• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

New Mutants New Mutants News and Discussion - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its not like we didn't have the MCU showing how it should be done.

LOL yeah, and people on those boards still are skeptical that MCU will get the X-Men right.
I even remember when the rumors of the deal were announced, there were some people angry that New Mutants deserves a trilogy. Three movies of New Mutants? They can't get the first movie right, and suddenly they deserve two more movies under Fox?

This is mostly like a 1 and done. Unless its really cheap to make and Fox managed to film a second film before Disney starts calling the shots.

Would there be costumes for the New Mutants now that the mad dictator has been fired?

I wish, but not at this point. This still remains a dark movie set mostly inside a hospital. We are limited by the boundaries of this setting. I wouldn't rule it out completely though, as changes are being made at a furious pace. There are costume designs/mockups that exist. At the very least these will be released in some form at some point.

I don't even get why they are in a hospital. They should be X-Men Jr. living in the mansion being supervised by Xavier or a X-Men figure, that's the premise of the new mutants.

Well, does that mean it will be the same Colossus from Deadpool? I mean, I don't see him have more than a few scenes, if it's set in a hospital.

Wow, that's really ... much. If it's a 120 minutes movie, they are changing 45-60 minutes of it. WOW.

Again things could change, but at this point I'd estimate somewhere between 40-50% of the movie is being altered in one form or another.

Would the film's reshoots be very noticeable? That it would be obvious to see that the film was retooled in order to salvage it.

I don't even get why they are in a hospital. They should be X-Men Jr. living in the mansion being supervised by Xavier or a X-Men figure, that's the premise of the new mutants.

They're in the facility because a certain someone said they could make it work on a low budget, and made believers out of Fox execs. We warned them not to buy into that charlatans vision.

Yeah from what it sounds like, Boone really sucked and Fox likes to save money never mind if it holds back the property. I seriously doubt Boone really read the comics in the first place. That's like settingup the X-Men in a circus as slaves in the first film. I just don't think setting them up in a hospital is the most logical thing to do especially in their debut film.

Well, does that mean it will be the same Colossus from Deadpool? I mean, I don't see him have more than a few scenes, if it's set in a hospital.

IDK yet if we're going to get Kapicic or recast. But he'll look the same. I really hope we get SK.

Would the film's reshoots be very noticeable? That it would be obvious to see that the film was retooled in order to salvage it.

Yes, the changes will be quite noticeable. But at the same time we're not aiming to make it obvious that it was retooled to salvage it. The changes will be there, but we're going to make them as seamless as possible.

The original cut must be really bad. Good God, Fox!

It was an awkward, jumbled mess. I've not seen any of jb's other work, but just based on what he put together here... Well he should never ever be allowed near a property that is not of his own creation. He didn't know anything about the New Mutants or care in the least about the property.

It was an awkward, jumbled mess. I've not seen any of jb's other work, but just based on what he put together here... Well he should never ever be allowed near a property that is not of his own creation. He didn't know anything about the New Mutants or care in the least about the property.

Find that pretty damn hard to believe.

Man this is sad to hear. It really felt like he was the one. Honestly i was so excited to see a dark horror X-men movie.Too bad JB couldnt deliver on it. He seemed nice too.

LOL yeah, and people on those boards still are skeptical that MCU will get the X-Men right.
I even remember when the rumors of the deal were announced, there were some people angry that New Mutants deserves a trilogy. Three movies of New Mutants? They can't get the first movie right, and suddenly they deserve two more movies under Fox?

They never got a trilogy right. The Last Stand sucks; Apocalypse sucks and X-Men Origins: Wolverine sucks.

And the New Mutants would be off to a disastrous start.

I also still find it odd that Cecilia Reyes is a villain in this. What a random choice. Is there any chance that she's under control by someone else?

Yeah ikr. So does this mean all the talk about reading New Mutants since he was kid with Knate Lee was all made up Bullcrap? Dang.

I doubt it. The dude posted trades of his X-Men collection that he had for years on Instagram.

Simon Kinberg talks about growing up reading X-Men comics all the time, and look at his vision of the property.

Josh Boone talking about reading New Mutants doesn't mean much. It's actually the typical thing they say to make the fans feel more confident. Didn't Kinberg and Trank talked about the comics before coming up with a dark horror version of FF?

And for all we know, maybe Boone did read them and loved the comics, but maybe he wanted to do his own thing with the property and characters, the same way they wanted to reinvent the Fantastic Four.

Didn't the report from early screening said this is good (but not great)? How come it become a disaster now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"