Legend of Zelda Offical The Legend of Zelda Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
There can only be ONE Sheikah. I'd rather take the REAL one than the mystical fake. :argh: I hate fakies. :meanie: :p

Sixth boss and dungeon:

Hyrule Castle/Sanctuary of Hylia/Temple of Time: Link now heads to the Sanctuary of Hylia to sneak into Isllanis's private chamber to read the Book of Sages. Link enters the Sanctuary of Hylia, a church created for the sole purpose of worshipping the Goddesses. Link can talk to many Hylians who pray in the Sanctuary and one older woman will tell him the story of the creation of Hyrule according to the Book of Sages. The woman explains the Book was composed of ancient scrolls that contain written record of the events of ancient Hyrule by the Sages themselves until their departure to the Sacred Realm. She says that Hylians who still believe gather at the church to pray for the return of the Sages and to bless them with the Golden Power over Hyrule. Link will then be told by another Hylian that Isllanis's chamber is deeper in the Sanctuary behind the altar. Once Link enters, he sees that there is a secret passageway that leads to a miniature dungeon. Link solves the puzzle that involves him lighting three crystals into position of an engraving of the Triforce in the center chamber. Once gaining access of the chamber, Link sees that Isllanis has the Book inside a protective case. The case is protected by a special lock that can only be opened by a musical melody that can be known only to Hyrule Royalty. Link then uses the Goddess's Harp to play, "Zelda's Lullaby" to unlock the case allowing Link to read its contents. At first the Book is hard to read as the Hylian language had long been modified since its time, but then Link feels the Triforce of Courage resonate and somehow over time he is able to understand the foreign language. He finds the part about the Sage Medallions and the awakening of a Sage. Link learns that the Medallions are forged by three mystical ores said to hold the essence of the Goddesses and must be blessed by playing the sacred melodies at the shrines of the respective Temples. It is stated that this allows them to be connected to the Sacred Realm. The Medallions will then find their way to a new Sage that best represents its respective element. Suddenly, Link hears someone approaching and quickly escapes through a crawl space in the back of the chamber which leads to the back of the Sanctuary.

Link then travels back to Pameri to give him the task to create the Sage Medallions. He thinks Link is creating party medallions for some contest or something and agrees. He recreates the Forest, Fire, Water, Spirit, and Shadow Medallions using the special ores giving them to Link one by one. After blessing them with the Minuet of Forest, Bolero of Fire, Serenade of Water, Requiem of Spirit, and Nocturne of Shadow at the temple shrines, the Medallions spread throughout Hyrule to awaken the new Sages.

Link can follow the Medallions when they summon a beam of light as a beacon when they have successfully awakened the Sage. Link then learns the identity of each of the Sages:

Senri - Forest
Phaesta - Fire
Leebo - Water
Netooru - Spirit
Denté - Shadow

Link is then tasked to find the Master Sword deep within Hyrule Castle, but upon approaching Castle Town a villager will scream in terror at Link's presence and flee. Link then learns that Princess Zelda has been kidnapped and he has been accused for it. Link must now sneak into Hyrule Castle and avoid the castle guards while trying to get to the Master Sword. After several mazes, Link will find a crawl space into the castle and now must navigate the castle's corridors by causing a blackout to find the hidden entrance to the castle depths. It is in the deeper chambers that he overhears a conversation between King Eldin and Isllanis. He learns Isllanis is Link's accuser and warns the King that Link plans to steal the Master Sword in a misguided quest to procure the legendary Triforce. Eldin doubts Isllanis's claim saying that the boy's father served with him after the Era of The Dark One to rebuild the once fallen kingdom and thinks of Link as a son he never had. Isllanis lightly tells the King not to be so easily deceived and tells the boy is extremely dangerous and obviously unbalanced to go to such lengthy feats to obtain something that may as well be nothing more than myth. Eldin then tells Isllanis to mind his place and dismisses him, telling him that he will surely punish the perpetrator who kidnapped his daughter. Isllanis begrudgingly leaves and tells the King he will keep Zelda's safe return in his prayers.

After Isllanis leaves, Eldin will tell Link to stop hiding and come out and talk to him. Link comes up to the Hylian King. Eldin tells Link that he doesn't believe Isllanis's words, but does believe he is seeking the Triforce. Link explains to the King his attempt to cure Zelda of her mysterious disease. The King becomes solemn and thanks Link for his attempt to save his daughter, but now someone has stolen her in the night. He says that he can call off the guards on searching for him, but that may not stop Isllanis from trying to capture him. He then agrees to take Link to a hidden chamber further down the corridor. He shows Link the door which can only be unlocked by the melody of the Royal Family. Link plays, "Zelda's Lullaby" and the door dissipates. The King tells Link that he has come a long way from the boy that practiced archery and played games with his daughter. He says Link is no longer a boy, but is now a man. He tells Link that after The Dark One was sealed the Royal Family was entrusted with safeguarded the Blade of Evil's Bane along with the Goddess's Harp. Many have tried to find the mythical blade, but have failed. They enter the chamber and see the Master Sword in its pedestal. Link tries to pull it, but finds he cannot. The King reveals only the Seven Sages with their mystical Medallions and the Triforce of Courage are needed to life the sword. The King says the Medallions were lost centuries ago. Only the Sages themselves could rectify this. He then says the Medallions need to be placed on the sacred platforms around the pedestal and someone will play the sacred melodies on a divine instrument to summon them. Link plays five songs on five of the seven platforms. The songs then teleport Senri, Phaesta, Leebo, Netooru, and Denté to their respective platform and showcase their Medallions. The King congratulates Link on his efforts, but points out the Hero lacks two.

