New Coke - From Zombieland/Deadpool Team

Sawyer

Definitely Not 40
Reaction score
http://deadline.com/2015/04/new-coke-deadpool-paul-wernick-rhett-reese-1201417236/
‘Deadpool’ Scribes Wernick & Reese Uncap Pic On Disastrous New Coke Launch

EXCLUSIVE: Paul Wernick & Rhett Reese, the scribes behind Zombieland and the X-Men spinoff Deadpool, next will craft a movie about the disastrous launch of New Coke, perhaps the worst product introduction since the Edsel. Last week marked the 30th anniversary of when Coca Cola veered from the secret formula that had been around since the 1890s, to unveil what the company hoped would be a new and improved drink for a younger generation. It went so flat it imperiled its venerable market leading soft drink.

The scribes have used their own money to option the Thomas Oliver book The Real Coke, The Real Story. Oliver was the business reporter for the Atlanta Journal Constitution who covered the company closely when the so-called improved formula was introduced and summarily rejected by Coke drinkers. The duo will write the script and produce a period piece set in the vibrant 80s that will convey how a perceived threat by number two rival Pepsi driven home by a clever “Pepsi Challenge” marketing campaign led to corporate panic, even though Coke was outselling its rival two to one. Fox’s Deadpool, with Ryan Reynolds starring and Tim Miller directing, is currently in production and will be released February 12, 2016. WME reps the scribes, who also scripted G.I. Joe: Retaliation.
Lawd.

I remember that product launch.

If I recall, their own research said something like 60% of Coke drinkers preferred New Coke in tests, but their biggest mistake when rolling out New Coke was discontinuing the original. Even if their testing was accurate that meant 40% of their existing market didn't like New Coke. If they had kept the original when releasing New Coke it might have survived or it might have just been another failed new flavor of pop and the damage would have been minimal.

I know I hated it and switched to Pepsi for a time.

Here's a brief history for those who weren't around.

[YT]W6t7deaplgY[/YT]

Isn't 'New Coke' Diet Coke now? It's the same formula, I was told.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"