Ghost Rider, Moon Knight, and Blade?

Yes Howard the Duck would make a funny and witty Netflix TV-MA show and can be true to Steve Gerber's creation.

Ever since that cameo at the end of Guardians of the Galaxy, one of Marvel's funniest and weirdest characters Howard The Duck could be given another chance as a TV-MA Netflix show and his cameo stunned fans of the anthro character from the Steve Gerber comics.

It can be called Marvel's Howard! It can star Emma Watson or Zoe Deutch (Lea's daughter) as Beverly Switzler and The Ringmaster can be a guest villain, Seth Green can reprise his voice role with WETA doing the effects. Sacha Baron Cohen can play Ringmaster.

The show can be a bit like Deadpool in it's deadpan 4th wall breaking sense of humor meets Roger Rabbit and Sunny in Phildelphia. It can have some guests like She-Hulk (She is a friend of Howard and his and Beverly's lawyer), Man-Thing, Dr. Strange and others. It can be Marvel's answer to Fox's Deadpool.

I mean if the original film was considered a failure (even though it's a guilty pleasure of mine) just like how the Fox Daredevil film was considered a failure (but good in it's director's cut which is better than the butchery) as Fox gave back the rights to Daredevil to Marvel Studios as Marvel made people like Daredevil better as much as Fox made Deadpool likable than Wolverine Origins then Marvel/Disney can make Howard likable again even have James Gunn-co write the script and have a talented comedy director who is a fan of the source material for the job. And if audiences accepted a talking raccoon, maybe this duck is next and based on the modern incarnation from the recent comics and classic comics by Steve Gerber. Seth Green can co-create/write the show since he is a fan of the Howard comics since he was a kid and can do justice to Gerber's creation.

If the Daredevil show made everyone forget the 2003 film as much as the upcoming Punisher show will make everyone forget the last 3 attempts, the upcoming Ghost Rider show will make everyone forget the Sony attempts etc. then this ideal show of mine can make people forget about the 1986 film (Despite i do like it as a guilty pleasure) as Marvel has done better than just licensing their products to other studios in the past (except Deadpool which Fox has done well).
But how do you do Howard the Duck on a Netflix TV budget?

Just saying, in Daredevil and Jessica Jones, they didn't even take the time to render Avengers Tower.

God I am so ready for that Blade Netflix announcement. ****, that's going to be awesome.

Blade is so huge. Bigger than people give him credit for. I hate saying things like "my favorite female superhero is..." or "my favorite asian superhero is..." I feel like race or gender shouldn't really be that big of a deal, but my favorite black superhero is easily Blade. He's a ****ing badass. John Stewart is probably no2, but he gets points knocked off for being a legacy character.

Blade stands on his own, and kickstarted this whole superhero movie golden age. That first Blade movie is an important part of cinematic history IMO. I feel like it PERFECTLY represented the late 90s. It's an artifact that needs to be preserved. That movie was so relevant to that era.

I want a new Blade series that is socially relevant in the same way. Something fresh and modern, that still pays respect to the Snipes interpretation that made the character popular. Music played a HUGE role in the Blade movies. I think that same formula could be reconstituted for the modern age.

I'll be honest, I've never read a Blade/Tomb of Dracula comic. I have a basic understanding of the lore from wikipedia, but I'm mostly familiar with Blade from the movies. Those first two Blade movies are so unique and solid, I think it's a shame we haven't seen Blade in the MCU yet.

There were two performances in the Blade movies that I think are some of the great superhero movie performances. Snipes as Blade and Stephen Dorff as Deacon Frost. ****ing iconic. This might be my nostalgia speaking, because I was born in the early 90s and Blade had a big impact on me early in my life, but I've since seen the first movie many times and i think it still holds up.

Anyways, i guess i'm hoping for a modernized version of the first Blade movie for the hopeful Netflix series. I know this is a comic book website so I'm going to be crucified for saying this, but based on my very little understanding of the comics, and my familiarity with the movies, I would prefer the MCU Blade draw more from the movies than the comics.

Also, if Ghost Rider gets a Netflix show... I'll be pissed if anyone but Johnny Blaze is the main character. I wish they would ****ing cancel AOS or say that it's not canon

There's absolutely zero chance they'd do a Ghost Rider show at this point and have it not connected to what was set up in AOS in any way.

