MICHAEL KEATON RETURNS (or at least in discussion) AS BATMAN

Pattinson feels less intense than Keaton and Affleck, but he keeps the very monosyllabic/lonely/isolated quality that Keaton pioneered. Keaton and Rob, similarly, are hermits as Bruce Wayne, with no public persona to speak of.
Keaton and Pattinson definitely both best exuded that air of loneliness.

Is Keaton likely to get another project? (if he still wants one that is)

nope. Keaton was pretty much the main focus of The Flash marketing and the film utterly bombed. His Batman has no pull

I don’t necessarily think that’s true. Even with how it’s going, Keaton is still pretty much the one thing people are praising.
I think the Ezra situation just hurt the film a lot. Plus it’s Ezra’s film. No matter how many people love Keaton, that was never going to outweigh the Ezra situation. It’s unfair to say he no longer has any pull when it isnt his film. Ezra is the star and a lot of people are not seeing it because of them.

Affleck was by far the most intimidating Batman on screen. I was having trouble uploading the gif of him tied up right before Superman showed up, and while he’s turning his head you get a beautiful shot of the cowl.

That's a nice thought. Btw, do you know how tiny Jenna Ortega is? She's 4' 11" - 5' 1" (depending on the website)! Not saying she couldn't do it - heck Keaton's not 6' 2" either! :yay:

Yeah, size is no problem, and with Beetlejuice 2 I think it's ingenious what they're doing which I think could work for a Keaton Batman project.

Something like a low-budget one & done legacy sequel in the vein of Afterlife, SCREAM, etc. starring Keaton & someone like Ortega.

Plus it would fit Keaton's pattern of doing father & daughter stories.

I don’t necessarily think that’s true. Even with how it’s going, Keaton is still pretty much the one thing people are praising.
I think the Ezra situation just hurt the film a lot. Plus it’s Ezra’s film. No matter how many people love Keaton, that was never going to outweigh the Ezra situation. It’s unfair to say he no longer has any pull when it isnt his film. Ezra is the star and a lot of people are not seeing it because of them.

I think that the news of the reboot may have also played a big factor. A lot of CBM, studios and fans focus more in world building and setting up what's next to come. Many are aware there's no future in the wider DCU for these characters and may not go see it or wait until it's released. Interconnectivity is cool but telling a cohesive story needs to be central. I think it's a shame because you can see that despite the flaws the actors put effort and there could have been more for these characters.

I wish to see Keaton in a Batman Beyond movie and would love to see Sascha as Supergirl and take a break from a male Superman for a while that may not live to people's expectations and what Cavill did before.

A lot of my high school students love Keaton Batman and prefer him over Bale/Pattinson/Affleck.

I personally loved what Andy did with Batman. He modernized it a bit to fit with the landscape that Snyder started. I really enjoyed seeing a more agile side to Keatons Batman and see him stand toe to toe against Kryptonians. I also enjoyed the choreography and look of Affleck's Batman. Batman and Supergirl were the best part of the film and am (cautiously) optimistic that he will do well with his Batman movie.

The Batgirl BTS looks beautiful as well and more aligned with what Burton laid out.

Last edited:
I personally loved what Andy did with Batman. He modernized it a bit to fit with the landscape that Snyder started. I really enjoyed seeing a more agile side to Keatons Batman and see him stand toe to toe against Kryptonians.
Nice to hear. I look forward to seeing it!
I also enjoyed the choreography and look of Affleck's Superman.
??

I feel like I've never seen this before? Swear it's not on the old dvd doc from 60 minutes or whatever from '92...

It's definitely on the DVD extras, I don't think it was a part of the TV making-of special... which actually has an edit on the DVD version.

In the original airing (which I used to have a copy of), Michelle admits to having accidentally drawn blood with her whip... this admission is deleted on the version that's on the DVD lol

I always loved that BTS video. And the one with him e a lining Catwoman’s claw and licking it :funny:

We're in the worst timeline... Keaton looks so much better in Batgirl. Truly Burton-esque. I can't believe there is an entire movie out there featuring a Keaton Batman performance and we'll just... never see it.

WB have survived worse movies and they have the Elseworlds label there for a reason. I don't care how bad they thought this movie was. It should have been released in some capacity.

Zaslav misjudged this one badly.

Last edited:

Exactly this. I’d actually say we’d be looking at a Shazam 2 opening of 30M+ if there wasn’t a Keaton Batman appearance.

Nice to hear. I look forward to seeing it!

??

aflecjsu2.jpg

This is HUGE!

Michael Keaton just became this movie’s selling point. I’m interested to see where they will go with this. Love the fact that it’s going to ignore Batman Forever and Batman & Robin entirely and pick up from Batman Returns. Would be cool to see Michelle Pfeiffer come back in some capacity
Yeah, but for me, Michael Keaton, Val Kilmer, and George Clooney are the same Batman, and besides, The Flash was retconned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Francuz231
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"