The Dark Knight Michael Jai White Cast in TDK

I'm black and I'm happy Nolan won't jump on the bandwagon of hiring music artist with no proven acting background to play in the movie to gain more audience members.

We don't need sucky rappers acting. I like hip hop, but this fool isn't needed to show his grill, bling, or whatever on film.

Real actors that care about the purity of the franchise only.

I really didn't like the interview i saw Banner in. Some crap about how he was gonna smack Batman in the mouth, and his genreal cocky attitude. Didn't like him.

That's true.

Lucas has a love-hate relationship with Star Wars, I think. He loves the idea, but when he created it he didn't know he was creating his life's work. He thought he'd make the movie and then move on to other things. But he had so much story that he realized it would be a series, assuming his first one did well enough, so he started with ANH. But making the movie the way he wanted to was stressful and he had a heart attack and ILM pissed him off on that first movie, and nothing worked right and he just got disgusted with directing and decided to hire another guy to do ESB for him. By ROTJ was sick of doing SW and ended the series.

It was Jurassic Park that convinced him the technology had reached a point that making Star Wars movies wouldn't be painful or quite so stressful for him anymore, so he started getting excited about it again and there was a market out there for the prequels, so he did them. He was originally going to do TPM to set the tone (as he had done with ANH) and then hand the reins over, but Spielberg said he ought to do them all himself, and after TPM Lucas had to admit that he'd had fun doing it. So he decided to just plow on.

But yes, he wanted to get it over with so he could finally close that chapter of his life after 30 years. But I don't think Lucas will ever really be free of Star Wars. I think he loves it, he just hates that it took up so much of his life. And yet I do think he's proud of it, too.

I don't care what people say about him, I love the guy. I have incredible respect and admiration for him; working on a cohesive project for the better part of 30 years is a pretty remarkable accomplishment. Whether I agreed with all his decisions or not, they were always his to make.

Anyone who hasn't watched 1-6 in order definitely should, it's pretty amazing. There are so many parallels that are really striking (one of my favorites being Anakin v Dooku in front of Palpatine/Luke v Vader in front of Palpatine).

Don't bother feeding the troll.

ahhahha thats funny i am trolling??

right because acting like an immature ignoramous saying stupid **** like " this is the worst thread ever" when i mereley stated something i felt about the charcter in the movies

nice try though buddy.

I've liked this guy ever since "Tyson".. :p

and BTW, Banner was pretty good in "Black Snake Moan". Don't say anything about his acting skills unless you've seen him in that..

-TNC

Keyser Sushi you are the man. You have quite eloquently put forward many of my feelings on the Star Wars prequels. One can often see potential in actors who are stifled by poor scripts and limited direction. George Clooney comes to mind. A decent actor, but when stuck with the script and director he had in B&R how could it be anything but trash? Could Christian Bale have done any better with that material.
he auditioned for robin in batman forever

what a bullet to dodge

If the speculation about a fight is correct........I wonder what weapon or advantage Gamble will use against Batman. I doubt he's just one unarmed regular dude up against the Bat, no matter how combat proficient he is he should have some cool advantage to make the scene more interesting and even-sided.

If the speculation about a fight is correct........I wonder what weapon or advantage Gamble will use against Batman. I doubt he's just one unarmed regular dude up against the Bat, no matter how combat proficient he is he should have some cool advantage to make the scene more interesting and even-sided.
If David Banner was up for the role, I kind of doubt a major fight scene employing martial arts is in the movie.

Just sayin'.

^ True, but conversely if there IS a major fight scene it would make a lot of sense to cast MJW over Banner. The logic in Gamble putting up a fight with Batman is that if not him, then who else? There needs to be at least one capable combatant in the movie so unless AMH is Deadshot or something its a pretty good chance that Gamble is someone up made-up to physically threaten Batman (without having to do justice to Killer Croc or some other established and physically inclined villain.)

probably he's that guy batman chucked down the bell tower in 1989, back for revenge

I hope they redeem Spawn too. Cant wait to see Spawn Begins.
I love the HBO Spawn than the horrible embarassing movie.

When was the last time you felt only one emotion at a time? Anakin was obviously conflicted. That was the point, man - he KNEW he'd done wrong, he was horrified with his actions, but at the same time he'd crossed a line that he knew he could never un-cross. He'd done something he could never undo. Crossed the point of no return.

I once had a nightmare that I killed a man in anger, and that my best friend drove me out of the state. But as we rode away in the car I was sitting there horrified at myself over what I had done, knowing that I would never be free of the blood on my hands. That my soul was damaged and I could never be the same person ever again. That was a horrible nightmare. When I saw Episode III, that "what have I done" scene brought that feeling back. That's exactly what Anakin was going through.

That point, I concede. ;)

Alright, I gotcha. But, there's still Anakin turning to the Dark Side to save Padme, then an hour later is choking Padme to death, and then after that he's mad that Padme's gone.

But I disgress, I really enjoy Revenge of the Sith. The Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones are so-so for me.

