• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who could be cast as Moon Knight?

I like the Jeffrey Donovan idea if they can get him. But he might be a little too old at this point.

I think the angle you need to push with Moon Knight is that he's Marvel's riff on Batman except he's more unhinged and crazier than Batman. Like you have a Batman type of character, but you can play with his psychosis a lot more.

Like once in a story, Moon Knight was fighting a bad guy named Arsenal. After a brutal battle, Moon Knight finally knocks him out. So what does he do? He spits on him. Not something Batman would do. Not something Cap would do, but it is something Moon Knight would do.

That's what's great about Moon Knight, he's a ground zero character where you can experiment with a Batman type going off the deep end and just doing nutty stuff. Once he also cut an enemy's face off. The guy has kind of gone over the edge.

How about Rupert Friend? He really impressed me on Homeland and I think he would be an excellent choice. He has the right look too.
5-days-of-war0011.jpg

Last edited:
Rupert Friend I actually enjoyed him as Agent 47 in Hitman so him being cast as Moon Knight I would not have a problem with that but my pick for Moon Knight is Josh Harnett...now Josh Hartnett as Moon Knight is an inspired choice

Here's a clip of animated Moon Knight on Ultimate Spider-Man voiced by Deidrich Bader. He has the costume from the recent Warren Ellis run.

[YT]G0hCw-UxHkc[/YT]

Honestly, I thought "I'd rather take the hit than waste time blocking it" was a good line and a total thing Moon Knight would do and say.

Get Sailor Moon to play him.

^wat?

Rami Malek is still my favourite to play him. Haven't decided on the villain yet. Does moon knight have an arch nemesis? Let's be honest, one of the best things about the Netflix shows are the villains

Haven't decided on the villain yet. Does moon knight have an arch nemesis?

Raoul Bushman is one of MK's consistent rogues and is tied to his origin. I think he'd be a good way to go. I think Michael Jai White would be good. I know he's mentioned for a lot of cbm roles, but Bushman is a big, strapping mercenary, a skilled hand-to-hand fighter and crazy with metal teeth. I think this would be in his wheelhouse for sure and up the action quotient considerably.

Rami Malek is friggin' tiny.

So is Robert Downey Jnr. Sometimes small children keep him in their top pocket and rub him to get wishes

Clive Standen(Vikings)

latest

or

Zane Holtz(From Dusk Till Dawn: The Series)

mc7jGzOP_400x400.jpg

dusk-till-thumb111.jpg

Last edited:
How about Rupert Friend? He really impressed me on Homeland and I think he would be an excellent choice. He has the right look too.
5-days-of-war0011.jpg

You know, I don't believe I've seen this guy's work before, but I've browsed pictures, and that scowl would be ideal for Marc Spector. I need to check some films of Friend.

Raoul Bushman is one of MK's consistent rogues and is tied to his origin. I think he'd be a good way to go. I think Michael Jai White would be good. I know he's mentioned for a lot of cbm roles, but Bushman is a big, strapping mercenary, a skilled hand-to-hand fighter and crazy with metal teeth. I think this would be in his wheelhouse for sure and up the action quotient considerably.

Other potential villains are:

Midnight/ Jeff Wilde(formerly Moon Knight's sidekick and son of original Moon Knight-rogue Midnight Man)

background.jpg

Black Spectre

2650692-moon_knight__18___page_7.jpg

Randall Spector/Shadowknight/Hatchet-Killer(Marc's brother)

latest

Hulk16C.png

Anubis

mk1v2p31.jpg

Stained Glass Scarlet

327812-173930-stained-glass-scarle.jpg

Morpheus

mk12v1p14.jpg

The Whyos

1654283-dwm_2011_02_06_03_10_09_58.jpg

Lupinar

lupinarm1.jpg

...other rogues that could be used that have appeared in MK comics are Taskmaster, The Jester, and The Scarecrow.

Also, someone suggested Gabriel Macht for the title role, and I can see it. He'd be one of my top picks.

Last edited:
You know, I don't believe I've seen this guy's work before, but I've browsed pictures, and that scowl would be ideal for Marc Spector. I need to check some films of Friend.

I actually haven't seen any of his films(the latest Hitman movie looked terrible), but he was really good on the TV-show Homeland, so check that out if you want. He first shows up in the second season, but the show is great anyways.

I found it really interesting that James Gunn pitched a Moon Knight movie to Marvel, but he didn't have time to actually make the movie. A movie would be awesome, but I would prefer a netflix series. I would really like to hear Gunn's pitch though.

I actually haven't seen any of his films(the latest Hitman movie looked terrible), but he was really good on the TV-show Homeland, so check that out if you want. He first shows up in the second season, but the show is great anyways.

I found it really interesting that James Gunn pitched a Moon Knight movie to Marvel, but he didn't have time to actually make the movie. A movie would be awesome, but I would prefer a netflix series. I would really like to hear Gunn's pitch though.

