MCU: The Marvel Cinematic Universe Official Discussion - Part 5

tumblr_om9i1yNuzm1w6letwo5_250.gif
Not sure what this GIF means lol

Is it me or does Marvel love "considering" relegating diverse characters to TV/streaming.

Just make an Ultimates movie, you cowards. If a team of uber-powerful superheroes fighting galactic threats doesn't deserve its own movie then I don't know what does.

EDIT:
tumblr_nsccejFECe1tob7k5o2_540.jpg

Just look at them. Confining them to television would be a crime.

The rumor stated "HN Entertainment has learned that Marvel Studios is considering developing potential film/television projects focused on alternative timelines (Multiverse?) and even the superhero team The Ultimates." It does not say whether or not the Ultimates is getting a film or a show first, just that it's in consideration in some form.

But also when they are talking about "television projects" they're most likely talking about a series on D+. All the MCU D+ series are produced by the movie team, and they have promised over and over again that the characters that are getting shows there are going to be able to actually go back and forth from their shows to movies and back. So if the Ultimates does get a show on D+, that doesn't mean they will be "confined" at all, because these shows are produced by the same team as the movies.

(Also according to somebody I've chatted with on an MCU Discord server who knows some of the Internet rumormongers, the source of this rumor is an internal Disney survey. The recent Deadpool rumors also came from this survey.)

I've heard of them. Now that looks like a property that could work as a Disney+ series.

(Also according to somebody I've chatted with on an MCU Discord server who knows some of the Internet rumormongers, the source of this rumor is an internal Disney survey. The recent Deadpool rumors also came from this survey.)
Wow. What a trustworthy source. lol

The thing about Power Pack is whoever they cast (kids) will turn adults in five to ten years and would no longer look like kids. So in that case, a tV series that can last for 4 to 5 years would be more ideal as opposed to a trilogy which would take more than 5 years to make. But TV is imo, is not the best medium for mcu stuff as the shows always feel limited to what they can do/feature whereas the films can feature characters from the other branches of the mcu, the heroes wear costumes, they spend more into polishing the script/the film and the production values are much more better.

Is it me or does Marvel love "considering" relegating diverse characters to TV/streaming.

Just make an Ultimates movie, you cowards. If a team of uber-powerful superheroes fighting galactic threats doesn't deserve its own movie then I don't know what does.

EDIT:
tumblr_nsccejFECe1tob7k5o2_540.jpg

Just look at them. Confining them to television would be a crime.
This looks great. Who is the guy in the middle?

Marvel Reportedly Done With The Avengers In The MCU
Here's what a much more reliable source of information told us last year: Bob Iger (who see's every Marvel film before they hit theaters and y'know Kevin Feige's boss told business analysts this last year in an earnings call.

Given the popularity of the characters and given the popularity of the franchise, I don't think people should conclude there will never be another Avengers movie," Iger said.

That site has as much credibility as a gossip magazine.

It makes no sense to retire the Avengers brand when its proven time and time again to be a massive juggernaut. Its that simple. Could there be fear of Avengers fatigue that Marvel wants to combat with launching new brands, sure? But frankly all Marvel has to do is reinvent the wheel with that brand and introduce a new line-up and do fresh stories with them. And frankly they've barely scratched the surface of the myriad of things the comics have done. However I do think Marvel will give the Avengers a 5-6 six year hiatus in order to organically build up to it like they did with the original Avengers film originally when they were only doing the phase one solo films.

as the shows always feel limited to what they can do/feature whereas the films can feature characters from the other branches of the mcu, the heroes wear costumes, they spend more into polishing the script/the film and the production values are much more better.
How do you know this? We've seen exactly 0 shows by Marvel Studios.

How do you know this? We've seen exactly 0 shows by Marvel Studios.
I've seen all mcu shows thats been released. They don't look as expensive as a MCU film. And I doubt every season of aos/runaways gets planned, years before they shot the first ep. And you don't see anyone crossing over to Cloak & Dagger.

