Sony Spin-Off Madame Web spin-off in the works

This is going to be the new Elektra and Catwoman if its as bad as Morbius.

I saw a post from X. The poster said they miss 2000s superhero movies and the post shows a pic of F4 2005, Hulk 2003, Ghost Rider 2007 and the Spider-Man of Madame Web.

:rofl:

Am I the only one that thought this actually looked pretty good ... ? :fog: :seenoevil: lol

Parts of this definitely looked CW-ish, particularly the standing around teen girl squad scenes. But imo it at least looks like something different (compared to everything else we've been getting the last few years), and to me definitely had some things that look pretty interesting

I definitely don't expect this to be amazing or great or anything, but I actually rewatched the trailer a few times when I first saw it, and found it a lot more interesting than I ever expected to. Seems like it has potential at least :nrv: (poor acting/line delivery I'm hoping comes down to trailer editing, which does actually happen quite a bit, and ends up coming off much better in the actual film)

I know I shouldn't be surprised at this point, but I truly do not get the hate here. It looks fine! Talented cast, suits look awesome, and the way they're playing with Webb's premonition powers seems very cool and unique so far.

I'm certainly more interested in this than Kraven.

Yeah I feel the same way, haha. I actually thought it looked pretty cool (minus 1 or 2 scenes/lines here and there). But definitely overall way better than anything I expected. It looks relatively interesting, new, and different. Though I understand everyone's pessimism and less than optimistic outlook lol

Cancel this stupid, dumb idea.

Like if you wanted to make a Spider-centric hero story there are multiple better options. Madame Web is one of the dumbest.

Why not make an Aunt May/Trouble movie as well?
When Madam Web was first introduced, I thought that she might secretly be, AUNT MAY!

Last edited:
bK3YV2B.gif

J4aUHTL.gif

I love those two gifs. Please be good and enjoyable and give us a reason to root for Sony again.

I'll stand with what I've said before, no matter how bad some of the recent Sony movies might have been I still think Spider Man is in better hands than if solely with Marvel/MCU.

Last edited:
I think this would a lot better if they just used a different color grading.

I am weirdly looking forward to this movie. I say weirdly because I don't think the trailer was very good, I am pretty much assuming it's not going to be well reviewed and I don't generally have a particular interest in Sony's attempts to build a live action Spiderverse outside of thinking the first Venom was mildly entertaining.

Perhaps it's because I like a lot of the cast in other projects, but I hope this is at least a guilty pleasure.

You're right, it needs more gray and bland. :o
A color grading like most Mcu films won't look cheap as this. And that color grading is definitely better than this one has. This film looked like a direct to Blu ray movie.

Yea it's a bit of a weird choice as far as posters go. Like if you knew nothing about the movie, the comics and hadn't seen the trailer, what would you make of that poster lol?

Yea it's a bit of a weird choice as far as posters go. Like if you knew nothing about the movie, the comics and hadn't seen the trailer, what would you make of that poster lol?

Yeah. The character is unknown to GA and this does nothing to try and sell the movie. The trailer plays down it's relation to the SSU - and they've got Mary Parker and Uncle Ben FFS - and so far they haven't even tried to come up with a hook. Granted that's probably because Sony is expecting it to bomb so no one is putting any effort in but if you're going to bother releasing it you might as well try to do more than put some webbing on a random headshot of the star.

I was reading a Variety article from 2020 and it mentioned that the studio was interested in actresses like Charlize Theron and Amy Adams for this. :suprise: DJ can be good as is somewhat recognisable but I wonder how far down their lists they went. However the cast *is* pretty good for the mess this will likely end up being, so they should make use of that. But doubt they will.

Last edited:
New poster

Fairly bland poster, kind of just looks like Dakota Johnson's headshot. I've seen worse but this is probably not going to encourage anyone who doesn't already want to see it.
is this second version of the poster...
... official? or a fan edit?

it is a little better and tells more of what is about

It seems to be official as it comes from Marvel Entertainment. It is better. At least you can see who they mean when they say "Her web connects them all" and it's not some random statement.

It's interesting that they have all their eventual spidey suits above each woman, although I had to look closely to notice that. It still doesn't really give off any strong vibe as to what this film is about but it's preferable to the 1st one.

Still most CBM posters aren't exactly brilliant and often have more to do with contract negotiations about size and placement of certain actors than anything artistic.

I had completely forgotten this film existed until a few days ago and now I'm invested in it, even though (or because) everyone (including me) expects it to be more than DOA in terms of BO and reviews. But it's refreshing to be anticipating a film and yet have zero expectations for it.

They shouldn't be hiding the costumed Spider-People in that group poster.

I'm sure these posters look better in person. But they don't like a poster for an action movie that is related to Spider-Man/Venom. They look a bit cheap. Something avant garde or stylish would probably attract more to be intrigued to the movie.

''My New Year's wish is for you all to see Madame Web''... oh God.

If only they could release this and Kraven back to back, neXt month. This cinematic universe is a lost cause.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davutha
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"