Agents of SHIELD honestly left a huge opening for any version of the character a spinoff would want to use. That being said, I thought the actor who played Robbie Reyes did a fantastic job. I think he's worth giving a chance.

I would love to see Reyes return to Agents of Shield or get his own show. I didn't think I'd like him so much, if I'm being honest.

If they went to Johnny Blaze instead of Robbie Reyes, that would likely receive heavy criticism.

They need to use Blaze though. The best Ghost Rider needs to be redeemed after Nicolas Cage act-raped him in two movies.

Why does the best Ghost Rider need redemption? Daniel Ketch has yet to appear in live action format?

:p

I thought about bringing up Ketch. I feel many people know of Johnny Blaze because of the movie and then become upset that the movie didn't handle him well. Some of Ghost Rider's best-known attributes (such as his Penance Stare) are attributable to Danny Ketch anyway.

Would love to see Blaze, Ketch and Reyes team up against Mephisto

Would love to see Blaze, Ketch and Reyes team up against Mephisto

You forgot Alejandra Jones. There's four of them. I'd set things up like this.

Seasons 1 and 2: Blaze and Reyes are the protagonists. Dan Ketch becomes the new Ghost Rider in the final scene of Season 2. Season 1 villain is Orb. Season 2 villain is Centurious.

Seasons 3 and 4: Dan Ketch is Ghost Rider. Season 3 villains are Scarecrow and Deathwatch. Season 4 villains are Blackheart and Black Rose.

Season 5: Power of Zarathos splits and repowers Blaze and Reyes along with Ketch. Season 5 villains are Deacon and Zadkiel.

Season 6: Alejandra Jones also becomes a Ghost Rider. Villain is Mephisto. Series finale.

I thought about bringing up Ketch. I feel many people know of Johnny Blaze because of the movie and then become upset that the movie didn't handle him well. Some of Ghost Rider's best-known attributes (such as his Penance Stare) are attributable to Danny Ketch anyway.

Oh, I'd like to see Ketch too. In fact, I'd be totally on board if they start with Ketch as GR and introduce Blaze there as the older, wiser mentor type whose life has been shattered by being the Rider. I actually thought Blaze became more interested after his stint as Ghost Rider anyway.

Oh, I'd like to see Ketch too. In fact, I'd be totally on board if they start with Ketch as GR and introduce Blaze there as the older, wiser mentor type whose life has been shattered by being the Rider. I actually thought Blaze became more interested after his stint as Ghost Rider anyway.

While I disagree on Blaze (he will always be THE GR to me) I do like the sound of your story, could be very good on screen.

While I disagree on Blaze (he will always be THE GR to me) I do like the sound of your story, could be very good on screen.

Yeah, I think it could work. And it would differentiate it even further from the sh**ty movies.

Yeah, I think it could work. And it would differentiate it even further from the sh**ty movies.

Agreed on both accounts. Blaze could always become a GR again down the line also like he did in the comics.

What about Reyes instead of Ketch in your idea?

There's absolutely zero chance they'd do a Ghost Rider show at this point and have it not connected to what was set up in AOS in any way.

Like as if Aos got a new life in ratings by bringing in Robbie Reyes. The ratings of the show is more down that ever. So I don't see Aos as a deal breaker. Johnny Blaze IS still the definitive Ghost Rider.

Although it makes a nice contrast between Johnny Blaze and Robbie Reyes.

Yeah, that is a good point.

Okay, that's probably the best way to go with this. Though hopefully Ketch would show up at some point.

Season 4 of AOS started this week in the UK, really like what they did with this GR. Never read the Reyes version but liked what AOS did.

Would love a 10 episode Blaze/Ketch GR show after they proved they can do the character on a TV budget.

Season 4 of AOS started this week in the UK, really like what they did with this GR. Never read the Reyes version but liked what AOS did.

Would love a 10 episode Blaze/Ketch GR show after they proved they can do the character on a TV budget.

Yeah but Reyes is already cast and established. Ketch is a long, long way away from debuting in the MCU.

Yeah but Reyes is already cast and established. Ketch is a long, long way away from debuting in the MCU.

Reyes is only established to people who watch AOS. I like what they have done with him, but a Netflix show starting anew with Blaze or Ketch wouldn't effect half the people who watched it.

Yeah but if they got from a Latin American actor and switch that to another white male actor for Blaze or Ketch, that could very well upset people considering they went for a different option for Agents of SHIELD, and Robbie Reyes' story was never really concluded and we don't know what happened to him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"