• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

November 4th, 2008: Campaigning, Early Voting, Election Day, and The Results!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not gonna lie, I teared up during Obama's speech. I have no clue how his presidency will turn out, or what else will happen in 4 years, but tonight I'm pretty high on Obama.

Also, Obama's crowd was very respectful, and cheered McCain. McCain's crowd could have learned so much from Obama's crowd, it's a shame McCain couldn't have given his speech where Obama did with that crowd.

Also, was that Oprah leaning on some dude?

Anyone else like the "I will be your President" to those who don't support him?

Great Zeus, that man can deliver a speech.

I would have loved to have seen Rush Limburgh and Bill O'Reilly's faces when they saw McCain didn't stand a chance in hell at making 270. :hehe:

McCain is conceding.
Good for him. :yay:

oh man, Obama's Grandmother never got to see this :csad:
I know, I'm sad about it too. :csad:

I love the point David Gergen is making on CNN. "I think this is gonna change the way the world looks at us.". I agree.
Ditto. Things won't turn around completely in 4 years, but if there's one HUGE difference I believed a new president would make, it's this.

I'm worried about his own life from this moment on now. He could step out to give his speech and be shot right now. It'd be awful. :(
I wasn't worried during this speech. In a crowd of fervent Obama supporters, it'd be impossible to pull off. :oldrazz:

Good for him. :yay:

I know, I'm sad about it too. :csad:

Ditto. Things won't turn around completely in 4 years, but if there's one HUGE difference I believed a new president would make, it's this.

I wasn't worried during this speech. In a crowd of fervent Obama supporters, it'd be impossible to pull off. :oldrazz:

Give us a hug, scrawny. He pulled it off. :o

Great Zeus, that man can deliver a speech.
The first time he broke onto the national stage during the 2004 Democratic National Convention, and gave that keynote speech, I said to myself, "This man will be president someday." :up:

Give us a hug, scrawny. He pulled it off. :o
((HUGS))

I missed a lot of play-by-play, and CNN's announcement since I was at Starbucks getting my free drink. :hehe:

What an amazing speach..it's 06 am here and i'm bawling my eyes out watching this...black people,white people,Asians together celebrating ideals,believing in something better...this is something i will never forget.

Even if it's for a second it gives me hope in humanity again...i'm speachless.

What an amazing speech! :applaud

THE 44TH PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA - BARACK OBAMA!!!

You know what was more exciting about tonight? The House races. I did not think the Democrats would lose as many seats as they did... at least four by my count (Boyda, Cazayoux, Mahoney, Lampson)... I think the Republican nature of their districts, which each overwhelmingly supported McCain, hurt their re-election prospects...

However, we did pick up A LOT of seats... I'm not sure on exact numbers, but it looks like we are close to removing those awful agents of intolerance, Bill "Absolute Idiot" Sali and Virgil Goode... in all, we picked up three seats in Virginia, one in Alabama, two in North Carolina, two in Arizona, two in New Mexico, and three in New York... it will be interesting to see where these elections end up...

Alright folks.

Here's your chance.

Say "I told you so." once and then it's time to move on and work together to try and fix this mess.

Close the thread after a healthy amount of venting, Mods.

Take the high road people.

:thing: :doom: :thing:

Was anyone else disgusted by Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton being shown in the audience crying and cheering for Obama? (After the way they treated him leading up to this election.)

I am so beyond "I told you so." I am just too damn excited.
[YT]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aAx-y__4n7w&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aAx-y__4n7w&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YT]

Last edited:
I thought Jackson and Sharpton did a good job of shutting the hell up for the past few weeks. I swear, if they had ruined this for Obama, I would've hunted them down.

You know what was more exciting about tonight? The House races. I did not think the Democrats would lose as many seats as they did... at least four by my count (Boyda, Cazayoux, Mahoney, Lampson)... I think the Republican nature of their districts, which each overwhelmingly supported McCain, hurt their re-election prospects...
I'm more surprised by Alaska's results right now. Even though 40% of the votes are in Stevens is actually ahead by over 4,000 votes.

I was expecting Begich to win this damn thing by a freaking landslide the entire time.

I thought Jackson and Sharpton did a good job of shutting the hell up for the past few weeks. I swear, if they had ruined this for Obama, I would've hunted them down.

I just feel like they shouldn't have been there. I realize the importance of this evening but...

I'm more surprised by Alaska's results right now. Even though 40% of the votes are in Stevens is actually ahead by over 4,000 votes.

I was expecting Begich to win this damn thing by a freaking landslide the entire time.
Oh lord, if they elect Stevens again then i really think they SHOULD secede from the U.S.A....i mean come on.

Oh lord, if they elect Stevens again then i really think they SHOULD secede from the U.S.A....i mean come on.

Maybe they're thinking that they want a Republican in office and they'll get him removed and Palin will appoint a new Senator (a Republican) to replace him.

Maybe they're thinking that they want a Republican in office and they'll get him removed and Palin will appoint a new Senator (a Republican) to replace him.
Seriously HH......do you think they are that intelligent.................they voted Palin...they pretty much lost the smart card on that one.

Seriously HH......do you think they are that intelligent.................they voted Palin...they pretty much lost the smart card on that one.
Palin may have been a horrible vice-presidential candidate, but she appears to have done a great job as governor in that state.

It overall sickens me though that good Republicans like Shays and Sununu lost their seats but corrupt ******s like Stevens actually has a chance of keeping hisseat.

Indiana is reported to have gone blue! :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stryderzer0
Back