• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Milly Alcock IS Supergirl/Kara Zor-El

mixed feelings on Meg Donnelly... she was cool in that Supernatural spin off show, but, she's also did all those Zombies (high school musical) Disney movies
How does this need to be reminded everytime. The tv **** that actors did as kids really means nothing to them as adults. The best example is...EVERY Aussie actor in Hollywood. They all came from terrible living by the beach soap highschool dramas. (Yes the EVERY is a joke but it's like 99% correct).

mixed feelings on Meg Donnelly... she was cool in that Supernatural spin off show, but, she's also did all those Zombies (high school musical) Disney movies
Jacob Elordi starred in The Kissing Both series and is now one of Hollywood’s hottest stars.

It's not like at that age there are many other opportunities. Ryan Gosling used to be a Disney Channel star too.

And let's not forget this life changing role as well.

017845f9-ac02-4d3d-91cc-c567c22c6a84.5bc5c5d9d698926e5d152f6144b0c268.jpeg

It's not like at that age there are many other opportunities. Ryan Gosling used to be a Disney Channel star too.
The Zombie movie was like 2 years ago ... It's different then Gosling doing them 10-15 years ago

just saying I haven't seen enough range of different roles to judge by, yet

not saying anyone who ever done a Disney show or movie is automatically a bad actor

it take years for some of these actors to move past their childhood roles, and be taken serious as adult actors

yes, they have to be given a chance to prove themselves... but, I'll reserve judgement til they get a little more work under their belt {is all I'm saying}

did Gosling go straight from Flash Forward to The Notebook? no, even he had to pay his dues working his way up to more serious roles

Going from a Disney lead to Supergirl isn't that jarring of a transition. Even the outfit isn't that far off.

k3.png

Coincidence.. shes also the voice of Supergirl in Crisis on Infinite Earths Part One. It just came out this week.

coie 1.jpg

Supergirl is the main focus of Part Two. Good movie.

Why does Sam Worthington’s name keep coming up? Yes, I know he’s been in the two biggest movies of all time. But it’s also true that practically any actor could have played that part and those movies would have made just as much money.

And can at least ONE of the actors playing Apollo or Midnighter be queer? I don’t think that’s too much to ask.

Why does Sam Worthington’s name keep coming up? Yes, I know he’s been in the two biggest movies of all time. But it’s also true that practically any actor could have played that part and those movies would have made just as much money.

And can at least ONE of the actors playing Apollo or Midnighter be queer? I don’t think that’s too much to ask.
Brian Jordan Alvarez if you want a great actor and comedic actor that is also gay and does great work. Big fan of his, he recently went viral with some silly songs but I suggest checking out his previous no budget films.

Brian Jordan Alvarez if you want a great actor and comedic actor that is also gay and does great work. Big fan of his, he recently went viral with some silly songs but I suggest checking out his previous no budget films.

Not familiar with his work but I just looked him up and he’s a hottie so hell yeah, haha. I still love Lee Pace and Luke Evans for Apollo and Midnighter, respectively, though there are plenty of other great choices. Andrew Scott might make an interesting Midnighter. I could also see Luke McFarlane or Zane Phillips as Apollo.

If they cast a British actress, what do you guys think about her keeping her natural accent as Kara?

Would instantly set Kara apart from Clark as coming Krypton, I think.

Very similar to the conversations on here.

Repeating myself: I’d prefer Kara to be tall. But I’d settle for average height. (Benoist was fine). However, all the leading contenders are short. :skeptical:

Dude in video lists the actresses’ heights. But I think he gave them all extra inches.

Jonathan

Jonathan Groff and Luke Evans

Last edited:
I'm fine with either choice, I like Donnelly visually better for Supergirl, but I'm more familiar with Alcock's work.

Apparently emilia jones and Cailee Spaeny are no longer up for it. Still think Milly would be the best bet. Hopefully they also have a director or at least in discussions.

Not familiar with either actresses work(at least in live action). I know Donnelly strictly through her work as Supergirl in the animated Tommorow-Verse films, and would think it’d be pretty fitting having someone who’s already had experience playing the part being choosen. I’m sure either actresses would work in the role, but I’m on team Donnelly since I do like her visually more than Millie but I’d be fine with Milly as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"