Legend of Zelda Offical The Legend of Zelda Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I almost never finished the GCN version, it was that bad. I got to that part in the HD version and just stopped. I know they improved it, but it's just too tedious for me to want to play through again.

I have to use a walkthrough for it. Normally I take the time and figure **** out in these games, but I know how mind numbingly tedious this is gonna be, so walkthrough it is.

This Week In Imports: Hyrule Warriors Slices And Dices. August 11, 2014 . 4:00pm

Will Hyrule Warriors give Wii U a boost in Japan? While the Legend of Zelda series is more popular in the West, the Warriors series continues to grow in Japan.

Will Hyrule Warriors give Wii U a boost in Japan? While the Legend of Zelda series is more popular in the West, the Warriors series continues to grow in Japan. Hyrule Warriors marries Omega Force’s long running series with a variety of Zelda characters including Impa, Midna, and Ganondorf.

One difference is in Japan, Koei Tecmo Games will publish Hyrule Warriors making it the first Zelda game in Japan not to be published by Nintendo. Nintendo will bring the game to the West next month.

Wii U
Hyrule Warriors

PlayStation Vita
Clannad
Monster Hunter Frontier G (Beginner’s Package)

Key European Releases
Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition (PS4, PS3, Xbox One, Xbox 360)
Risen 3: Titan Lords (PS3, Xbox 360)

Key Domestic Releases
Akiba’s Trip: Undead & Undressed (PS3, Vita)
Disgeaea 4: A Promised Revisited (Vita)
Hohokum (PS4, PS3, Vita)
My Singing Monsters (Vita)
Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds (Vita)
Risen 3: Titan Lords (PS3, Xbox 360)

Read more stories about This Week In Imports on Siliconera.

source: Siliconera

There have been so many great songs in Zelda games its one of the main reason I love Zelda games so much. What is everyone's top 10 Zelda songs? I don't know If I could make a top 10 has there are so many good ones and I don't have the best mermory.

There have been so many great songs in Zelda games its one of the main reason I love Zelda games so much. What is everyone's top 10 Zelda songs? I don't know If I could make a top 10 has there are so many good ones and I don't have the best mermory.

My favorite, the one I associate most with Zelda is this one

[YT]-uInmFU6JkU[/YT]

And of course who could forget the super badass dubstep remix

[YT]NU75uz0b8EU[/YT]

Ganondorf Isn’t The Only Playable Villain In Hyrule Warriors. August 11, 2014 . 10:18pm

A new video shows Zant from The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess as a playable character in Hyrule Warriors.

[YT]SoRLoJIEIuk[/YT]
Much like the Dynasty Warriors series, Hyrule Warriors lets players beat up enemies as heroes and villains. For the first time in a Zelda game, Ganondorf from The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time is a playable character. Players can also choose Zant, the King of Darkness from The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess.

Zant is armed with curved blades, a maniacal laugh, and and the ability to warp Twilight Monsters onto the battlefield.

Hyrule Warriors comes out on Japan for Wii U this Thursday.

Read more stories about Hyrule Warriors & Videos & Wii U on Siliconera.

So this is the supposed leaked ending to HW:

[BLACKOUT] Cia is the initial antagonist, but she is being manipulated by Wizrro so he can drain her powers. After defeating Wizrro, Ganondorf obtains the Triforce and you battle Ganon as the Final Boss in the game.[/BLACKOUT]

My favorite, the one I associate most with Zelda is this one

[YT]-uInmFU6JkU[/YT]

And of course who could forget the super badass dubstep remix

[YT]NU75uz0b8EU[/YT]

I think that is my all time favorite to. I don't know if I could do a top 10 though just to many good ones. I loved how in link to the past you had this song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoLT24KcEIY

Then in Zelda between worlds you had this a remix of the song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VQyaNCn7Yc

They sounded similary yet different. The biggest thing is that the remix was a lot faster. I think the remix was better.

There was a full playthrough of leaked Hyrule Warriors via twitch. Apparently, there aren't any more characters than what we've been shown, there are no secret characters or anything. What I've read is the gameplay is fairly standard Warriors-fare. The characters do have more variety, though, than the usual games, but people who don't like that type of gameplay won't be converted. Adventure Mode is said to be pretty cool, with a lot of different types of mission. Could keep it fresh even with the tiring gameplay.

The twitch is over, but someone has been uploading the videos by stage. It's in Japanese, but if you're curious about what the gameplay on Normal will look like (you may be shocked), you might be interested to take a look:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLkdLPWB8m1rpkDS_DIGMZHBi53wTt8HkF

I think that is my all time favorite to. I don't know if I could do a top 10 though just to many good ones. I loved how in link to the past you had this song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoLT24KcEIY

Then in Zelda between worlds you had this a remix of the song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VQyaNCn7Yc

They sounded similary yet different. The biggest thing is that the remix was a lot faster. I think the remix was better.

With intro, is so much better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQBHqypX-lQ

That sounds pretty disappointing.

I was disappointed in the roster size, but I saw this breakdown of first Warrior titles:

Samurai Warriors 1 had 15
Gundam DW 1 had 20 Mobile Suits
Ken's Rage had 10 (and two were DLC)
One Piece Musou only had 13.

