The Winter Soldier Off-beat villain choice: Taskmaster!

Spider-Fan

SHHFFL 2014/2019 Champion
Staff member
Reaction score
I know everyone wants to see Zemo, Red Skull, Winter Soldier, etc. Count me in on them as well, but here is somebody I think can give us a good Cap sequel: TASKMASTER!!!

406pxtaskmasterhead.jpg

I think Taskmaster brings a lot to the table as a villain, and could be a unique opponent for Captain America.

What say ya'lls?

I luh-huvs me some Tasky.
But if you pit him against "just" Cap, then all he does is mirror the super-soldier moves and shield throw. Taskmaster looks a lot more impressive when he goes up against the entire Avengers (or Heroes for Hire, or any other group), because then he gets to combine *multiple* skill sets.

It could still work, if Cap has Widow, Hawkeye, Fury and any new characters involved, it actually makes him look pretty danged unstoppable, rather than if it was vs the whole Avengers and people have to wonder why Iron Man doesn't just blast him, and scrunch their noses at the absurdity they use to explain Tasky taking down IM/Thor/Hulk.

I think he'd be a cool option that presents Cap an unusual challenge. If they did use him I'd like this design.

Taskmaster is not ambitious enough to carry a whole movie, he works better as a hired hand for the main villain, rather then being the main villain himself.

Taskmaster is a cool character in the comics. I'm not sure if I'd want him in the movie though.
Which suit design though? Their is no way that they would go with his more pirate like look though.
1696032-851185_taskmaster.jpg

1265149-118_taskmaster_1.jpg

148102-178593-taskmaster.jpg

Yes! I love his character. I can definitely see them going with the ninja-like look. I imagine he'd go over very well with general audiences, so I wouldn't be surprised at all if he showed up.

I also see them going Ninja-like... it'd be a pretty cool moment overall, imho. And because he's a merc, he can basically be under anybody, from AIM to Baron Zemo.

Taskmaster is a cool character in the comics. I'm not sure if I'd want him in the movie though.
Which suit design though? Their is no way that they would go with his more pirate like look though.
1696032-851185_taskmaster.jpg

I like this look but it's too Skeletor for a movie I think.

This is the way to go IMO, very cool and would work within the design of the MCU.

I think he'd be a cool option that presents Cap an unusual challenge. If they did use him I'd like this design.

Great design. I loved the Udon stuff in Deadpool. Though I wouldn't mind seeing something like this, but with a skull face more like an actual skull for a film adaptation.

Also, in terms of character I don't mind him being a former SHIELD agent, but I'm not fond of the good guy with amnesia angle they gave him a while back. He's much better as a true rogue.

Hopefully he turns up in the MCU at some point. He would make a great henchman/villain that has a redemptive storyline at some point or just as a henchmen/villain. He could make a good rival for Hawkeye.

I luh-huvs me some Tasky.
But if you pit him against "just" Cap, then all he does is mirror the super-soldier moves and shield throw. Taskmaster looks a lot more impressive when he goes up against the entire Avengers (or Heroes for Hire, or any other group), because then he gets to combine *multiple* skill sets.

I agree, I'm sure watching two super-soldiers would probably have it's moments but I think it risks 'boring' way to much. Utilizing multiple skill sets would be awesome.

I'm not totally up on my TM knowledge.. In general, he can only acquire the physical skills correct?

Also, I think the ninja look, but with the more organic skull face(like the face of the picture with the sword and the hood and shield) would look fantastic

I'm not totally up on my TM knowledge.. In general, he can only acquire the physical skills correct?

Essentially. He can't replicate powers, only fighting styles and such. Though he has been known to get round this by using the odd gadget that mimics what he can't replicate, like having his own shield in place of Cap's or using laser claws in place of Wolverine's etc.

Though there was a funny debate on gaming forums when he was included in Marvel vs Capcom whether or not he could potentially replicate Chi based moves like Hadouken's etc since they're inherently about the fighting style and not conventional super powers.

The more I've been thinking about this, I think they would go with the modern ninja design. It's pretty slick, and with it already being pretty modern in design, they could update it for the movie easily.

735605-1.jpg

735609-url.jpg

88676-72337-taskmaster.JPG

77224-33622-taskmaster.jpg

Essentially. He can't replicate powers, only fighting styles and such. Though he has been known to get round this by using the odd gadget that mimics what he can't replicate, like having his own shield in place of Cap's or using laser claws in place of Wolverine's etc.

Though there was a funny debate on gaming forums when he was included in Marvel vs Capcom whether or not he could potentially replicate Chi based moves like Hadouken's etc since they're inherently about the fighting style and not conventional super powers.

Thanks for the insight.

What do you think about the ninja-esque look but the more horror-esque skull look?

Thanks for the insight.

What do you think about the ninja-esque look but the more horror-esque skull look?

Sounds pretty much like the same idea I mentioned in the post previous to the one you quoted. I like the suit, he wore it in the Deadpool books when Udon was doing the art and Gail Simone was writing.

I really loved it back then, but for a movie I too would also like to see a mask more like a skull than just a skull symbol. I think the suit itself would just need a few tweaks for a film adaptation.

I agree with everyone that wants a mask that looks more like a skull. Something kind of like these ballistic masks.

th1.jpg

th.jpg

I agree with everyone that wants a mask that looks more like a skull. Something kind of like these ballistic masks.

th1.jpg

th.jpg

The first pic certainly looks interesting and resembles the Udon drawn costume's mask. Though I still might like to see something more resembling a traditional skull (though not so much the second pic).

I agree about him maybe not being the main threat of the movie and working for the larger threat, but I think as a henchman, he would provide an interesting challenge. I do think he can carry a movie better than people give him credit, though.

I love Taskmaster and a lot of these movies IMHO are sort of forgetting the art of the cool henchman character which is a role that Taskmaster could fulfill.

Yup, and Cap 2 seems tailor made for henchmen.

Ultimate Spider-Man is a perfect example of how you can execute and make Taskmaster cool.

He's basically an ultimate strategist. He can read your fighting style and movements just from observing you for a few seconds and break it down and mimic it himself. Besides that, what makes him interesting is that he sort of has his own code of honor. He won't kill innocents and he would betray the bad guys if it was in his best interest.

Basically it would be cool if Cap or Falcon or somebody had to fight a guy who could read all their movements and can totally out think and out strategize them. You basically have to beat Taskmaster by abandoning strategy or doing the exact opposite of what you normally would.

It'd be cool if Cap had to deal with both Crossbones and Taskmaster. Good reason for Cap to need help from Sam Wilson, especially if you included a boss like Zemo.

That would be cool, a Skull faced duo, especially as on some level they are a callback to Red Skull, could be awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"