I'll check Homeland for sure.

Yeah, I also would prefer a Netflix series, but if Gunn's pitch would somehow be finalized as a film, it wouldn't be the worst thing by far either, especially if he's involved.

I'll check Homeland for sure.

Yeah, I also would prefer a Netflix series, but if Gunn's pitch would somehow be finalized as a film, it wouldn't be the worst thing by far either, especially if he's involved.

:up:

Definitely, Guardians of the Galaxy was great, and even though Moon Knight is completely different, it's still cool that Gunn wanted to be involved. One thing that they would probably pull off better in a movie is the Mooncopter, which I really want to see, next to some other gadgets. Imagine a shot like this in live action:
Moon_Knight_descending.jpg
:hmr:

I'd appreciate if they could attempt casting a Jewish actor as Marc Spector.

My problem with a movie is that you would lose a lot of Moon Knight's dark edge. I mean the dude is schizophrenic and borderline psychotic.

:up:

Definitely, Guardians of the Galaxy was great, and even though Moon Knight is completely different, it's still cool that Gunn wanted to be involved. One thing that they would probably pull off better in a movie is the Mooncopter, which I really want to see, next to some other gadgets. Imagine a shot like this in live action:
Moon_Knight_descending.jpg
:hmr:

That would be quite the shot. Something akin to Night Owl's descending from the Owlship albeit in a different spin.

Now, as to what TheVileOne says, yeah, I guess that would be my one concern with a film adaptation. A film has the luxury of more budget, but a Netflix series has the advantage of pushing the envelope with story.

I still like Jake Gyllenhaal if Moon Knight is a feature. But if it's a Netflix series, I'm thinking Anson Mount (Hell on Wheels) would be a good choice.

coarcN9.jpg
Mj7qGOQ.jpg

HAVGmuq.jpg

Hugh Dancy - Moon Knight

image.jpg

On a somewhat similar subject, whether it be a film or a Netflix series, I think the film Manhunter and the series Hannibal could be a very adequate model/inspiration for a Moon Knight live action project in terms of the tone and psychological aspects(both Graham and Spector are quite conflicted).

Another film it could draw inspiration from is Highlander. The way Connor Macleod is introduced with a strong sense of mystery(the way the first sword fight and quickening are introduced at the beginning and how he is a wealthy antique dealer and flaskbacks) is something I think would be aptly suited for the character development of Marc Spector.

Yeah I think you could do some trippy stuff with Moon Knight. Like you should be split between "is this dude really talking to an Egyptian deity" and "this dude is genuinely nuts" and maybe a mix of both.

I think Moon Knight doesn't need a big budget though. He's more of a street level character and he's not battling major world ending threats.

But yeah, one way they could definitely go is the mystery of is this guy genuinely crazy or is he really enhanced and getting powers from an ancient god? And just run with that for a while on a TV show.

I feel like if it was a movie, it would have to be more upfront. Like you'd know from the beginning about Khonshu and it would be more like Doctor Strange. I don't think that works for Moon Knight.

Plus in a TV format you could really play around with a lot more the fact that Moon Knight is an analog to Batman. You could even maybe satirize ultra-violent Batman in Dawn of Justice and do it through Moon Knight. Then Moon Knight is teetering over the edge and realized, "what the hell? What the hell am I doing?"

Just spitballing here.

The reason I want him to be a Jewish actor though is because if you just cast another white guy...well...

OK well maybe we want to have this discussion. Instead of Jewish, what if you cast a different minority actor as Spector? What if Spector was black, Asian or Latin American?

Yeah I think you could do some trippy stuff with Moon Knight. Like you should be split between "is this dude really talking to an Egyptian deity" and "this dude is genuinely nuts" and maybe a mix of both.

I think Moon Knight doesn't need a big budget though. He's more of a street level character and he's not battling major world ending threats.

But yeah, one way they could definitely go is the mystery of is this guy genuinely crazy or is he really enhanced and getting powers from an ancient god? And just run with that for a while on a TV show.

I feel like if it was a movie, it would have to be more upfront. Like you'd know from the beginning about Khonshu and it would be more like Doctor Strange. I don't think that works for Moon Knight.

Plus in a TV format you could really play around with a lot more the fact that Moon Knight is an analog to Batman. You could even maybe satirize ultra-violent Batman in Dawn of Justice and do it through Moon Knight. Then Moon Knight is teetering over the edge and realized, "what the hell? What the hell am I doing?"

Just spitballing here.

The reason I want him to be a Jewish actor though is because if you just cast another white guy...well...

OK well maybe we want to have this discussion. Instead of Jewish, what if you cast a different minority actor as Spector? What if Spector was black, Asian or Latin American?

With Moon Knight being very dark horse mainstream-wise, it probably has the luxury to indulge in that creative route.

...and yeah, I don't see why Spector can't be played by someone of ethnicity other than white.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"