NFL Offseason & Waiting for the Swifties Return Thread

NFL approves new kickoff rule. Eliminates surprise onside kicks and those can only be tried in the 4th quarter.

@P Supreme what's the local speculation on the G's plan for the draft?

Man, I can't believe that there are 4 QBs who could go in the first 4-6 picks. I just can't see AZ moving out of the 4 spot without getting a major haul because that would (probably) mean them moving off Harrison. If AZ stands pat, would the Vikes try to move up to the Chargers and grab the last of the top 4 QBs? The Chargers really need a WR and if they traded down to 11 with the Vikes, I think the top 3 receivers could be gone. Maybe the Giants could stand pat at 6 and get their QB???

Last edited:
Hip Drop tackle is now a 15 yard penalty...

I've seen some boneheaded decisions by the NFL in my lifetime, but this decision is a contender for the worst. Defenders already to have to worry about getting too high for fear of getting a penalty for a clothesline, hands to the face, and helmet-to-helmet. Now they're supposed to make sure that their lower body doesn't hit the ground before the ball carrier, or it could be called a hip drop. A huge percentage of tackles that happen from behind or from a side angle will be in danger of a penalty. It's inevitable that an important game will be decided by a silly hip drop penalty. The NFL never misses a chance to make their product worse.

I've seen some boneheaded decisions by the NFL in my lifetime, but this decision is a contender for the worst. Defenders already to have to worry about getting too high for fear of getting a penalty for a clothesline, hands to the face, and helmet-to-helmet. Now they're supposed to make sure that their lower body doesn't hit the ground before the ball carrier, or it could be called a hip drop. A huge percentage of tackles that happen from behind or from a side angle will be in danger of a penalty. It's inevitable that an important game will be decided by a silly hip drop penalty. The NFL never misses a chance to make their product worse.
Yeah......I'm a little bit torn on this one. I know the league is trying to make the game safer and I like that, but it's a violent game and things happen. It'll be interesting to see what the players and coaches come up with to minimize the penalties. Perhaps the right technique will be to exaggerate the swivel to try and clear landing on the back of the legs. My understanding is that as long as they hit the ground, that it's not a penalty.

Coming soon, the quarterback sack will be outlawed.

i did not like losing queen or stone, but i'm super stoked to see Henry in the all black
I tend to focus on teams that kinda suck and that isn't the Ravens, but, to me, I'd be concerned about losses on defense and their O line. Henry may carry the load for a couple of years. I dunno, I feel like they may have taken a step back. I don't know about their draft plans, but where do you see them going?

I tend to focus on teams that kinda suck and that isn't the Ravens, but, to me, I'd be concerned about losses on defense and their O line. Henry may carry the load for a couple of years. I dunno, I feel like they may have taken a step back. I don't know about their draft plans, but where do you see them going?

i'm not sure. They picked up a solid RB, and one who can block. Jackson did much better in the pocket last year, but losing his #1 in Andrews definitely hurt. Queen and Stone were big last year. But we still have Roquan, and Hamilton, who i really like. wouldn't mind picking up a steal on the defensive side, even if only for a 1-2 year deal. Ravens don't seem to be hunting down a top WR which i was kinda expecting (hoping?), but I do like the potential in Flowers and Bateman.

The group they have right now, i wish they had Steve Smith Sr on the roster. His grit and experience for that receiving core, I pick them as superbowl champs now. I actually hope he ends up coaching someday.

i'm not sure. They picked up a solid RB, and one who can block. Jackson did much better in the pocket last year, but losing his #1 in Andrews definitely hurt. Queen and Stone were big last year. But we still have Roquan, and Hamilton, who i really like. wouldn't mind picking up a steal on the defensive side, even if only for a 1-2 year deal. Ravens don't seem to be hunting down a top WR which i was kinda expecting (hoping?), but I do like the potential in Flowers and Bateman.

