Sony Spin-Off Madame Web spin-off in the works

Already been said but this is giving me Morbius vibes. :dry: I wonder if people still want a new Spider-Man movie with Andrew Garfield by Sony after seeing this...

You just know this movie is a gift for all the people making videos complaining about "woke Hollywood" with all those Spider-Women. They now have new content for months.

Also how are you ever going to introduce Miles and Gwen when you already have 6 other Spider-People running around? Makes it seem like there's nothing special about it.

Last edited:
I thought it looked spooky or maybe creepy is a better word and I was hooked until the look she didn't see that coming line. At that point if felt like look we got the jokes, yuck yuck yuck. I did think the villain's suit looked CWish from the first shot were you see it.

Well.. this doesn't look as terrible as i thought it would be. But it doesn't look that good either.
It looks watchable at least, and we get Sydney Sweeney as Julia Carpenter so there's that.
It definitely wont break any box office numbers that's for sure.

IIRC they don't have the rights to 616 Jessica at least because she technically isn't connected to Spider-man.

Actually, they do. Olivia Wilde was working on a Jessica Drew movie for Sony. Interestingly, Marvel can use the character as well but they can't call her Spider-Woman or have her in the costume.

This looks like trash. The action choreography is terrible and the camera moves are a poor attempt to make the scenes interesting. Star Trek dodged a bullet when she left to do this.

This looks like trash. The action choreography is terrible and the camera moves are a poor attempt to make the scenes interesting. Star Trek dodged a bullet when she left to do this.

Yeah, this looks worse than anything we've seen from Sony's Spider-Man spinoffs so far.

Yeah, this looks worse than anything we've seen from Sony's Spider-Man spinoffs so far.
I still haven't seen Morbius, but at least that had Matt Smith. I don't see any potential bright spots here.

It looks like it might be lightly based on the Spider-Woman series from 1999-2000. Madame Web leads a trio of Spider-Women. This Madame Web looks like a combo of Julia Carpenter and Cassandra Web. I’ll check it out because I’m always curious but it being linked to Sony and Morbius isn’t a good start.

I wonder if they are saving the Madame Web look for the climaX.

She can't be just running there wearing street clothes, especially with the other four on costumes?

:sps:

I for one thought this looks more interesting than Morbius or Kraven the Hunter.

So Emma Roberts is playing a pregnant Mary Parker and they're trying to protect her.

And I'm sure that's gonna be the "twist". They'll only refer to her as "Mary" and the group assume she herself will become a Spider-person because the bad guy is trying to kill her. At the very end of the movie we see her giving birth "Here's he is, my little Peter. Peter Benjamin Parker".

I for one thought this looks more interesting than Morbius or Kraven the Hunter.

And I'm sure that's gonna be the "twist". They'll only refer to her as "Mary" and the group assume she herself will become a Spider-person because the bad guy is trying to kill her. At the very end of the movie we see her giving birth "Here's he is, my little Peter. Peter Benjamin Parker".
The twist is she gives birth at the hospital where Dr. Michael Morbius works, and we see a kid named Eddie Brock at the hallway.

:sps:

Though I don't know how Kraven the Hunter entangles into this web of madness.

Ha this looks a bit naff. But maybe fun as a sleepover movie

Madame Webb always seemed to me like she'd play out better in a spider-verse recruit Pete sort of movie.

Dakota Johnson's acting skills were definitely not on show during the trailer. She was really flat. The rest of the trailer seemed very fan film-ish.

Not the spectacle that would be expected in this sort of character's appearance.

I choose to believe this Calvin Klein ad in the background is actually a "Back to the Future" reference.. hitting at the time travel high-jinx to come...
1700162968274.png
1700162777807.png
lol

:ninja:

I don’t see this being successful, based off of the initial trailer reactions. It seems DOA the same way The Marvels was

I mean, it will also cost much, much less than The Marvels. So, success is relative.

I only know Madame Web from the 90's cartoon. She wasn't even a that big of a character, she also had a different look. I think she would have been good in a Spider-Man movie but NOT as a lead. No real interest in the coming up of the character.

Madame Web is usually an old sage who can manipulate time and gives Spider-Man **** and would be used in a mulitverse type story (its interesting that we've had two animated multiverse movies and one live action one in the MCU and this character wasn't used in any of them), but instead we get Dakota Johnson playing an EMT who wouldn't feel out of place in a Final Destination movie. The entire movie feels like a Final Destination movie with some weird shots of people in Spider-Man suits thrown in. The superhero elements literally feel tacked onto what looks like a Platinum Dunes horror movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joelschmole
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"