Time will tell if the Disney+ shows are different.

I think we are going to see two Team up movies in the next Phase.

One Earth Based and one Cosmic.

Earth Based Team:Black Panther,ShangChi,Valkyrie,Spiderman,Scarlet,Falcon, Bucky

Cosmic Based Team: Captain Marvel,Dr Strange,Ikaris ,Sersi, Adam Warlock,Thor

I dont think any of them will have thier movies called Avengers though.

Here's what a much more reliable source of information told us last year: Bob Iger (who see's every Marvel film before they hit theaters and y'know Kevin Feige's boss told business analysts this last year in an earnings call.

It makes no sense to retire the Avengers brand when its proven time and time again to be a massive juggernaut. Its that simple. Could there be fear of Avengers fatigue that Marvel wants to combat with launching new brands, sure? But frankly all Marvel has to do is reinvent the wheel with that brand and introduce a new line-up and do fresh stories with them. And frankly they've barely scratched the surface of the myriad of things the comics have done. However I do think Marvel will give the Avengers a 5-6 six year hiatus in order to organically build up to it like they did with the original Avengers film originally when they were only doing the phase one solo films.
Fair point

Power Pack as a Disney+ show could work.

Also, here's confirmation that Deadpool won't be in Spider-Man 3.

It means that they will keep him separated. To which extent, it remains to be seen. Maybe some MCU characters will show up in his movies, or maybe not.

Did you read the article? They are not saying the brand will be retired, they are saying the core team is done (even though Cap's Avengers Assemble Whisper in Endgame would have you believe half the universe is an Avenger) and that the New Avengers are going to be introduced.

I've seen all mcu shows thats been released. They don't look as expensive as a MCU film. And I doubt every season of aos/runaways gets planned, years before they shot the first ep. And you don't see anyone crossing over to Cloak & Dagger.
This makes about as much sense as judging The Mandalorian based on the quality of Star Wars Rebels.

Did you read the article? They are not saying the brand will be retired, they are saying the core team is done (even though Cap's Avengers Assemble Whisper in Endgame would have you believe half the universe is an Avenger) and that the New Avengers are going to be introduced.
They’re pretty much saying the old Avengers branding will retired for a new one which I don’t see the point of at all. I really don’t see them ever replacing the old Avengers branding with ‘Young Avengers’ as it’s just not necessary, imo.

Anyways it doesn’t matter as that site isn’t reliable in the least.

This makes about as much sense as judging The Mandalorian based on the quality of Star Wars Rebels.
Star Wars Rebels is a cartoon series. I am comparing live action film productions to live action tv productions. Not Avengers Endgame to Avengers Assemble.

Watch all the episodes of Aos, Agent Carter, Runaways, Cloak & Dagger, Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, The Defenders and Inhumans and tell me there's no difference with how the MCU films and the tv shows operate. I've seen all the episodes that have already aired.

Because of course the power levels and history of the majority of those characters required a scope and production value that equaled or surpasses the characters in the movies.

Oh wait...

I think we are going to see two Team up movies in the next Phase.

One Earth Based and one Cosmic.

Earth Based Team:Black Panther,ShangChi,Valkyrie,Spiderman,Scarlet,Falcon, Bucky

Cosmic Based Team: Captain Marvel,Dr Strange,Ikaris ,Sersi, Adam Warlock,Thor

I dont think any of them will have thier movies called Avengers though.
They should be called the Avengers imo especially the Earth based team.

Star Wars Rebels is a cartoon series. I am comparing live action film productions to live action tv productions. Not Avengers Endgame to Avengers Assemble.

Watch all the episodes of Aos, Agent Carter, Runaways, Cloak & Dagger, Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, The Defenders and Inhumans and tell me there's no difference with how the MCU films and the tv shows operate. I've seen all the episodes that have already aired.

The point is that it's made with a different mindset, by a different studio on a different budget for a different platform. You claim to have seen all the episodes that have aired, while not a single episode has aired of anything that's even remotely comparable to this project.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannnnman
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"