• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Lessons Learned with TASM2

Amazing 3 is going to have to be a dark movie through out though... Especially if it's dealing with Pete's recovery.

Well,the film gave him 5 months to heal.I think it'll be something that haunts him,but it would be taking a giant step back from the ending of the last film if Peter was overly morose throughout the next film.

It's too late for the lesson but don't try to copy the cheese of the Raimi movies with the hopes of winning back his audience.

If you start with a darker and grounded series, stick to your guns and take it all the way.

I think Sony wanted to have the moody teenage angst of Twilight or a CW drama, while having more grounded elements of the Nolan Trilogy. However , its a bit problematic when your villain is a Lizard creature with a Welsh accent.

With the second one, they wanted a Raimi/Schumacer/ Whedon fusion of a lighter superhero film with a world building overtones. Meanwhile , the script was a blend of John Hughes like 80s teen dramas like Say Anything and the tragedy of On Her Majesty's Secret Service. The result being a film which is all over the place tone wise.

Cool,then i won't see your whining for a very very long time.

I am permanent fixture here because you like reading all my posts...so I will continue to give them to you. ASM2 is the worst rated and lowest box office yielding Spider-Man movie ever. Fanboys need to start a Hope and Change campaign.

q2tsat6

ASM3 will be the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am permanent fixture here because you like reading all my posts...so I will continue to give them to you. ASM2 is the worst rated and lowest box office yielding Spider-Man movie ever. Fanboys need to start a Hope and Change campaign.

q2tsat6

The grim/dark "grounded" approach doesn't work with Spidey.If it had been this resounding success that people think it was,it would've made a heck of a lot more than it did and Sony wouldn't have been altering the tone (for the better) for this movie.

I guess if Sony learned anything,it's you can't have even a moment of weakness in these films,otherwise it negates all the positives you've done.

Dark and grounded could've worked for a trilogy or quadrilogy.

ASM1 = Lizard and Kraven (PG-13 horror/thriller)
ASM2 = Mysterio and Chameleon (mind-bending story)
ASM3 = Masked Green Goblin kills Gwen Stacy (tragedy that fully develops GG)
ASM4 = Venom and Carnage (PG-13 horror/sci-fi)

If those were done with good execution, they could've been wildly successful.

The problem with the reboot series isn't that it's grounded, it's that it's uneven with silly villains and drama that doesn't compel most people.

q2tsat6

You mean how most Raimi fans are 100% certain his SM4 would've been a masterpiece. :cwink:

I am permanent fixture here because you like reading all my posts...so I will continue to give them to you.

249800.gif

You don't Ike the movie or the franchise, won't like the next one, I'm curious why bother posting about something you have no like in or desire to continue watching?

I for instances didn't like Iron Man 3 and am not interested in Godzilla so I don't post there.

Don't mean to imply you don't have a right to post, just curious over why.

Last edited:
Spidey is lighter fare more often than not.There are stories that go a little darker,but Spidey's default status is not grim.

And you can't really play upon the character being "grounded" when he has villains like Scorpion,Lizard,Electro,etc.

All of this is something Fox will find out with their new FF reboot.(though,I'm willing to guess they will blame it's failure on fanboys not being able to accept MBJ as HT)

Lessons Learned with TASM2 ?

Let me see ... yeah, that one would work I guess:

840856fullretard.jpg

All of this is something Fox will find out with their new FF reboot.(though,I'm willing to guess they will blame it's failure on fanboys not being able to accept MBJ as HT)

They did lighter fare, people didn't respond to it.

Venom, Carnage, Lizard and Kraven have darker Spider-man stories.

The reboot was an opportunity to explore them.

Sony suddenly adding the cheesy elements is where the series went off the cliff completely.

I think they did that over the complaints of ASM being too grim.

People didn't want it grim they wanted it light, so they made it light but people didn't want it too light so...

Quite a few lessons to be learned.

Not sure if lessons will be learned, however.

You don't Ike the movie or the franchise, won't like the next one, I'm curious why bother posting about something you have no like in or desire to continue watching?

I for instances didn't like Iron Man 3 and am not interested in Godzilla so I don't post there.

Don't mean to imply you don't have a right to post, just curious over why.

Because I am a fan of Spider-Man and he deserves better than this. The creative team reads these boards.

I pity them if they do.

These boards are a foaming mass of insanity.

the main complaint with these movies seems to be that Sony is to blame for all the lame things in these movies, but it's Webb who signed on cartoony Max Dillon, which is super strange concidering he made such a big statement about what nerds are today in modern society and how super cool Peter Parker is justified

Peter should be dorkier imo, and it's not that Andrew doesn't have the dorky qualities in him, but they just have to be emphasized
something like this would've worked much better
andrew-garfield-3.jpg

flat composed hair, subtle but does the trick. it even kinda brings a more kiddish side out of him which helps to keep the illusion that he's in high school.

They finally get Peter right and you want them to go back to making him a dork? LOL.

Peter started as a dork in the comics, but when he became Spider-man he broke out of his shell and became a more assertive and talkative guy. The new films understand this about the character.

My biggest problem with Raimi's films were that they never evolved Peter like the comcis did. Webbs films did this perfectly.

PS. Current Peter does not have flat composed hair in the comics. They actually modeled Andrew's hair after Peter's current hairdew in the comics.

F3tEjhi.jpg

Last edited:
Because I am a fan of Spider-Man and he deserves better than this. The creative team reads these boards.
I don't know how many times that question will get asked, but I don't think that the people who ask it are interested in a sincere answer at all. It's essentially a veiled way of saying "GTFO you don't belong here".

Spidey is lighter fare more often than not.There are stories that go a little darker,but Spidey's default status is not grim.
Agreed. I thought TASM was ok, but I think it would be a shame if they went back to that style. I greatly preferred TASM2’s brighter palette and form of humour. SM2 is still the best overall film, but they really nailed his wisecracking personality here.

They finally get Peter right and you want them to go back to making him a dork? LOL.

Peter started as a dork in the comics, but when he became Spider-man he broke out of his shell and became a more assertive and talkative guy. The new films understand this about the character.

My biggest problem with Raimi's films were that they never evolved Peter like the comcis did. Webbs films did this perfectly.

Perfectly? Ok. :dry:

Sounds like a dash of hyperbole mixed in with quite a bit of revisionist history if you ask me.

My biggest problem with Peter in the Webb series is 1)he was a dick in the first movie and 2)he was an idiot in this movie.

Exactly. I'm sick and tired of this studios failure the last seven years. When Sony is done with the character he won't be worth a cup of coffee.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"