Michael Bay's '6 Underground'

StarLord

<<<<<<<<<<
Reaction score
Variety

''6 Underground” is a spec written by “Deadpool” and “Deadpool 2” scribes Paul Wernick and Rhett Reese.

The action movie is based on an original idea from Wernick and Reese, who will also executive produce. Skydance’s David Ellison, Dana Goldberg, and Don Granger will produce ‘6 Underground’ along with Bay.

Plot details are currently being kept under wraps. It is slated to go into production this summer with Skydance for a summer 2019 release.

Netflix, Michael Bay, Ryan Reynolds & Skydance Set Action Franchise ‘Six Underground’
In what would amount to its biggest budget feature project yet, Netflix is partnering with Skydance Media on Six Underground, an action thriller that Michael Bay will direct with Deadpool‘s Ryan Reynolds starring. Sources said the commitment here is in the $150M range, and Bay will start production this summer for 2019 release.

The project was developed by Skydance from a script by Deadpool screenwriters Paul Wernick and Rhett Reese, and it’s a high testosterone mission movie. Bay and Skydance announced in March their intentions to make the film together, with Skydance’s David Ellison, Dana Goldberg, and Don Granger will produce Six Underground along with Bay.

/film:
Ben Pearson said:
6 Underground

Variety reports that Bay has signed on for two new projects. First up will be 6 Underground, an action movie written by Deadpool writers Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick. They wrote the original film on spec, and while official details are being kept under wraps for now, Variety reporter Justin Kroll tweeted that “one source just told [him] 6 Underground was described as The Rock meets Suicide Squad“. So I’m guessing that means six soldier/outlaw types will have to go underground in order to pull off a heist or daring escape of some kind.

Production is set to begin this summer, and the film is planned to hit theaters in summer of 2019. It’s also worth pointing out that Skydance Media is producing 6 Underground, and they’re the same company that’s working on the new Terminator movie, which is also slated for that same summer 2019 spot on the release calendar. Since we haven’t heard many promising updates about that movie, does this mean that Skydance will drop 6 Underground into that slot instead and push the new Terminator back a bit more?

THR MAY 22, 2018:
Ryan Reynolds, Michael Bay Team for Skydance and Netflix's 'Six Underground'
Borys Kit said:
Sources say the plot revolves around six billionaires who fake their own deaths and form an elite team to take down bad guys.

Sources say the plot revolves around six billionaires who fake their own deaths and form an elite team to take down bad guys.
So we're watching a film about Bruce Wayne, Tony Stark, Oliver Queen, Adrian Veidt (Ozymandias), T'Challa and some other (currently unnamed) individual who fake their deaths, keep their money, join forces and fight bad guys (even though I know Ozymandias is kinda' a villain, he was a hero ones).

So we're watching a film about Bruce Wayne, Tony Stark, Oliver Queen, Adrian Veidt (Ozymandias), T'Challa and some other (currently unnamed) individual who fake their deaths, keep their money, join forces and fight bad guys (even though I know Ozymandias is kinda' a villain, he was a hero ones).

Yeah in the Collider article the author said "Who wants to root for billionaires" and everyone in the comments is pointing out the number of superhero billionaires that people generally like.

I mean this could be good. I do like a decent amount of Bay films. 13 Hours was cool.

It's probably gonna be decent at best

Michael Bay/Ryan Reynolds’ ‘Six Underground’ Starts Filming August 2nd In LA and Rome
Omega Underground has learned that filming is set to begin on August 2nd with locations that include Los Angeles, California and Rome, Italy.

We previously mentioned they have already assembled most of the crew with cinematographer Bojan Bazelli (The Ring, A Cure For Wellness, The Lone Ranger),production designer Jeffrey Beecroft (13 Hours, A Quiet Place, Twelve Monkeys), and stunt coordinator/second unit director Gregg Smrz (Mission: Impossible – Fallout, Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol).

i'm shocked they don't wanna go theatrical with this one. It could make some bank.

'Six Underground' adds Corey Hawkins, Adria Arjona and Manuel Garcia-Rulfo

Hawkins, best known for his critically acclaimed performance as Dr. Dre in “Straight Outta Compton,” will star in Spike Lee’s “BlacKKKlansman,” which debuted in competition at the 2018 Cannes Film Festival. He can next be seen in Christoph Waltz’s directorial debut “Georgetown.”

Arjona is coming off a breakout role in “Pacific Rim: Uprising,” and recently wrapped production on Netflix’s “Triple Frontier.”

Garcia-Rulfo’s past credits include “Sicario: Day of the Soldado,” “Murder on the Orient Express” and “The Magnificent Seven.”

Mélanie Laurent & Payman Maadi Join
https://deadline.com/2018/08/melanie-laurent-payman-maadi-join-ryan-reynolds-michael-bay-netflix-movie-6-underground-1202445797/amp/
Mélanie Laurent (Inglorious Basterds) and Payman Maadi (A Separation) are joining Ryan Reynolds in the cast of Michael Bay and Skydance’s big-budget Netflix movie 6 Underground.

The previously announced ensemble cast to date includes Corey Hawkins (BlacKkKlansman), Adria Arjona (Triple Frontier), Manuel Garcia-Rulfo (Sicario: Day Of The Soldado), Ben Hardy (X-Men: Apocalypse) Lior Raz (Fauda), and Dave Franco (Now You See Me).

Filming is due to begin later this month with a 2019 release on Netflix.

A bunch of footage on instagram. Bay seems to be destroying that italian town. lol

Basically a bunch of operatives are declared dead and use that to take out bad guys under the radar. I like that scene with the grenade and the giant magnet.

Did anyone else feel like that more closely resembled someone trying to be Bay than having it come from Bay himself?

Like the Hobbs & Shaw trailer.

Looks like fun. Love the cast, though I'm always wary of Bay. I'm guessing Franco dies (for real) at the beginning since it looks like he's barely in this?

Kick-ass trailer!
Looks like a return to form for Michael Bay, who in my opinion is an unfairly maligned director. Outside of the "Transformers" franchise, his good movies outnumber his bad movies.

Looks fine. Like how I feel about most Netflix Original Movies, I wouldn't pay to see it in theater but it looks "fine" enough to see it as part of a at home subscription.
The magnet scene was cool.

Looked a little different from a Bay film. Didn't have that "tint" they usually have. TLK didn't have it either really. Not gonna lie I kinda missed that.

It actually doesn't look much like a Bay film. If you didn't tell me it was a Michael Bay film, I wouldn't have guessed

I have to admit I appreciate Ryan Reynolds getting so much work lately if only because I find his shtick funny.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"