November 4th, 2008: Campaigning, Early Voting, Election Day, and The Results!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see. Are the results in for turnout among young and minority voters?

I haven't seen any concrete numbers but all reports suggest record turnout by the youth and minority vote. (Which is a great thing to see!)

I haven't seen any concrete numbers but all reports suggest record turnout by the youth and minority vote. (Which is a great thing to see!)

The question is, what is the record? WAsn't 2004 a record as well, yet only about 10 % of young people eligible to vote did? I'm hoping they did better this time and the record is one that will actually stand.

Also, who did stay home that didn't in 2004 because the turn out is looking to be lower? My guess is it may have to do with white religious voters that normally vote Republican but were turned off by McCain.

Seems like Obama got roughly the same amount of votes Bush got in 2004, while McCain didn't even do as well as John Kerry did in 2004.

Wasn't Sarah Palin supposed to solidify the Republican base? Hmmmm. Maybe she should rethink running in 2012.

Also, remember that absentee ballots have yet to be counted...

I said this last night, but you weren't on...so it bears repeating - CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU GOOD SIR, Mark Warner won his senate race! :cwink:

The question is, what is the record? WAsn't 2004 a record as well, yet only about 10 % of young people eligible to vote did? I'm hoping they did better this time and the record is one that will actually stand.

Also, who did stay home that didn't in 2004 because the turn out is looking to be lower? My guess is it may have to do with white religious voters that normally vote Republican but were turned off by McCain.

I think they were calling 20 percent this time around

ronpaulqy1.jpg

Quick, someone buy this man an ice cream cone!!

I wonder whats happening at Stormfront as of last night.....did the servers just blow themselves up?

So, looks like, for once, the youth and Black vote showed up.

:up: :up:

That's an interesting picture of Ron Paul...

Has anyone heard if Cheney has publicly commented on the elction outcome?

All I want to say is woohoo for the Obama rally, pretty much took away late voters at my polling place on the north side of Chicago, absolutely no line to cast my ballot, although at the same time very anticlimactic since Obama already won the state. Not that there was even a question he would.

So, looks like, for once, the youth and Black vote showed up.

:up: :up:

Its pretty sad that our country has reached the point where 20 % of eligible voters voting is "showing up."

Can we give John King some props? He's been telling us how this election would play out for the last month and a half. I just wonder what will happen to the magic wall... :(

I also found it interesting last night on the news that they were talking about how all of the 'war hero' candidates have lost their bids for the presidency.

Can we give John King some props? He's been telling us how this election would play out for the last month and a half. I just wonder what will happen to the magic wall... :(

The 'Magic Wall' will now go into storage until the mid-term elections only to be brought back with a vengence in 2012. (Complete with more interactive holograms and new polling data to reflect how owner's pets would have voted...if they had the right to vote!) :hehe:

I wonder what is going through the heads of the truly racist people out there, the people that actually believe someone of color is "less than".....

I wonder what is going through the heads of the truly racist people out there, the people that actually believe someone of color is "less than".....

I bet a lot of them are probobly thinking about flying the stars and bars in protest given which states went McCain. But that type of thinking, especially after yesterday, is still getting pushed out of the door.

Is it too soon to determine who will be the Republicans in line for a shot at Obama?

Because I heard the name of Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal mentioned as a possibility

Is it too soon to determine who will be the Republicans in line for a shot at Obama?

Because I heard the name of Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal mentioned as a possibility

Oh. dear. lord. :whatever:
icon13.gif

Honestly, I don't know. Obviously there aren't all that many of them left, but I'm also apprehensive since I don't know how many of them there actually are.

I have a feeling that Al Franken will be the next Senator from Minnesota, now that his campaign has requested a recount. Absentee ballots will be factored into the race now, and the fact that Coleman only leads by a few hundred votes could present a window of opportunity there. The majority of those who cast absentee ballots are young voters, mostly college kids... so I am very interested to see what happens between now and the end of November, when this recount is expected to be finalized...

As for the House, I am VERY pleased that we got rid of two agents of intolerance, Bill "Absolute Idiot" Sali from Idaho, and Virgil "Muslims aren't real Americans" Goode of Virginia. However, I am upset that Nancy Boyda lost her bid for re-election, as she was a true reformer in Congress and could have done so much more given a little more time in office. Oh well-- you win some, you lose some.

Finally... Ted Stevens and Gordon Smith... those two are doing exceptionally well given the negative political environment against them. If Stevens is re-elected, he will be expelled from the Senate undoubtedly. If Smith is re-elected, I see him receiving a cabinet-level post in the Obama administration, which would allow Ted Kulongoski to appoint a presumably Democratic replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"