Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Marvel's Agents Of SHIELD Season 7 episode 11 "Brand New Day"

Holy Slapper

Sidekick
Reaction score
Well it's definitely a new timeline. Nice to see Fitz again.

Is Fitz dead? That flapjack seemed to suggest he might be.

It's a bit late for him to come back next week now.

Coulson versus Sibyl in cyberspace just like Jarvis versus Ultron. Big brother Mack going old school with Chief Sousa asking his intentions was a cute bit.

I wonder when Coulson cut off mentioning the S.H.I.E.L.D. major assets being targeted was the location of some Kree remains among the places. The way Sousa just adapted to the unknown seems to be copied by the agent at the Hub just accepting that a closed Lighthouse was on his communications network.

BTW I don't see them revisiting 2012 and the events of the Avengers, unless there's suddenly more time travelling involved. It doesn't seem as if it's going to go down that route with Sousa inserted into the battle of New York as a cop, or even Coulson taking the place of 2012 Coulson.

And with all this talk of them now being in an alternate timeline, weren't they already in one? Clearly they weren't in the same timeline as everyone else since Season 5 with everything about the planet being cracked open, or last season with Graviton, and then nothing about a 5-year time jump after the snap.

Is Fitz dead? That flapjack seemed to suggest he might be.
I gotta' confess, I do like flapjack. ;)

Needless to say, timelines get confusing, and this is precisely why I think the timeline in Avengers Endgame is different to the timeline in Avengers Infinity War.

If Agents of Shield existed in one, then moved to another (once they came back from the future) and are now travelling through others, add to that the Loki series and the main Avengers timeline, pre and post Thanos...

That's quite a selection of timelines.

I gotta' confess, I do like flapjack. ;)

Needless to say, timelines get confusing, and this is precisely why I think the timeline in Avengers Endgame is different to the timeline in Avengers Infinity War.

If Agents of Shield existed in one, then moved to another (once they came back from the future) and are now travelling through others, add to that the Loki series and the main Avengers timeline, pre and post Thanos...

That's quite a selection of timelines.

Whoops! Auto correct strikes again! :p

BTW I don't see them revisiting 2012 and the events of the Avengers, unless there's suddenly more time travelling involved. It doesn't seem as if it's going to go down that route with Sousa inserted into the battle of New York as a cop, or even Coulson taking the place of 2012 Coulson.

And with all this talk of them now being in an alternate timeline, weren't they already in one? Clearly they weren't in the same timeline as everyone else since Season 5 with everything about the planet being cracked open, or last season with Graviton, and then nothing about a 5-year time jump after the snap.
Battle of New York.
having seen the promo for the finale I agree

I think Kora telling them is the first outsider to actually say it. No matter what they saw from Deke existing even without his parents meeting in a Kree slave farm forward should have made Back to the Future style time travel theory a no go but they held onto it in their conversations where as Colonel Rhodes and Scott Lang didn't have the screen time to keep going back.

The only problem here as far as a new timeline goes is specifically what's been not only the point in the show, but also the purpose of them trying to fix the timeline? If we're going to end up in a new timeline (one that presumably flows alongside the MCU one) then what has all of this been in aid of?

I haven't seen the promo for the final, as I'm content to wait for it, but if they are indeed going to remain in this timeline, then they'll no doubt defeat Malick and the Chronicoms, but with Shield having been wiped from the map, there will be no more Shield.

Then you've got to ask that real big question; if there's a MCU Multiverse out there and the Chronicoms intent was to fix Earth, why didn't they just find a way to jump to a universe where Earth was fixed to their liking, because all they've managed to do here is create a new timeline. The original one (whatever the hell that is now) still very much exists.

The only problem here as far as a new timeline goes is specifically what's been not only the point in the show, but also the purpose of them trying to fix the timeline? If we're going to end up in a new timeline (one that presumably flows alongside the MCU one) then what has all of this been in aid of?

I haven't seen the promo for the final, as I'm content to wait for it, but if they are indeed going to remain in this timeline, then they'll no doubt defeat Malick and the Chronicoms, but with Shield having been wiped from the map, there will be no more Shield.

Then you've got to ask that real big question; if there's a MCU Multiverse out there and the Chronicoms intent was to fix Earth, why didn't they just find a way to jump to a universe where Earth was fixed to their liking, because all they've managed to do here is create a new timeline. The original one (whatever the hell that is now) still very much exists.

Well the Chronicoms need a bit of a challenge and can't have it too easy. ;)

Well the Chronicoms need a bit of a challenge and can't have it too easy.
Ah, but all they've done is just place themselves in a new timeline. For all purposes, there's a timeline - many of them in fact, where their own homeworld wasn't destroyed...

I can't help but wonder what the writers intended to do with their actions here.

Ah, but all they've done is just place themselves in a new timeline. For all purposes, there's a timeline - many of them in fact, where their own homeworld wasn't destroyed...

I can't help but wonder what the writers intended to do with their actions here.
To be fair, a timeline within the structure of the ones they've caused, likely would either be destroyed either way or be inhabited by that timeline's version of their people.

Really enjoying this season. Watched on Hulu today, now I am caught up for the finale!

Because they are sentient thus emotional and not just logical computers they already had a coup and assassinated a leader to go down this path.

They were in a fight with S.H.I.E.L.D. and seemed fully focused on beating S.H.I.E.L.D. and lost the larger picture.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"