Lounge of Themyscira

Gal in Wreck It Ralph 2.

Dnf-SEPU4AAh843.jpg:large

Is this a place where can can talk about random things?

Guess whose name pop up in recent reviews of captain marvel trailer?
Gal Gadot!
Some people compare facial expression, face acting and screen presence of both actors.
I'm so glad WW came out before CM.

I think it's unnecessary to bring Gal (or WW movie) while discussing Captain Marvel movie, we all know that Brie Larson is a good actress and Marvel Studios can make very entertaining movies that appeal to masses, so it will be successful. The comparisons only serve to divide fan community into camps. which is why I avoid such discussions. I wish both movies success.

But yes, It's a good thing that WW was released before Captain Marvel.

I think it's disgusting to pit these two against each other, but I expected nothing else from fanboys

People need to stop pitting women against each other.
Besides the people using Gal to mock and disparage Brie are the same ones you were attacking Gal a few years ago. It's just that they found a new female target.

Last edited:
Agreed and It's not a competition either as both movies are (Captain Marvel, 6 th March) are 8 releasing months apart from each other (WW84, 1 st November). So, there's no reason whatsoever to to pit them against each other.

Interestingly, Fox's Dark Phoenix is releasing closer (14 th Feb) to Captain Marvel's release date, whose main lead is played by Sophie Turner but nobody discusses that movie while talking about Captain Marvel movie.

Even tho i kinda agree with some criticism toward brie larson, but i feel sorry for her.
It's kinda unfair, its just first trailer, movie not even released yet but they make it sounds like larson will bring the movie down.
Larson is proven actress, the responsible also falls in the director and those who cut the trailer, rite?

I remember a person said gadot wont be able to carry her own movie and surely not a franchise judged only by her physical and experience,
But now gadot is the only actor playing dceu superhero given a sequel, not cavill, not affleck, at least maybe not yet.

Interestingly, Fox's Dark Phoenix is releasing closer (14 th Feb) to Captain Marvel's release date, whose main lead is played by Sophie Turner but nobody discusses that movie while talking about Captain Marvel movie.

Nobody talks about Dark Pheonix because every sane person on this planet knows that the movie is going to be a dumpster fire.

Cover Girls Wonder Woman statue designed by Joelle Jones, using Rebirth costume design:

Even tho i kinda agree with some criticism toward brie larson, but i feel sorry for her.
It's kinda unfair, its just first trailer, movie not even released yet but they make it sounds like larson will bring the movie down.
Larson is proven actress, the responsible also falls in the director and those who cut the trailer, rite?

I remember a person said gadot wont be able to carry her own movie and surely not a franchise judged only by her physical and experience,
But now gadot is the only actor playing dceu superhero given a sequel, not cavill, not affleck, at least maybe not yet.

Because of the way it is successfully tied to all the Marvel movies, especially the upcoming Avengers 4, I think Captain Marvel kind of has a cushion, in that it is part of a larger story (that works, and audiences love) so even if the movie is flawed then it could still work as part of a larger whole. It could still be a fun movie though.

I don't think it's necessary to compare it to the WW movie. Again, general audiences will probably end up liking both.

If I had to compare I would say that the WW movie was kind of drifting on its own amidst the whole DCEU debacle. :oldrazz: So it kind of had more odds stacked against it and a lot more to prove!

Hope Aquaman and Shazam ! are well received and do well at Box office, which takes-off some pressure off from WW84.

Even then, WW84 receives no benefit by being part of DCEU. Other MCU movies (like Captain Marvel) have the advantage of being as part of successful movie-verse and tied to larger story they are telling in Infinity War.

These are very different.

Superman
Batman-v-Superman.jpg

Wonder Woman
gal_gadot_-_funniest_bloopers_9375216169.jpg

The 2 directors have very different approaches from the heroes to the people they saved.

Upcoming animated movie:

tumblr_pdfq96DE8g1qkchcvo3_640.jpg

Upcoming Black Label books:

"Wonder Woman: Diana’s Daughter (working title) from Greg Rucka

It’s been 20 years since the world stopped looking to the skies for hope, help, and inspiration. Now the world keeps its eyes down, and the powers that have risen have every intention of keeping things that way. Amongst a scattered, broken resistance, a young woman seeks to reclaim what has been forgotten, and on the way will learn the truth about herself, her heritage, and her destiny.

Wonder Woman Historia: The Amazons from Kelly Sue DeConnick, Phil Jimenez and Romulo Fajardo Jr

A Homeric epic of the lost history of the Amazons and Queen Hippolyta’s rise to power. Featuring monsters and myths, this three-book saga spans history from the creation of the Amazons to the moment Steve Trevor washes up on the shores of Paradise Island, changing our world forever."

tumblr_p7j63fnM911qkchcvo2_1280.jpg

Upcoming animated movie:

tumblr_pdfq96DE8g1qkchcvo3_640.jpg

Upcoming Black Label books:

"Wonder Woman: Diana’s Daughter (working title) from Greg Rucka

It’s been 20 years since the world stopped looking to the skies for hope, help, and inspiration. Now the world keeps its eyes down, and the powers that have risen have every intention of keeping things that way. Amongst a scattered, broken resistance, a young woman seeks to reclaim what has been forgotten, and on the way will learn the truth about herself, her heritage, and her destiny.

Wonder Woman Historia: The Amazons from Kelly Sue DeConnick, Phil Jimenez and Romulo Fajardo Jr

A Homeric epic of the lost history of the Amazons and Queen Hippolyta’s rise to power. Featuring monsters and myths, this three-book saga spans history from the creation of the Amazons to the moment Steve Trevor washes up on the shores of Paradise Island, changing our world forever."

tumblr_p7j63fnM911qkchcvo2_1280.jpg
This sounds right up my street. :up:

Popping in to say that I'm so ready for a God of War (2018)-style Wonder Woman game. Had so much fun with Batman's Arkham games, though I think the GoW style would be more suitable for WW. Sadly just a pipe dream though :csad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"