Guess it's to be expected. We'll probably have to wait for Hyrule Warriors 3 or 4 before we get the really huge roster, if the series continues.

If it's successful enough, I'm sure they'll keep going.

I think the rosters a pretty good size, and it features a LOT of classic characters. And honestly, the only character I would want added would be Skull Kid/Majora....or possibly Fierce Deity Link. Maybe for the sequel!

We'll see. I have a tough time seeing the new evil characters not being unlockable somehow. Still, fairly happy with the roster. Though, I am really curious if there are any more weapons. (I saw Link's fifth weapon. Its... odd. And could technically be another character)

Ghirahim Unleashes His True Form In Hyrule Warriors. August 13, 2014 . 10:30pm

Ghirahim a main villain from The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword joins Zant and Ganondorf as a playable character in Hyrule Warriors.
[YT]8N4ky1HiSc8[/YT]
Ghirahim a main villain from The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword joins Zant and Ganondorf as a playable character in Hyrule Warriors. Armed with the Demon Blade, Ghirahim has swift sword slashes and can slam enemies into magic barriers he creates.

Ghirahim also has the ability to transform into his true form which makes him move and teleport around the battlefield even faster.

Hyrule Warriors comes out tomorrow for Wii U in Japan.

Read more stories about Hyrule Warriors & Videos & Wii U on Siliconera.

And

Koei Tecmo Have Long-Term Updates Planned For Hyrule Warriors. August 14, 2014 . 4:20am

Hyrule Warriors released today in Japan, and Koei Tecmo say they’re planning a large scale mode expansion for the game.

Hyrule Warriors released today in Japan, and to commemorate the game’s release, the official Twitter shared a message regarding future plans for the game, in addition to mentioning some fixes for bugs.

発売日記念に新情報。Wii U「ゼルダ無双」は折角の「ゼルダお祭りソフト」。皆さんに長く楽しんでいただける様、『長期アップデート対応および大規模モード拡張』を計画中。いくつ か不具合報告も頂いているのでそちらも直します。だから開発スタッフはお盆も開発真っ只中。ミンナニナイショダヨ!
— 「ゼルダ無双」公式 (@zelda_musou) August 14, 2014

The tweet in question reads: “New information to commemorate the release. Hyrule Warriors is a “festive Zelda title” that was made with much effort. In order to have you folks enjoy it for longer, we’re currently planning long-term updates and a large-scale mode expansion. We’ve received a few bug reports, so we’ll be working on that as well.”

“For these reasons, the development staff will be working in the midst of Obon. Keep it a secret from everyone!”

Obon is a Japanese holiday that begins this Friday and lasts throughout the weekend. It sounds as though there will be little time for the Hyrule Warriors team to rest, though.

Hyrule Warriors will be released on September 19 in Europe and September 26 in North America for Wii U.

Read more stories about Hyrule Warriors & Wii U on Siliconera.

Last edited:
Interesting. I wonder what a "mode expansion" is referencing. I know Dynasty and Samurai Warriors get those Xtreme Legends expansions that add characters and modes. I wonder if they'll go full scale into that?

We'll see. I have a tough time seeing the new evil characters not being unlockable somehow. Still, fairly happy with the roster. Though, I am really curious if there are any more weapons. (I saw Link's fifth weapon. Its... odd. And could technically be another character)

Like I said, this was a full play through of the game, and I believe the guy playing received some in game accomplishment about getting all characters. I may be mistaken, since I didn't see this myself and was reading a summary, but when you consider the breakdown list, 13 characters is about right for a first entry.

EDIT: Oh, I just read what his fifth weapon is, and it basically does add a new character even if they aren't on the roster select. If other characters have similar weapons, then yes, it could exceed the thirteen. Really interesting, that thought never occurred to me.

I think the rosters a pretty good size, and it features a LOT of classic characters. And honestly, the only character I would want added would be Skull Kid/Majora....or possibly Fierce Deity Link. Maybe for the sequel!
A Groose-less list can never truly be a great roster.

Last edited:
source: GI

Well even if you find this odd he was a Zelda fan other Wise I have no problem with nor do I have issue with it not happening but Zelda did have a dad it the day's of captain N and Super Mario super show/ Club Mario days back in the day it'll interesting if he was used as the new model for her father.

Oh and no I Don't he has to be playable ether. He was there for comic relief back then in that series.

Just thinking out load i written form.

Last edited:
This was put up to day. though I remember Tronny putting similar news with Amazon or a other stores (it was mostlikely best buy) some time back . Anyway here it is for those interested

Best Buy, Amazon offer Hyrule Warriors pre-order costumes

(5 hours ago)
GameStop won't be the only retailer with special costumes for Link and friends when Hyrule Warriors battles for control of your Wii U on September 26. Best Buy and Amazon have also opened some special chests and ... Dun-dun-dun-DUN! ... have pulled out some exclusive costumes as well.

