Born Again Marvel Studios’ Daredevil: Born Again General Discussion Thread

Spider-man told DD that his yellow suit could only have been made by a blind man in an old What If? comic called 'What if the world knew daredevil was blind?'

Lol I liked the yellow from She-Hulk. I thought it was a fun transition into the MCU

She-Hulks-Daredevil-Different-To-Netflix-Version.jpg

It’s tough to judge from set photos, but the new suit looks fine to me. Maybe a bit too bright if I’m nitpicking but, again, who knows what it’ll look like onscreen

But, also, I doubt his appearance in She-Hulk is relevant to the plot of Born Again. At most, maybe a passing reference to a case that took him to LA.

yeah i liked the yellow suit as well, im glad they adapted it.
i cant believe how well the ninja blindfold suit worked in season one given the pounding that it got when it was featured in the trial of the incredible hulk tv movie.
i liked that outfit but also felt it gave away his blindness as how would he be able to see through the mask.
but frank miller and john romita jnr did that outfit in the dd origin story they told and it worked there so i guess they thought it was worth doing again live action, but covering his eyes is still a weird choice if hes so intent on hiding the fact hes blind.

Lol I liked the yellow from She-Hulk. I thought it was a fun transition into the MCU
I liked the yellow suit as well and thought it worked well within the context of the She-Hulk show. But for his own show, I prefer the red.
But, also, I doubt his appearance in She-Hulk is relevant to the plot of Born Again. At most, maybe a passing reference to a case that took him to LA.
It would be cool to see Jen pop up for 1 episode (in human form). At the very least to tie up loose ends about their relationship.

I really liked the simplicity of the very first look in Season 1 with the black mask. It made sense, it was practical, it was badass.

8f7mj0.gif

8f7mgj.gif

8f7nf9.gif

I really liked the simplicity of the very first look in Season 1 with the black mask. It made sense, it was practical, it was badass.
Loved the proto-hero Zorro look, especially with the bandaged wrists, and apreciated when he was forced to go back to it. Though he needed to end up back in the red, that is the character, just not that happy with the final look they chose.

Last edited:
Loved the proto suit from S1 and it’s return in S3. It made narrative sense tho; no point in going back to it for Born Again

After a couple of fights with Poindexter in jail Matt just might want that armor back

The black suit was cool and served its purpose, but it’s not Daredevil. It wouldn’t make sense for him to go back to that.

Definitely liking it better here, seeing it in more dramatic lighting is cool, they still haven't really nailed the mask though imo.

Only way they could fix the mask is to go The Batman route. Sculpted leather, or whatever they concocted up for that perfect suit. While it doesn’t fold down, it looks like a comic suit perfectly in live action… thin, less defined.

Presumably after. My head canon is he specifically ordered red and the tailor decide to go against that, so he got a new suit lol.
I'm pretty sure the beginning will take place before SpidermanNWH/She-Hulk.
Then, Fisk becoming mayor and the rest of the serie setting after She-Hulk

(Echo and She-Hulk set in 2025 both)

I'm pretty sure the beginning will take place before SpidermanNWH/She-Hulk.
Then, Fisk becoming mayor and the rest of the serie setting after She-Hulk

(Echo and She-Hulk set in 2025 both)
I know there are rumblings (leaks) that imply there's a time skip from the newly filmed pilot to the rest of the series, but I wasn't really referring to that in my post as it's still early, so it's still a bit unknown and that the bulk of the show is still after the show I mentioned.

NWH is primarily in November 2024, before Echo and even Hawkeye, so not sure why you're bringing that up. She-Hulk ends in early Fall 2025 (roughly early September, though the bulk of the episode is in mid August) and the NYC Mayor race would be in November 2025. The set pics show newspapers commenting on Fisk gaining momentum heading into the voting polls, so it's very much possible the first episode ends with him winning the election. So best case scenario is the DD pilot takes place after She-Hulk ends.

Last edited:
I know there are rumblings (leaks) that imply there's a time skip from the newly filmed pilot to the rest of the series, but I wasn't really referring to that in my post as it's still early, so it's still a bit unknown and that the bulk of the show is still after the show I mentioned.
That can be scary in that instead of off screen Foggy and Karen get killed on screen and then we skip forward.

And then it can be enticing in that we might see more of the time during the Blip than the brief scenes at the end of the period shown in Endgame and Echo.

Rewatching Daredevil now and it's so good. This new series terrifies me. Disney doesn't make great TV generally, and the bar is very high. The odds of them pulling it off seem painfully slim, but I shall hope for the very best. It is great to see the faces back together. An appearance from Brett Mahoney would be an unexpected treat.

The suit kinda sucks. It's fine. For all the things I consider scared about the original show, the Daredevil costume is like the one thing I was more than happy for Disney to tinker with. I think the perfect suit is still out there. For me, I want something super stripped down like the S1 gear, just a little more refined and of course in red.

As much as I like the new suit, it really don't beat this, it's a downgrade really, because more red with some black accent doesn't really mix together that well, the previous suit was literally a perfection.

It feels like pointless change. Ironically back in the days studios were afraid of making comic accurate suits and that's why we've got a lot leather suits, but in case of Daredevil it works, because smooth costume really suit Daredevil even if he wear more tactical armor in modern comics. Just take Daredevil 2003 suit with season 2 mask and it would be cool.

GF6zJb4W4AAFpYH

charlie-cox-daredevil-the-defenders-1549979197.jpg

I like the new suit, but I'm still not OK with the lack of the Double Ds.

I wonder if we get cameos from She Hulk and or Spider Man

Kingpin as Mayor in Born Again if we see this then how long before he uses his office to go after Daredevil or any hero in New York so they don't oppose him

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"