Where's the Moon Knight movie????

I don't know, theatrical releases are pretty crowded if Thor and Cap are successful to earn sequels. Then there are the other Avengers team members and cosmic Herpes which will require greater budgets.

I'm okay with MK TV series.

I love to see him in a DVD animated release preferably in his original costume.

If he were to be put in a big screen film it wouldn't hurt to raise his profile in some way.

Does he have a rogues' gallery of sorts to choose from? I can't think of a particular personal nemesis for him off the top of my head.

Shoot, make it a double and have him and the Shade fight and then team up against Hydra and a couple of comparable villains or something. Call it "Shades of Moon Knight".:doh:

His main nemesis is a guy name Bushman who is a mercenary with a skull face painted on his face

You've got Raoul Bushman, Morpheus, Hatchet-Man (If they want to make a bigger thing of that), Midnight Man/Midnight, Black Spectre...

Problem is Spector has a habit of killing off his rogues...

I'm about as big a Moon Knight fan as you'll find, but there's no market for a film at this point. Dude's got a small niche following who buy damn near all of his stuff, not a big enough market to support a film.

You've got Raoul Bushman, Morpheus, Hatchet-Man (If they want to make a bigger thing of that), Midnight Man/Midnight, Black Spectre...

Problem is Spector has a habit of killing off his rogues...

I'm about as big a Moon Knight fan as you'll find, but there's no market for a film at this point. Dude's got a small niche following who buy damn near all of his stuff, not a big enough market to support a film.

That actually could work out in favor of a film series. If you notice, in superhero movies, the villain often dies at the end. This is because, to some, it is more satisfying if the villain dies in the ending and,in film, they aren't likely to return in the first place, invalidating a big reason they don't in comics.

How should the Moon Knight movie (or even a TV series) help differentiate Moon Knight from characters like Batman for a movie?

How should the Moon Knight movie (or even a TV series) help differentiate Moon Knight from characters like Batman for a movie?

Some of the things that make Spector unique in Marvel would make for great cinematic fare. For instance: not to massage stereotypes here, but the fact that Spector is Jewish should make him more appealing to Hollywood, and would make him a rarity on screen as well. Plus, the fact that he's got a convoluted origin story that involves ancient Egyptian mythology brings in a very cinematic element.

Actually, I think the fact that he's a lesser-known Marvel hero works in his favor here --- there would be a far less vocal fanboyb*itchist contingent when the studio chooses to take liberties with the source material, so the movie could be dealt with in strictly cinematic terms instead of comic book terms.

Moon Knight's story makes for a great Hollywood movie/TV show, period --- two-fisted pulp action combined with ancient mysticism and superhero adventure....what's not to like? The GA doesn't need to know this character at all to recognize that it's a great action-adventure tale.

Batman - rich boy with inheritance and resources.
Moon Knight - poor Rabbi boy from chicago who does it all by himself

Some of the things that make Spector unique in Marvel would make for great cinematic fare. For instance: not to massage stereotypes here, but the fact that Spector is Jewish should make him more appealing to Hollywood, and would make him a rarity on screen as well. Plus, the fact that he's got a convoluted origin story that involves ancient Egyptian mythology brings in a very cinematic element.

Actually, I think the fact that he's a lesser-known Marvel hero works in his favor here --- there would be a far less vocal fanboyb*itchist contingent when the studio chooses to take liberties with the source material, so the movie could be dealt with in strictly cinematic terms instead of comic book terms.

Moon Knight's story makes for a great Hollywood movie/TV show, period --- two-fisted pulp action combined with ancient mysticism and superhero adventure....what's not to like? The GA doesn't need to know this character at all to recognize that it's a great action-adventure tale.

True. With a character like Moon Knight, I think I would play up his bat**** insanity and multiple personality disorder and whatnot. I think the film could be like The Dark Knight meets Fight Club, or for more of a psychological thriller, Shutter Island. Thoughts?

Batman - rich boy with inheritance and resources.
Moon Knight - poor Rabbi boy from chicago who does it all by himself

Good way to sum it up. What would you liken a potential Moon Knight movie to?

Batman - Born from the violence, to take the fight back to the darkness on it's own turf. Ultimate goal: To restore order to such a position that his own existence could not occur.

Moon Knight - Wealth came from the violence, lives for redemption for past actions, fighting for the most primal version of justice - vengeance. May be mystical, may be insane - at his best it's not possible to determine which is the case, although the story might suggest one option it never eliminates the other.

Last edited:
Batman - Born from the violence, to take the fight back the darkness on it's own turf. Ultimate gol: To restore order tosch a osition that his ow existence could not occur.

Moon Knight -Wealth came from the violence, lives for redemption for past actions, fighting for the most primal version of justice - vengeance. My be mystical, my be insane - at his best it's not possible to determine which is the case, although the story might suggest one option it never eliminates the other.

Good ideas!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"