Where's the Moon Knight movie????

Atomicchuck3k

Alien Visitor
Reaction score
There has speculation for years about a Moon Knight movie. The idea has been bounced around a lot but I believe that Marvel studios wants to get all their big guns on the big screen first. I believe Moon Knight could be Marvels "Dark Knight" if a great writer and the right director leaps on the project. Does anyone think this would be a worthy venture?

Moonknight_render.jpg

I've thought about this a lot, and as much as I like MK, translating his connection to Khonshu to the big screen would be tough. I'd much rather them release some animated DVDs DC-style, before trying that.

I've thought about this a lot, and as much as I like MK, translating his connection to Khonshu to the big screen would be tough. I'd much rather them release some animated DVDs DC-style, before trying that.

If Marvel goes that route I would like the animation to be as dark as DC as well. Marvel Knights is just to bubbly for my taste.

absolutely

Cillian Murphy for Moon Knight

Murphy is an excellent choice for performance (Awesome range as an actor) but I just don't see him as an ex-marine, mercenary, boxer type.

I was thinking of Jonathan Tucker. He has a look that just fits MK, plus he's actually Jewish.

JonathanTucker.jpg

Last edited:

Well Moon Knight's first series played that down a lot less than his second series "Fist of Khonshu Moon Knight". I prefer Moon Knight's original costume anyway without all the bling and the ankh. He became a less darker character in that later series and even ended up in the West Coast Avengers. I don't think original Moon Knight would've done that.

Just keep him all white (so that he looks like more of a ghost) and keep the Khonshu references to a minimum.

I'd definitely enjoy a Moon Knight movie on the big screen.

Well Moon Knight's first series played that down a lot less than his second series "Fist of Khonshu Moon Knight". I prefer Moon Knight's original costume anyway without all the bling and the ankh. He became a less darker character in that later series and even ended up in the West Coast Avengers. I don't think original Moon Knight would've done that.

Just keep him all white (so that he looks like more of a ghost) and keep the Khonshu references to a minimum.

I would love to see a darker Moon Knight. And I completely agree that MK is more of a loner than a team player.

Also, if there is a Moon Knight movie, I want him to be all in white and not his new costume which is a mostly black body (like the Marvel Legends figure).Having him in black will draw too many comparisons with the Dark Knight, and makes him less unique anyway. I always liked how his name was Marc Spector and he looked like a spectre all in white.

Also, if there is a Moon Knight movie, I want him to be all in white and not his new costume which is a mostly black body (like the Marvel Legends figure).Having him in black will draw too many comparisons with the Dark Knight, and makes him less unique anyway. I always liked how his name was Marc Spector and he looked like a spectre all in white.

I Agree.

Coachwhip would have been cool except Ironman 2 had Whiplash already.

I always liked Moon Knight... but man, they really need to raise his profile if they are going to make a movie out of it.

I always liked Moon Knight... but man, they really need to raise his profile if they are going to make a movie out of it.

Not really. Blade didn't exactly have a high profile. Blade is practically a D or E list character, if that. A Moon Knight movie would raise the character's profile. The public will watch any superhero movie if it is done well and has good reviews.

Please expand

If you mean that Moon Knight is a relative unknown I beg to differ. Moon Knight is one of those underground characters that stands on their own. MK and punisher are about in the same "raise the bar" category except the punisher has had more team ups and made his debut in Spidey so he is a bit more recognized.

Moon Knight started out with his own comic and has had a small following much the same as Blade. MK has always been a loner and only team up with Spidey.

I think that as long as the studios distance themselves from Batman's release dates Moon Knight will do fine.

Murphy is an excellent choice for performance (Awesome range as an actor) but I just don't see him as an ex-marine, mercenary, boxer type.

I was thinking of Jonathan Tucker. He has a look that just fits MK, plus he's actually Jewish.

JonathanTucker.jpg

I just don't see him as an ex-marine, mercenary, boxer type.

If he bulked up he would definitely fit the bill.

Jonathan-Tucker-jonathan-tucker-7755627-360-480.jpg

I don't know about ex-marine, mercenary or boxer type. He might fit the bill for a policeman, cowboy, biker, construction worker, american indian or GI-type. :woot:

Not really. Blade didn't exactly have a high profile. Blade is practically a D or E list character, if that. A Moon Knight movie would raise the character's profile. The public will watch any superhero movie if it is done well and has good reviews.

Ahh yes, but you're forgetting at the time Blade was also released during the "vampire" resurgence era. I don't recall that film being massively successful anyway, even though I enjoy it. In terms of Moon Knight, not a lot of people know who he is (similar to Blade) but again, the vampire draw... That's what I mean by raising the Moon Knight profile. There has to be a catch to draw in the unfamiliar audiences. Then again, this is no longer 1998 and superhero films have fewer hurdles to jump than they did back then (thanks Batman and Robin!) ;)

Then again, this is no longer 1998 and superhero films have fewer hurdles to jump than they did back then (thanks Batman and Robin!) ;)

I was just going to make that statement. Then Blade was able to latch onto the vampire genre much like any slasher film during the 80's would be able to hope on board after Jason, Freddy, and Michael.

This is the dawn of the superhero so MK would do well on his own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"