Fans of the latest Legend of Zelda game should head over to Best Buy, where you'll get Skyward Sword-themed costumes for Link and Zelda when you pre-order the game. Those who prefer their Hero of Time to be a bit darker should opt for Amazon, which has Twilight Princess-themed costumes for the tunic-wearing swordsman and Hyrule's most-kidnappable princess.

And don't forget, no matter where you pick up the game, if you're a Club Nintendo member who registers your copy before October 23, you'll receive two costumes for Zelda baddie, Ganondorf.
[Image: Nintendo/Tecmo Koei]​
Hyrule Warriors (6/26/14)

I posted about the GameStop and Amazon ones, yeah. At that point no one had seen the Skyward Sword one pop up. I'm either going with Amazon or Best Buy then. I think the TP costume for Zelda may be the best, but it's too similar the main look. The SS pops a lot more.

Man I hope they release the costume packs separately later.

There's no reason to expect that they won't.

This Week In Sales: Hyrule Warriors. August 20, 2014 . 9:00am

Koei Tecmo released Hyrule Warriors in Japan, and the game sold 69,090 copies in its first week.
Period: The week of August 11th – August 17th (2014)
Top-seller: Yo-kai Watch 2 (3DS) – 118,526
Nintendo 3DS sales: 9,429 | Total sales: 9,576,035
Nintendo 3DS XL sales: 42,365 | Total sales: 6,447,438
PlayStation Vita sales: 20,825 | Total sales: 3,042,439
Vita TV sales: 1,491 | 133,452
Wii U sales: 18,161 | Total sales: 1,889,911
PlayStation 4 sales: 6,913 | 665,760
<< Last week’s software sales chart
<< How to read and understand sales

Last week, Koei Tecmo released Hyrule Warriors in Japan, and the game sold 69,090 copies in its first week. Meanwhile, Wii U sales for the week increased to 18,161, with the assistance of both Hyrule Warriors as well as the long weekend due to the Obon festival.

I’m not certain what to think of Hyrule Warriors’ debut. 69,090 copies isn’t really much to write home about, but we have no idea how much Koei Tecmo expected to sell, and how many copies they shipped. Unlike other “Warriors” spin-offs in Japan (Gundam, One Piece), this one isn’t based on a particularly popular franchise either. Zelda on home consoles has not performed very well over the past few years.

The only new release that charted during the week was Monster Hunter Frontier G for Vita. Frontier is an online, subscription-based Monster Hunter game and the retail “Beginner’s Package” version sold 21,169 copies.

The #1 spot for the week, as has been the case lately, went to Yo-kai Watch 2, which barely dropped in sales from the week prior, once again thanks to the long Obon weekend. The 3DS role-playing game is now at 2.21 million copies sold. Other software—especially on the Nintendo 3DS—benefitted from Obon as well, with several games seeing a slight increase in sales over the week prior.

Finally, Senran Kagura 2 doesn’t appear to be doing well at all. The game sold just 9,624 copies in its second week, so it’s going to be a while before it sells through its first shipment entirely.

The top-20 software sales chart for last week is as follows:

Lw Tw Title Weekly Sales Total Sales Sys. Publisher

01. 01. Yo-kai Watch 2: Head/Founder 118,526 2,212,518 3DS Level 5
New 02. Hyrule Warriors 69,090 New WiiU Koei Tecmo

05. 03. Yoshi’s New Island 29,933 144,162 3DS Nintendo

06. 04. Mario Kart 8 28,221 627,635 WiiU Nintendo

02. 05. Dragon Ball Heroes: Ultimate Mission 2 27,273 108,857 3DS Bandai Namco

New
06. Monster Hunter Frontier G (Beginner’s Package) 21,169 New PSV Capcom

04. 07. Ultra Street Fighter IV 11,604 53,931 PS3 Capcom

08. 08. Taiko Drum Master: Don and Katsu’s Great Space-Time Adventure 10,879 138,721 3DS Bandai Namco

09. 09. Yo-kai Watch 10,420 1,245,042 3DS Level 5

03. 10. Senran Kagura 2: Deep Crimson 9,624 56,119 3DS Marvelous

15. 11. Pokémon Art Academy 6,644 91,232 3DS Nintendo

11. 12. Grand Theft Auto V (Bargain Edition) 6,286 45,283 PS3 Take 2

12. 13. Pokémon X and Y 6,053 4,127,888 3DS Pokémon Co.

20. 14. Mario Kart 7 5,535 2,368,112 3DS Nintendo 26. 15. Mario Party: Island Tour 4,728 423,075 3DS Nintendo

16. 16. Gundam TriAge SP 4,705 41,748 3DS Bandai Namco

18. 17. Freedom Wars 4,542 280,209 PSV Sony

21. 18. Animal Crossing: New Leaf 4,447 3,774,698 3DS Nintendo

24. 19. Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment 3,984 238,539 PSV Bandai Namco

27. 20. Monster Hunter 4 3,796 3,327,503 3DS Capcom
Sales data acquired from 4Gamer and Media Create.

Read more stories about Dragon Ball Heroes: Ultimate Mission 2 & Hyrule Warriors & Monster Hunter Frontier G & Senran Kagura 2 & Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment & This Week In Sales & Yo-kai Watch 2 on Siliconera.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity