight to some other key scenes in the film

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"