Runaways Marvel’s Runaways General Discussion

Keep what up? Expressing my opinion? They chopped this show up to something that is vaguely recognized. The parents are portrayed as nothing more than a glorified cult. The scene where Victor dies and a dialog insues as to who gets in the box. Then ultimately no one has to get in the box? Come on. That was good? Molly's character fits nowhere in this group. The scene when she's trying to get out the bathroom then immediately stops to take a nap. For real? Gert and her female power but then acting like a little school girl over Chase. This show is like the comics by name only. It sucks. I'm not bashing the actors. I'm bashing the writers and producers. Feel free to ban me all you want.

If we are going to go the foot fetish way, Nico and Karolina were barefoot a ton during the season, no? And the framing was totally from the Wilders. God I hate them. Hypocrites.

Yeah, but it's not about that. I know they were. It's about seeing the iconic flip flops as part of Karolina's outfit. It's like having Molly without her hat.

Even if they made Karolina barefoot in the series instead, I'd still want her to have the flip flops, just because that's what she wore.

Yeah, but it's not about that. I know they were. It's about seeing the iconic flip flops as part of Karolina's outfit. It's like having Molly without her hat.

Even if they made Karolina barefoot in the series instead, I'd still want her to have the flip flops, just because that's what she wore.

I feel like the important part of the outfit is the crop top personally, even thought she doesn't always have that iconic one. But to me, that's Karolina's big look. I thought she looked pretty much perfect in the last episode.

I'll put my opinion on the show this way: If the comic had been like this, would it have been popular enough to get a TV show years later?

They delved into the Pride, but defanged them in the process, and Jonah on his lonesome isn't a very interesting replacement. The kids are nowhere near as developed in 10 hour long episodes as they were in 10 22-page issues of comics. And it's not just my love of the comics that makes me feel this show is dragged out, my wife who has never read the comic feels the same way.

Do you know what's interesting to me, though? This approach, repurposing the elements of the story for new themes and focuses would work great for another comics adaptation that doesn't find all of its' relevance on groundbreaking story and characters. If they do this for Cloak and Dagger: tease out the storyline, totally change around everything about the villains, dig more into their parents and their troubles/motivations and rarely use the powers, it actually would still work well. Nothing would be "lost" and the characters aren't so numerous as to sabotage efforts to split attention between two social circles.

Old Lace looked great for TV just like Lockjaw.

Agreed.

On Karolina's outfit: The top was enough for me to smile. The flip flops were never iconic to me, none of their outfits are, except maybe Nico's black dress with the purple under-thing. It was nice to see stuff I recognized, but I would have much more preferred faithfulness in storylines or at least level of drama than costuming.

Marvel’s Runaways BRILLIANT!
One DRASTIC mistake!! Same as BUFFY VAMPIRE SLAYER !
DAWN should have been 8 years old. Actors AGE!
Allegra Acosta is BRILLIANT but pretty soon she is going to be taller than a bunch of the cast. To stick with the concept of a little girl with IMPOSSIBLE strength MOLLY should have been a 6 year old. Will they replace her? love

I feel like the important part of the outfit is the crop top personally, even thought she doesn't always have that iconic one. But to me, that's Karolina's big look. I thought she looked pretty much perfect in the last episode.

She's had that dark blue jacket thing (not sure if it's made of denim) and also that yellow/orange sleeveless turtle neck jumper with the flared jeans. Both outfits have had flip flops or sandals of some sort. I'd say most of her outfits had flip flops which is why I'd say that's the iconic and most common part of her clothing.

At times, I felt like I was watching "The Pride" instead of "Runaways" and that's a bad thing. I think the parents got way too much focus over the season.

And the only pay off we got was Karolina's father reveal and we kind of knew that one the entire time. Also, Niko doesn't have the Staff of One with her currently. That's a bummer.

It was ok-ish, certainly watchable, but not the ride I remember the comic being.

At times, I felt like I was watching "The Pride" instead of "Runaways" and that's a bad thing. I think the parents got way too much focus over the season.

And the only pay off we got was Karolina's father reveal and we kind of knew that one the entire time. Also, Niko doesn't have the Staff of One with her currently. That's a bummer.

It was ok-ish, certainly watchable, but not the ride I remember the comic being.

Yeah how is she going to do her magic without her staff?

I also expect next season there will still be a reasonable focus on the pride.

My guess is the Runaways will sneak back and steal the Staff of One at some point (obviously, Tina's alarm system will complicate things, though).

I loved the pilot since it was almost beat forbear the first issue. But at the end of issue one, they runaway. We went the entire season and they don’t runaway from The Pride until the finale. I kind of feel like everything that happened over 9 episodes was pointless.

Yeah, the show ended in 10 episodes where it should have ended in 2 or 3 episodes.

I loved the pilot since it was almost beat forbear the first issue. But at the end of issue one, they runaway. We went the entire season and they don’t runaway from The Pride until the finale. I kind of feel like everything that happened over 9 episodes was pointless.

Heh, I figured something was off. Haven't read it in years.

Only if you don't count character development as having a point. The characters have grown considerably from where they started. So have the Pride.

Only if you don't count character development as having a point. The characters have grown considerably from where they started. So have the Pride.

But they could (and should) have grown under different circumstances.

It's not like their characters would not have developed if the show had done a better job of getting to the point.

It's not necessarily true that the point is the same as the one in the books. This season was about learning who their parents were and what their goals are. They aren't all the way there, sure, but they're much farther than they were in the comics. And they don't have a book they have to decode to do it.

Well shooting on season 2 probably won't begin in a month or so. Virginia Gardner just took a role in the inevitable next Holloween movie that's coming out (this time spun as direct sequel to original by Blumhouse Productions under Universal). It just started shooting today.

Depends on how big her role is in Halloween. It might not be a leading role.

Very average show, but that
there is a dinosaur who acts like a dog
is hilarious! So cute!!

Nothing about this show makes sense and the acting, direction and especially the writing are average at best. Easily the most overrated show from Marvel tv.

So are they actually going to be on the run, or are they going to walk that back and have them come home so that they can feature more of the parents again?

And are Karolina and Nico going to be an item now or are they still wavering on that?

Will they meet Victor Mancha this season?

Dammmn, Looks like somebody got a budget.. effects and cinematography are looking pretty sweet

Last edited:
I will have to watch this later :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"