• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Man From U.N.C.L.E movie - Part 1

Oh I expect this to be good.

Im just not sure about the money. I don't feel or hear any type of buzz for this

Sadly, I agree with Blackman. Doesn't seem to be any attention or hype for this. Which is unfortunate, it looks great.

I feel like I post this in every thread invovling Armie Hammer. I feel bad for the guy career wise.

Personally he was my top choice for Superman. But alright he didn't get that. But he's making all the right moves and all the wrong ones at the same time.

HAving a meaty supporting role in a likely Oscar contender (J. Edgar)? Check.
Supporting role in a fun family film (Mirror Mirror) Check.
Co starring with Johnny Depp in a movie from the same people who made a billion dollar film franchise (Lone Ranger)? Check

But none of them have worked out for him. I mean he's a good actor and he's the tall, deep voice, square jawed, all American type guy but guy cant catch a break.
I hope that Nat Turner movie works out for him

Now that I think about it, Hammer wouldn't be a bad Hal. I am personally a fan of his, and have been since Reaper, and I think he has been great in everything I have seen him in. Especially the Lone Ranger, a film I greatly enjoy.

He'd be good for a lot of heroes. A lot of them are already cast but Superman, Aquaman, Cyclops, Captain America, Thor I think he could've pulled all of them off.

He would make a good Hal. I wouldn't mind that at all

Yeah...still don't like Hammer. No thanks to him as Hal (or any of my favorite superheroes). He can go join the X-Men or something because I'm pretty sure my interest in that franchise is waning, lol.

Yeah...still don't like Hammer. No thanks to him as Hal (or any of my favorite superheroes). He can go join the X-Men or something because I'm pretty sure my interest in that franchise is waning, lol.
Thank you for so casually crapping on my dream FC. :o

:funny:

30RockThereThere_zpsmh8i7gjq.gif

:oldrazz:

Agreed. He'd be a terrible Prince Hal.

Hammer was good in J. Edgar. I don't have much other experience of him.

I think this film could make a decent amount of money if it gets good word of mouth.

Does anybody know what Kingsman was tracking like before it opened?

The tracking was spot-on for Kingsman. I think it was tracked for a $35million opening weekend, and ended up with $36.2mil.

The tracking was spot-on for Kingsman. I think it was tracked for a $35million opening weekend, and ended up with $36.2mil.

Ah... Shame it UNCLE matches it's tracking then. Thing is, I think I saw the trailers more often than not when I went to theaters this year.

Well Kingsman made enough for a sequel, so I don't see how that's a bad thing.

Well Kingsman had great legs, too. If UNCLE does merely match tracking (which right now is only at $20mil), it could still make up for it with some positive WOM. It also has a slightly smaller budget than Kingsman, I believe.

Uncle may be helped if F4 implodes, too, as it will likely not have good legs (to put it gently) and MI will already have been out for a couple of weeks. If Uncle gets good reviews/WOM it could surprise.

But UNCLE has Straight Outta Compton to compete with. Which, as of now has good reviews, and I know it has some steady buzz. I do think SoC will be front loaded though

I saw a "critics" spot for UNCLE last night that featured a bunch of positive comments about the film. So that's good.

Then again, a little while later, I also saw a critics spot for F4. Seriously.

I saw a "critics" spot for UNCLE last night that featured a bunch of positive comments about the film. So that's good.

Then again, a little while later, I also saw a critics spot for F4. Seriously.

Ive seen that s*** too

I love how people are using the failure of F4 as a potential gauge for this and other upcoming movie's reception. Seriously. I'll trust the man who successfully reinvented Sherlock Holmes.

Hmmm....dont think Rowsdowser or myself used the failure of F4 as a potential gauge for this and other upcoming movie's reception.

He merely pointed out that critic spots are pretty much bull.

And i havent anyone else doing what you are talking about

Yeah, I think this looks much better than F4 and I wasn't comparing the two. Just pointing out that you can't trust critics spots.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritayo
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"