November 4th, 2008: Campaigning, Early Voting, Election Day, and The Results!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bush won Indiana by more than 20 points in 2004. That is an astounding turnaround. The fact that a black man named Barack Hussein Obama was the one to turn it around is even more astounding.

Obama would have not been in this position if it wasn't for a sex scandal in 2004 in which the incumbent candidate had to drop out because of it, paving the way for an Obama vs. Alan Keyes Showdown in 2004.

Obama was up by 20 points when that sex scandal hit.

He was winning that election no matter what.

66% of Alaska's votes are in and Stevens is still ahead by over 3,000 votes.

Holy crap. Apparently they haven't counted 1.5 million early votes in Fulton County, Georgia. Fulton County is home to Atlanta. Obama could actually win if the early voting numbers go heavily in his favor. WOW. More importantly, Chambliss might lose his Senate seat. Like Liddy Dole, I would love to see that P.O.S. kicked out of Congress. What he did to Max Cleland was the lowest of the low.

Holy crap. Apparently they haven't counted 1.5 million early votes in Fulton County, Georgia. Fulton County is home to Atlanta. Obama could actually win if the early voting numbers go heavily in his favor. WOW.

Georgia has already been called for McCain :o

No crap, you think? And Florida was called for Gore...:hehe:

Ever since the fiasco in 2000 with Florida, do you really think that they're going to call such a race prematurely again.

All of Georgia's polls are closed and you're acting under the assumption that all of those votes will go to Obama. With Florida, they called it for Gore when people were still freaking voting!

The media created a huge mess with Florida, just as big as those piss poor ballots.

Ever since the fiasco in 2000 with Florida, do you really think that they're going to call such a race prematurely again.

All of Georgia's polls are closed and you're acting under the assumption that all of those votes will go to Obama. With Florida, they called it for Gore when people were still freaking voting!

Obama doesn't need all of the votes. He's currently 245,000 behind. 60% of those 1.5 million votes means he gets 900,000 votes added and McCain gets 600,000 added. Last I checked, that would do the trick for an Obama victory. Most of the early voting went overwhelmingly for Obama across the country.

Obama doesn't need all of the votes. He's currently 245,000 behind. 60% of those votes means he gets 900,000 votes added and McCain gets 600,000 added. Last I checked, that would do the trick for an Obama victory. Most of the early voting went overwhelmingly for Obama across the country.

Again, the media isn't going to prematurely call a state again after the freaking Florida fiasco. When they call it, it's going to be when the polls are closed and they are absolutely certain that a person who has won the state has indeed won the state.

Again, the media isn't going to prematurely call a state again after the freaking Florida fiasco. When they call it, it's going to be when the polls are closed and they are absolutely certain that a person who has won the state has indeed won the state.

Early votes have nothing to do with the voting that went on today. Apparently the "turnout" in Georgia for this election, going by the current numbers, was nowhere near what was expected given how large the early voting was. If the state screwed up and hadn't counted an entire county's early votes, then there's not really anything the media can do about that. They reported the numbers given to them.

Early votes have nothing to do with the voting that went on today. Apparently the "turnout" in Georgia for this election, going by the current numbers, was nowhere near what was expected given how large the early voting was. If the state screwed up and hadn't counted an entire county's early votes, then there's not really anything the media can do about that. They reported the numbers given to them.

THEY...STILL....CALLED....GEORGIA....FOR...MCCAIN!!!

What part of that do you not get :cmad:

I am willing to bet that the media has a good idea on what the early ballots look like and I'm willing to bet that they know that the results of the early ballots would not effect the outcome of McCain winning god damn Georgia!

What part of they aren't going to prematurely call a state yet again after the mess they made in Flordia are you not getting?

THEY...STILL....CALLED....GEORGIA....FOR...MCCAIN!!!

What part of that do you not get :cmad:

I am willing to bet that the media has a good idea on what the early ballots look like and I'm willing to bet that they know that the results of the early ballots would not effect the outcome of McCain winning god damn Georgia!

What part of they aren't going to prematurely call a state yet again after the mess they made in Flordia are you not getting?

I got it just fine the first 50 million times you said it. It'll be interesting if there is actually something to it though. The main thing is the Senate race. Chambliss is right at 50% right now. If he dips below that, there's a run-off.

I got it just fine the first 50 million times you said it. It'll be interesting if there is actually something to it though.
There isn't anything to it :cmad:

The main thing is the Senate race. Chambliss is right at 50% right now. If he dips below that, there's a run-off.
Now that's an interesting race to watch. Although he hasn't been below 50% really all night.

Meanwhile, goofball Al Franken has pulled ahead in Minnesota at the last minute. Looks like he might scrape by. Perhaps he can use his Senate floor speeches to entertain his peers with a little stand-up material.

Meanwhile, goofball Al Franken has pulled ahead in Minnesota at the last minute. Looks like he might scrape by. Perhaps he can use his Senate floor speeches to entertain his peers with a little stand-up material.
Because he's good enough, smart enough, and doggone it people like him.

Hooo boy here we go again. :down:

At least it isn't over the presidential race, but I still bet GA people aren't too pleased with the snafu over the Senate race.

Wow, imagine if this DID affect the Presidential race! Holy crap. Massive riots across the country, especially given the fact that African American turnout during early voting in Georgia was off the charts...and there's video footage to prove it.

Are these numbers right?

2004 Presidential Election:

Bush: 62,040,610

Kerry: 59,028,444

2008 Presidential Election:

Obama: 61,148,244

McCain: 54,564,713

We had a higher turn out in 2004? That kinda suprises me.

Are these numbers right?

2004 Presidential Election:

Bush: 62,040,610

Kerry: 59,028,444

2008 Presidential Election:

Obama: 61,148,244

McCain: 54,564,713

We had a higher turn out in 2004? That kinda suprises me.

CNN has:

Obama: 62,532,271
McCain: 55,454,540

with results still pending in 3 states

Ah, I see. Well, at this rate it seems like it will still be slightly lower, which suprises me immensely.

I know a lot of people that would normally of voted who refused to vote because they hated both McCain and Obama.

I know a lot of people that would normally of voted who refused to vote because they hated both McCain and Obama.

I see. Are the results in for turnout among young and minority voters?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"