Ms. Marvel Marvel Studios' Ms. Marvel General Discussion Thread

I don’t mind her keeping some of her Inhuman heritage as well as being a mutant.

I mean, she had a dormant X-gene that got suppressed when she went through terrigenisis, and thanks to Wanda's gift, she was able to go through the resurrection protocols even though there would have been no back up.

Simple comic logic guys.

By coming up with some random maguffin in the story. Maybe they purge her inhuman DNA and replace it with the x-gene when they resurrect her. Who knows.
That would be retconning her origin away. They say they want to preserve it. IA with the last poster that her X-gene was more than likely suppressed by the Terrigensiss and this resurrection activates it. She’ll retain her metamorph powers which come from her inhuman side and will gain light construct powers which are from her X-gene

That would be retconning her origin away.
No it isn't. A retcon is going back and changing something previously published. Retconning her origin would be "Hey you know how you thought you were an Inhuman this whole time? Turns out when the terrigen mist actually unlocked your mutant gene and we just assumed you were an Inhuman because of abc reason". My idea doesn't retcon her origin, it just
changes her present day status quo.

Last edited:
I dont know how she is not going to still be an inhuman when they've made it clear that that origin isnt being retconned away
Not being retconned just means that her older comics including her terrigenesis are still in continuity, not that she'll retain her Inhuman genes. They're not saying she was never an Inhuman in the first place, but if her genetic makeup is changed in the Krakoa resurrection she may lose her inhuman status.

That would be retconning her origin away. They say they want to preserve it.
like Venom 1988 said, that's not a retcon. Just a change to the status quo.

I did lol. All they're saying is her origin isn't getting retconned. Nothing about her being an inhuman/mutant hybrid. Somehow she's gonna transition over but we'll see what that's about.
Um not to say I told you so but.....

xmenhellfire2023001-preview-2.jpg

Um not to say I told you so but.....

xmenhellfire2023001-preview-2.jpg
ok? My original point was that the article didn't say that she was gonna be a hybrid. I honestly don't care one way or there other, I was literally just spit balling ideas and explaining to you what is or isn't a retcon.

I imagine maybe they're waiting to see how a wider audience that didn't watch Ms. Marvel responds to Kamala in The Marvels. Also might depend on where her character arc in The Marvels takes her.

Re-watching the first few episodes on ABC and I remembered a reason why I liked the show when it was first on Disney+

Basically the positive portrayal of the Islamic religion. I am not a Muslim, but I always found a negative portrayal of the religion to be boring and lazy.

Re-watching the first few episodes on ABC and I remembered a reason why I liked the show when it was first on Disney+

Basically the positive portrayal of the Islamic religion. I am not a Muslim, but I always found a negative portrayal of the religion to be boring and lazy.

Yeah, how sad that showing Muslims as normal Americans living normal lives is considered an original and novel idea

You know what, if they make a season 2, they need to take inspiration from Spiderverse.

Not multiverse but taking a villain like Spot(probably another mutant) and exploring how she could potentially go wrong without her family.

I don't see a 2nd season or a 2nd show happening.

Ideally, if The Marvels went well at the boX office, it could have led to Captain Marvel 3, a tv series for Monica and a headlining solo film for Kamala. But I think like Carol and Monica, I think we are just going to see Kamala play as a supporting character in someone's film or Avengers, then as a guest star in someone's Disney+ show.

Ideally, if The Marvels went well at the boX office, it could have led to Captain Marvel 3, a tv series for Monica and a headlining solo film for Kamala. But I think like Carol and Monica, I think we are just going to see Kamala play as a supporting character in someone's film or Avengers, then as a guest star in someone's Disney+ show.
It's shame as I would have liked a second season and another Cap Marvel film. Guess they can all contribute well to other projects at least.

I could see them making a 2nd season as long as it's a lower stakes, street level, slice of life high school show...which they needed more of that in the 1st season.

Last edited:

Kamala was never going to get her own movie. The set up they had for her is just too perfect for a show. I would not necessarily count a season 2 out yet.

