Moon Knight Marvel Studios' Moon Knight General Discussion Thread

If you're fine with that era, it's hard to beat Doug Moench and Bill Seinkewicz together. But, if you want something more modern, Warren Ellis is the clear choice.

I don't know if they would. He was never Egyptian in the comics. But if they did want to go that route, then maybe Zeeko Zaki? He plays Omar Zidan in the series FBI. But he's a main character in that, so I don't know whether he could split his time with that and Moon Knight. Depends how long Moon Knight is and when it films.

Yeah I’m just over the white guy as the explorer type thing. I’ve always said Riz Ahmed would be an amazing Marc Spector

As someone who has always liked Moon Knight but never did a deep dive into his comics, what should I start reading to brush up? I already own Moon Knight Epic Collection vol. 1 but nothing else.

The warren Ellis stuff is pretty cool and the bendis stuff isn’t perfect but it has some interesting moments

FWIW, it's rare to have a tough as nails Jewish character so I don't necessarily want to change that aspect of the character. But, if he was changed, I've thought before that he should be Arabic given the Egyptian connection.

I'm really curious how they are going to do Moon Knight's costume. I've never really understood how a guy in an all-white suit could hide in the shadows so effectively, lol.

I'm really curious how they are going to do Moon Knight's costume. I've never really understood how a guy in an all-white suit could hide in the shadows so effectively, lol.
I have seen half black half white variations lol.

I'm skeptical on how gritty they will get on a Disney plus show.
Well, I'm qualifying Arrow as "gritty," and it's TV-14. I'm sure Moon Knight will reach its standards.

I'm skeptical on how gritty they will get on a Disney plus show.
Same. I know flickchick talked about a less grounded take... I'm sorry, this is a guy that was a former mercenary for hire who died, came back to life thinking he's the agent of an ancient god whose grasp on sanity gets worse and worse as time goes by to the point he develops multiple personalities. Taking pains to smooth all that out kinda takes away some of the most compelling aspects of the character.

Well, I'm qualifying Arrow as "gritty," and it's TV-14. I'm sure Moon Knight will reach its standards.

I know some love them to death but if Moon Knight is done in the manner of any CW show I honestly would rather it not be done at all. No offense but I find the CW shows to be terrible wastes.

I know some love them to death but if Moon Knight is done in the manner of any CW show I honestly would rather it not be done at all. No offense but I find the CW shows to be terrible wastes.
Okay, Arrow is like my favorite TV show, so obviously we have different tastes, which is totally fine. I can acknowledge that objectively, Daredevil is the better show. But Arrow is just really special to me.

That said, I doubt it will have the typical drama, relationship junk, and other typically CW flaws. So you've got nothing to worry about there. Its action could be around Arrow's standards, though. Its earlier seasons in particular had fantastic fight choreography, and the later seasons weren't afraid to be grittier, with more blood and violence.

Did you see that concept art the guy from god of war came up with? To me it’s perfect

And why shouldn’t god of war be inspo for this?

Did you see that concept art the guy from god of war came up with? To me it’s perfect

And why shouldn’t god of war be inspo for this?

I hope it's not as textured as that. I prefer it to look simpler. This almost looks like a Batman-wannabe costume.

Someone mentioned Adam Driver as Moonknight and now I can't get over that. I'd be down for that!

Someone mentioned Adam Driver as Moonknight and now I can't get over that. I'd be down for that!

I could see that, definitely. I had previously kinda wanted to see Max Greenfield in the role.

Are we going to get Moon Knight, She-Hulk and Ms Marvel forums now? They've been announced.

I could see that, definitely. I had previously kinda wanted to see Max Greenfield in the role.

Oh snap! I like this choice even more

I've also heard Rami Malik as a fan cast but I think he's a pipe dream.

I wonder if Mena Massoud would do it? He’s got history with Disney after all

As someone who has always liked Moon Knight but never did a deep dive into his comics, what should I start reading to brush up? I already own Moon Knight Epic Collection vol. 1 but nothing else.
The Lemire run is fantastic. I can't believe that we're finally getting a Moon Knight show!
494904._SX312_QL80_TTD_.jpg

Oh snap! I like this choice even more

I've also heard Rami Malik as a fan cast but I think he's a pipe dream.

Though New Girl is a comedy, Greenfield's Schmidt utilizes a range of emotions that often switches on a dime, which might be a good skill to have to display Marc Spector's fractured psyche. He also looks like he has a good frame for putting on muscle, so I think he could do the physicality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"