Michael Bay's '6 Underground'

Say what you want about Michael Bay (I'll forever defend his best work and his talent, despite his missteps), but the action in this look absolutely SPECTACULAR!

God the scope of the action in this looks beyond insane and I love the fact that it's also a hard R. It definitely would have been nice to see this one on a legit IMAX screen along with some rumbling, Dolby seats as well.

Another cool trailer, it's unashamedly stylized with huge action spectacle, looking forward to it! :D

Reynolds is on the Today show now talking about the movie.

Watching it now, that opening car chase is peak Bay and this is without doubt the goriest film he's ever made. In the first 10 minutes there are bodies bouncing off buildings, being impaled on forklift forks and backhoe buckets, eyeballs bouncing around, burning bloody bodies flying out of exploding cars, crushed noses...its like every bloody thing Bay ever wanted to do in a chase scene but couldnt because of the MPAA and studio execs.

Yeah Reynolds did say this was the craziest car chase you've probably ever seen.

I’m about 15 minutes in and it’s INSANE. Loving it so far. I just want to know how much Bay had to pay the city of Florence after he destroyed it, lol.

That opening car chase was ****ing nuts. Definitely the goriest and most violent action sequence Bay has done since Bad Boys 2 which honestly still seems pretty tame comparison. I have never seen so many people getting bounced around by cars and impaled by random sharp objects. It's a shame that it kind of piques with that action scene, although I did enjoy the bit at the end with Ship magnet.

This was pretty good. Like most Netflix films that aren't their prestige pieces I say/think the same thing
"It's fine. If I paid to see it in theaters or rented it I'd be mad. But it's fine"

The action was cool. The car chase at the beginning was crazy...but Bay still hasn't topped the Bad Boys II chase. Still a top 5 car chase. The characters were nice for the most part, except for Three. He got really annoying after a while.
The pacing/structure was weird. I like Bay, but he's not a good enough director to do the non-linear style. I think the movie would've went better that, save for One and Seven, we didn't get flashbacks to the other member's backstories. I think it just burned time and didn't add much. And did Five even get one? She wasn't used very well in this.

I would like to see a sequel. I think they set up a very interesting world here.

The Aviation Gin product placement was funny tho.

I feel like this wasn't promoted a lot. Especially compared to something like Bright. With how much this cost I would've thought Netflix would've really pushed this

UYl4roq.png

I actually fully agree with this

Bay is incompetent enough within the studio system, so I’m not surprised he’s more so left to his own devices.

He’s not even a good action director. His action is horribly directed. Transformers fights are incoherent blobs of splashy CGI where you can’t tell wtf is going on.

Bay is incompetent enough within the studio system, so I’m not surprised he’s more so left to his own devices.

He’s not even a good action director. His action is horribly directed. Transformers fights are incoherent blobs of splashy CGI where you can’t tell wtf is going on.

too much shaky cam. I do love the look of Aamir Mokri’s work in his films though. Everything looks so polished but as you said, the Bay’s totally chaotic, extremely and unnecessarily deafening sounds and throw it all up on screen with no logic or flow behind the choreography type approach make his films more or a headache than a joy to watch

I thought this was unbearable. Narratively, it's an incompetently edited and horribly paced mess of a film.

I watched the first 15-20 mins and wow the dialogue is absolutely some of the worst trash I have heard in a while. This is top level crap dialogue even for a Bay film. His worst tendencies are already on display

I personally thought it was awesome as heck the stunts and violence were so cartoony over the top I loved it, as well as the humor when it showed up. the cast was good I like the french chick she was bad ass oh and best use of the THX theme EVER!

in the first 60 minutes i noticed 2 safety glasses in front of the camera and 2 times filming lights in frame. Bay got very lazy. The editing was to fast even for Bay. The violence is fun to see just to understand Bay. he is insane right? This movie proves that the only reason Bay has a career is because of notes and the producers and studio executives told him ''NO'' during filming.

-in the beginning they show in slow motion close up how the side mirror on the car gets destroyed. then the next shots the car has it.
-Dave Franco who drives the car has a hat. in the next scene he doesnt have the hat,in the next one he has it. this happens around 5 times. why the f... did Bay give him a hat?
-cars crashing into chairs creates explosions?

Last edited:
Yeah I noticed the hat thing in the opening chase a lot.
I usually don't notice goofs, but that one was super obvious

This did make remind me how bummed I am that Bay isn't doing Bad Boys 3

What’s with the critics on this? I’ve literally just finished watching this and I thought it was brilliant!

Everything you need for a fast-paced action flick. Sure, the narrative may have lacked a little and the prologues seemed a bit out of place a little, but we needed that backstory to support the cast.

Regardless, this one is an easy 8/10 from me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"