MICHAEL KEATON RETURNS (or at least in discussion) AS BATMAN

I’m surprised more people isn’t discussing how terrible Ben Affleck’s suit looked. It probably looked better on paper, but when he stood still in the daytime he looked stupid. The cowl just keep getting worse for him too.

I’m surprised more people isn’t discussing how terrible Ben Affleck’s suit looked. It probably looked better on paper, but when he stood still in the daytime he looked stupid. The cowl just keep getting worse for him too.

Why was it soooo textured and lumpy? It looked like the Halloween version of his BvS mask had a mold swap out with the BB mask.

My entire theater came alive whenever Keaton was on screen. When he delivered the “I’m Batman” line people cheered and applauded. People love this guy as Batman. WB needs to do more with him.
I absolutely believe that the studios have people scanning forums like this one. Lets hope Warners show some sense and realise what they have here...

I always believed that his Batman was superior to Bales’ because he didn’t need a Lucious Fox. He solved the puzzles and was a true detective and he created all his own weapons and gadgets. I liked Bale, but always loved Keaton! Probably because I grew up on Keaton.

Technically, Bale's Bruce did a lot of that stuff himself. Bruce was the one who developed that sonar technology used in The Dark Knight and kept it a secret from Lucius. Also, he finished fixing The Bat's ejection tech so he didn't die in the nuclear explosion. Lucius was not able to figure that out.

Also, he did a lot more detective work in The Dark Knight to try and track the Joker.

Technically, Bale's Bruce did a lot of that stuff himself. Bruce was the one who developed that sonar technology used in The Dark Knight and kept it a secret from Lucius. Also, he finished fixing The Bat's ejection tech so he didn't die in the nuclear explosion. Lucius was not able to figure that out.

Also, he did a lot more detective work in The Dark Knight to try and track the Joker.

in the dark knight he took lucious invention and just perfected it to find the joker. The original invention was Lucious. He did fix the eject tech though. I liked Bale, I just felt he was too dependent on Lucious. I liked Affleck’s Batman as well. I think he finally got it. It’s a pity we won’t see more of him. I honestly think we will though. I think that once they finish the initial phase of Gun’s new DCU that they will build up to an injustice movie with the Snyder verse characters.

in the dark knight he took lucious invention and just perfected it to find the joker. The original invention was Lucious. He did fix the eject tech though. I liked Bale, I just felt he was too dependent on Lucious. I liked Affleck’s Batman as well. I think he finally got it. It’s a pity we won’t see more of him. I honestly think we will though. I think that once they finish the initial phase of Gun’s new DCU that they will build up to an injustice movie with the Snyder verse characters.

That still took some development ambition and initiative on his part.

Agreed but I’m sure it’s technically meant to be the same version. He has everything the Burton version has. If they wanted it to be a separate version, I’m sure they would have made that more obvious. But it’s all up to the viewer, I guess.

They got the suit right the first time. Why did they make additional changes and ruin the suit more and more?

Affleck's suit looked kind of silly, but then so did the scenes it was in. And he hasn't really ever looked great as Batman when he's not drenched in shadow. Look what Snyder did in the assembly shot of Justice League to hide half the suit. Even the memorial park sequence is like half in shadow when they're close on him.

Affleck hasn't really ever looked great as Batman when he's not drenched in shadow. Look what Snyder did in the assembly shot of Justice League to hide half the suit. Even the memorial park sequence is like half in shadow when they're close on him.
The only suit I think Affleck looked really good in was the armoured suit in BvS.

There are definitely shots he looks fantastic in. However they are usually not in garish light, they're lit so the suit is heavily shadowed and essentially a silhouette.

Although he did look pretty good in motion in The Flash. Very comic booky.

Last edited:
I think I would rather believe this is a Keaton Batman variant and not the one we saw at the end of Returns.

THAT version still has one more story to tell.

He was a Keaton Batman, sure. '89 and Returns happened to him, but in a totally different world.

That's what he was explaining to the Barrys, and why he compared it to spaghetti. Barry's time travel caused timelines to intermix. Michael Keaton's Batman is not supposed to inhabit a world that eventually became just like the Snyderverse. General Zod was not supposed to arrive and destroy everything. What we're seeing in this movie is a new universe... and the Batman who shows up at the end is proof that the timeline is still jumbled up, now it's just jumbled up in a way that wasn't a total disaster.

It's been said a million times, but Keaton for old man Bruce Wayne in a Batman Beyond movie. The opening scene with Keaton as Batman in his final fight, having to point a gun at someone to stay alive... Idk, it could be really amazing.

He was a Keaton Batman, sure. '89 and Returns happened to him, but in a totally different world.

That's what he was explaining to the Barrys, and why he compared it to spaghetti. Barry's time travel caused timelines to intermix. Michael Keaton's Batman is not supposed to inhabit a world that eventually became just like the Snyderverse. General Zod was not supposed to arrive and destroy everything. What we're seeing in this movie is a new universe... and the Batman who shows up at the end is proof that the timeline is still jumbled up, now it's just jumbled up in a way that wasn't a total disaster.
so basically...
a77e2752-32ee-4afc-9706-50c870ae0b0d_text.gif

Reactions: B

I'd dispute that given the Batman that showed up..

:D

I think I would rather believe this is a Keaton Batman variant and not the one we saw at the end of Returns.

THAT version still has one more story to tell.

I'd go with this as well, no problem with this version of Keaton's Batman we saw, but the line about Gotham being one of the safest cities in the world now, I didn't really care for.. almost like he'd won. Keaton's original Gotham still had a lot of story to tell IMO.

This sort of thing highlights why the likes of Flash, No Way Home & Endgame from a story perspective are so convoluted, because they create more questions than answers.. which if you plan on actually exploring these alternate timelines, realities & characters is fine, however when you are only doing one & done.. well it makes you think less of the overall story, at least I do anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"