I could see them making a 2nd season as long as lower stakes, street level, slice of life high school show...which they needed more of that in the 1st season.
The villains were dumb and should have remained grounded while she learned how to use her powers. Really hoping season 2 gets greenlit.

I believe a 2nd season when I see it. But being one of the faces of the MCU's 1st flop movie is going to take a lot for Disney eXecutives, to give the character another shot as a lead character. Someone said in the other thread, that her show was one of the least watched mcu shows before this movie came out.

Ultimately they would want these films/series to help gain interest to each other which Ms. Marvel (and WandaVision) failed to do so with The Marvels.

Monica was never getting a show and Kamal was never getting a solo movie.

The simple fact is Marvel is rebooting its tv division operations. So it will probably come down to what ideas are actually floating around for the character. She’s already tied into the Young Avengers and mutants. So the character is still in the forefront of the next era of projects. Disney plus still needs new content and the tv shows are still apart of that.

Monica was never getting a show and Kamal was never getting a solo movie.

The simple fact is Marvel is rebooting its tv division operations. So it will probably come down to what ideas are actually floating around for the character. She’s already tied into the Young Avengers and mutants. So the character is still in the forefront of the next era of projects. Disney plus still needs new content and the tv shows are still apart of that.
Eh, if the movie was a success, like i said, "it could have". If The Marvels earned as much Guardians (or more), a chances of a Monica show, and Kamala Khan solo movie happening would be high because why not? Especially Disney was throwing everything at the wall and greenlighting random projects such as Echo, Thunderbolts, Armor Wars, Agatha, before things started to underperform.

Going back to my main point, a Monica show/Kamala solo film if The Marvels was a success could have happened - more so than a 2nd season of Ms. Marvel after The Marvels flopped this month.

While a Young Avengers movie wouldn't hinder a Kamala solo film, if the Marvels did well in the first place unless that young Avengers movie happened and flopped. Anyway, all these things are probably not going to happen anyway.

Young Avengers needs to get announced soon before all the young Avengers are 58.

Eh, if the movie was a success, like i said, "it could have". If The Marvels earned as much Guardians (or more), a chances of a Monica show, and Kamala Khan solo movie happening would be high because why not? Especially Disney was throwing everything at the wall and greenlighting random projects such as Echo, Thunderbolts, Armor Wars, Agatha, before things started to underperform.

Going back to my main point, a Monica show/Kamala solo film if The Marvels was a success could have happened - more so than a 2nd season of Ms. Marvel after The Marvels flopped this month.

While a Young Avengers movie wouldn't hinder a Kamala solo film, if the Marvels did well in the first place unless that young Avengers movie happened and flopped. Anyway, all these things are probably not going to happen anyway.
Daredevil isn‘t even getting a movie. They aren’t giving Kamala/Monica a movie.

Marvel has the X-men franchise and Fantastic Four. Not to mention they have Shang-chi and that IRon Fist side of the universe left unexplored. Kamala just doesn’t have the rogue gallery or a solid infrastructure of characters to mine(shes no longer an Inhuman and again mutants have enough characters with more popularity).

Tv is just lower risk. Keeping Kamala on people’s radar is probably important to building the character up to a Spidey like character. I don’t know what the timeline for YA is but the fact they have Kamala and Hawkeye as the starters says they plan to keep her in the forefront.

Daredevil isn‘t even getting a movie. They aren’t giving Kamala/Monica a movie.

Marvel has the X-men franchise and Fantastic Four. Not to mention they have Shang-chi and that IRon Fist side of the universe left unexplored. Kamala just doesn’t have the rogue gallery or a solid infrastructure of characters to mine(shes no longer an Inhuman and again mutants have enough characters with more popularity).

Tv is just lower risk. Keeping Kamala on people’s radar is probably important to building the character up to a Spidey like character. I don’t know what the timeline for YA is but the fact they have Kamala and Hawkeye as the starters says they plan to keep her in the forefront.
Again, it doesn't matter anymore. The movie flopped.

And if a Kamala movie was never in the cards, even if The Marvels didn't flop and became a billion dollar movie, then I wasn't hoping for a Ms. Marvel film anyway - from the same studio that gave us an Eternals movie and announced a Thunderbolts and Armor Wars movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"