The group they have right now, i wish they had Steve Smith Sr on the roster. His grit and experience for that receiving core, I pick them as superbowl champs now. I actually hope he ends up coaching someday.
Freaking LOVE Hamilton. Barring injury, that guy has multiple Pro Bowls and future HOF written all over him. Some people were downgrading him before the draft and saying he wasn't athletic enough, but that dude knows how to play football.

Their D was so good last year and it's still going to be really good, but unless they hit in the draft, I think they've taken a bit of a step back and unless they address loses on the O line, that could be a problem. I'm not that familiar with their backups so maybe they are really strong there.....you guys are set at center and had a great draft in 2022.

EDIT: This draft is deep at WR

Last edited:

This is from "NFL Rumors"???? Love that......I wonder where they could have possibly gotten this information? :funny:

To be fair, it's interesting the Williams has actually said that though....even though it's like the worst kept secret in the NFL.

Man, it looks like a scramble to get to those 3/4 spots. If I'm the Pats, I don't budge....y'all need a QB as much as anyone (unless you really like Nix or Penix). If I'm AZ, I don't want to move unless I get a haul because I'm getting Harrison at WR. To me, the Chargers could be in the driver's seat if AZ takes Harrison at 4. I know most of the talk is Minnesota moving up, but Denver might make that move.

If Minn wants to move up, I think the biggest mistake they could make would be to get the Chargers 5 pick instead of AZ's 4 because if Denver decides to leapfrog them, they are totally screwed.

Last edited:
Make it flag football already. There’s no way you can ever make football safe and keep it football. Either stop acting like you care about player safety and let them play what they sign up for or just make it flag football.

Man, I can't believe that there are 4 QBs who could go in the first 4-6 picks. I just can't see AZ moving out of the 4 spot without getting a major haul because that would (probably) mean them moving off Harrison. If AZ stands pat, would the Vikes try to move up to the Chargers and grab the last of the top 4 QBs? The Chargers really need a WR and if they traded down to 11 with the Vikes, I think the top 3 receivers could be gone. Maybe the Giants could stand pat at 6 and get their QB???
sorry for the late response hermano but fan base and press core want them to draft a QB but the owner is meddling in and saying he still believes in Jones but last week Mara gave the ok to draft a QB if the GM has his guy there who knows so much planted stories it's tough to believe any of it

me personally i want them to move up to get a QB

The texans by hitting on Stroud u see how that changed everything they were in a bad spot when Watson demanded a trade now look at them
so teams no longer will wait to see only the Giants :vomit: seem to not get it we will be going into year 6 with Jones

it's a WR heavy draft so people i see people trading back in top 10 to let QB needy teams to move up
the Vikings are clearly arming up to do just that

I hope we do as well last time we picked a guy at 6 well u know lol

Probably be a great deal for Texans, but I think Diggs is falling off a bit. Terrific receiver....next year??? We'll see. At worst, he'll be pretty good.
Diggs is this eras mini TO great initially but teams can't wait to get rid of him
they taking on 30 mil indead cap just to get him off the roster that says alot about the situation

Texans are going for it and i love it 6 degrees of the NFC East is how i post you know this
it will be great if they went to a SB while Dallas flames out again oh man that will be glorious

Maholmes winning 2 SB's after letting Hill walk will change how teams view WR's I see in acouple of years WR's being devalued like RB's

it's QB, OL/DL that will command top $

Heinicke has agreed to a pay cut to stay with the Falcons. Might be smart as they needed the money to pay Kirk, and if Kirk gets hurt again, he's got a chance to step in. Plus he's a hometown boy so I can see why he wants to stay

Heinicke has agreed to a pay cut to stay with the Falcons. Might be smart as they needed the money to pay Kirk, and if Kirk gets hurt again, he's got a chance to step in. Plus he's a hometown boy so I can see why he wants to stay
He's a reasonable backup, but I think they would have been better off keeping Ridder. I think there's a chance he ages well and the guy has talent.

He's a reasonable backup, but I think they would have been better off keeping Ridder. I think there's a chance he ages well and the guy has talent.

i like both.

we're more partial to Heinicke around here because he went to college here. my former alma mater, lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"