Cockney possibly. Not impressed with his performance.

>sigh< I was waiting for a post like this.

Personally, I thought it was great.

You do get that it's a homage by QT to the over the top Shaw Brothers style of villains, don't you.

Jai White's performance was almost beat perfect.

I've liked this guy ever since "Tyson".. :p

and BTW, Banner was pretty good in "Black Snake Moan". Don't say anything about his acting skills unless you've seen him in that..

-TNC

thank you at least oine person on the forum isnt a complete ignorant *******

half of you have never seen him act so stop assuming like ****ing 12 year olds

YOU GUYS ARE ALLL JUDGING DAVID BANNER WHEN HE HASNT EVEN FOR REAL ACTED IN ANYTHING BIGT

so why not give the man a chance for crying out loud

my god this place is full of jerks and ignorants i dont even know why i come here for crying out loud

id heard from comingsoon.net that this place wasnt exactly the best place but damn i should have listened ot them

Calm down. Instead of making broad generalizations, why don't you settle in and get to know a few folks around here. There are many good people around the hype.

I don't care what people say about him, I love the guy. I have incredible respect and admiration for him; working on a cohesive project for the better part of 30 years is a pretty remarkable accomplishment. Whether I agreed with all his decisions or not, they were always his to make.

Anyone who hasn't watched 1-6 in order definitely should, it's pretty amazing. There are so many parallels that are really striking (one of my favorites being Anakin v Dooku in front of Palpatine/Luke v Vader in front of Palpatine).

Oh, for real... there are a LOT of those... a lot of the stuff in the podrace is echoed by the speeder bike chase... the scene where Qui-Gon dies in Obi-Wan's arms is almost shot-for-shot Vader's death in Luke's arms; the funeral pyre of Qui-Gon and the funeral pyre of Vader; the queen's ship leaving the hangar in TPM and the Falcon leaving Echo base; Lando and Nien Nunb escaping the Death Star II explosion and Anakin and R2 escaping the droid control ship; the things Dooku rips off the wall in AOTC and the things Vader rips off the wall in ESB... I could go on and on. :o

I just watched "Universal Soldier 2" and MJW's final fight against Van Damme was pretty good. He did this badass jumping kick that has to be seen to believe. There's also a special feature on the DVD that shows him training. Please let there be a fight between him and Batman. Oh, and Universal Soldier 2 sucked (besides the final fight).

Oh, for real... there are a LOT of those... a lot of the stuff in the podrace is echoed by the speeder bike chase... the scene where Qui-Gon dies in Obi-Wan's arms is almost shot-for-shot Vader's death in Luke's arms; the funeral pyre of Qui-Gon and the funeral pyre of Vader; the queen's ship leaving the hangar in TPM and the Falcon leaving Echo base; Lando and Nien Nunb escaping the Death Star II explosion and Anakin and R2 escaping the droid control ship; the things Dooku rips off the wall in AOTC and the things Vader rips off the wall in ESB... I could go on and on. :o
Please don't.:oldrazz:

I just watched "Universal Soldier 2" and MJW's final fight against Van Damme was pretty good. He did this badass jumping kick that has to be seen to believe. There's also a special feature on the DVD that shows him training. Please let there be a fight between him and Batman. Oh, and Universal Soldier 2 sucked (besides the final fight).

I know the kick that you speak of - Indeed, it is great to watch. His build in Universal Soldier 2 is something to behold also; yeah, that training bit on the dvd extras is good.

Van Damme mustve developed an inferiority complex on the set of that movie, because Jai White had him outclassed in every department (save for wages).

It's funny that MJW is actually at the beginning of the original Universal Soldier film.

David Banner isn't that bad, he was decent in Black Snake Moan. Plus he's not just some thug rapper the guy is pretty educated.

Nice try. :)
...but I own my own home, and my 'basement' is a fully functional work studio..I make costumes for a living...that means it's my full time job, and I sure, I enjoy costuming on a personal level and dont take myself too seriously because of it...but that's just me. I have fun with it as do many others.
You dont have to feel the same way I or many others do about costuming but no need for sarcasm. If we're posting on the same message boards then chances are we dig superhero's on a generic level. You may read comics for instance, which is cool...I on the other hand havent in over 20 years. Neither of those senarios warrents being frowned upon. It's more about keeping the dream alive and enjoying these films, comics or characters as we all see fit or choose to for ourselves.

Peace.

David

Cat_owns_squirrel_Owned.jpg

Damn how many gangs will there be in this movie???!!! 5???:eek: You got the black gang with Gamble. The Italians with Sal Maroni. The Joker gang, Scarecrow gang, Chechnyan gang, and the Azn gang???!!! Damn this movie going to be ill!!! One thing I notice about the plot, that its alot similar to what happen in Hurrican Katrina! They was this huge disaster that nearly wiped out the police force and the gangs pretty much took over!!! They had to bring in the national guard just like in TDK!

I think the whole gang war scenario comes from Dark Victory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"