Link and Eldin then hear a voice telling them that someone needs to be enlightened on Hyrule legend. The masked puppeteer appears and suggests to Link that he consults a knowledgeable friend about his predicament and maybe they can shed some light on the situation. It is then Link remembers Enatha and plays the "Prelude of Light" on one of the platforms. Suddenly, a ray of light appears and Enatha is summoned and awakened as the Sage of Light. Enatha questions why she is there at first, but later understands when she sees Link. She becomes overjoyed that she will now be a part of Hylian history. Celebrations are then put on hold when the last platform is still vacant. The masked puppeteer tells Link that the Sage of Time is needs to be awakened. Link, unsure who this person is, feels drawn to the platform by a faint voice. He then approaches and plays the song he hears. Zelda reappears still in spectral form, revealing that she is the leader of the Sages. Eldin feels tears of joy forming, but composes himself to tell Link to now pull the Master Sword from its resting place.

Link pulls the blade and holds it up high feeling its power resonate through him. Zelda tells Link that something feels wrong, and then starts to recoil in pain. Link and Eldin try to help, but cannot. She explains that whatever is causing her disease is escalating. The masked puppeteer then tells Zelda and Link the truth. He reveals that he has felt it since before of Zelda's illness. Time is slowly unraveling like a rope being pulled too thin. He postulates that some event in the near future is causing the past to unravel and it is effecting the present. Zelda questions what he means. The puppeteer tells her that her ancestry will cease as will she. He then tells Link that he believes that reforming the Triforce will be the only thing that can prevent the event and save the Princess. With this, the puppeteer vanishes. Zelda tells Link that if he needs to reform the Triforce she will need to give him the Triforce of Wisdom and enter the Sacred Realm to regain the Triforce of Power with the help from the new Sages. But then she tells Link that he will need to find her body in order to gain her piece. Eldin then tells Link to return to the Sanctuary believing Isllanis may have had something to do with Zelda's kidnapping. Zelda agrees and touches Link's cheek telling the hero to be strong and then she too vanishes.

Link returns to the Sanctuary to learn that it has been locked. The older woman from earlier tells Link that Isllanis has closed the Sanctuary to the public due to a private ceremony that he is holding inside. Link sneaks into the Sanctuary using the crawl space from earlier and enters the main hall where he hears organ music coming from the upper chambers. Link will have to navigate solving another puzzle involving him rearranging light crystals in the center chamber to proceed further. Once solved, the door opens and Link goes into a grand staircase leading to another chamber. As moves closer he hears the music growing louder and louder until he enters. Isllanis is playing the organ as Zelda lies on the floor beside him. He tells Link he's been expecting his arrival. He stands and peers to Zelda's form on the floor and back to Link. He remarks that she is a mere child who doesn't know the power she possesses. He then turns to Link and claim neither does he. The gravity of the situation is further notified as he continues speaking. Isllanis slowly walks up to Link with tiles on the floor starting to illuminate in a grand scope of various colors and hues. He tells Link about a tale from when he was a boy living in Kakariko. He tells him where he was the day of the eruption of Death Mountain. He was a young Page like Link who was sent to fetch supplies for a trading post near the village at Lake Hylia. He grew up in that village all his life and when he returned to see the aftermath of the destruction to his homeland, he fell into a deep depression, questioning why the Goddesses would allow such a catastrophe to occur. He then came to the conclusion it was because of "his" kind. He looks toward Zelda and Link. He claims the Hylians had tainted the sacred home of the honorable servants of Her Grace. Their lechery was a slap in the face to Her and She sought to deal with it. Slowly Isllanis's irises start changing color as does his skin, revealing tattoos under his eyes. He then reveals that he is the last of that honorable race and now with the Golden Power they will rise again. He then tells Link he plans to use his and Zelda's pieces to gain entry into the Sacred Realm to find the final piece, so he can complete his plan. And he will take them whether he is dead or alive, drawing two blades from his sleeves...

The Last Sheikah: Isllanis
Isllanis is a Sheikah who knows various forms of magic and ninja fighting styles. Link must dodge Isllanis's blades to avoid damage. Isllanis will use projectiles in the form of poison-tipped needles to cause damage and to poison Link slowly causing more damage. He also uses a mystical barrier to protect himself from Link's attacks. Sometimes Isllanis will lunge at Link with his blades resulting in a struggle between the two. Link must win the struggle to catch Isllanis off guard to deal damage to him.

After several strikes, Isllanis will tear off his Hylian robes to reveal traditional Sheikah armor underneath, allowing him to become extremely agile and combine his two blades into a single dual headed spear. He will now perform erratic flips and use Deku Nuts to disorient Link and teleport across the room while also using the same attacks as before. Link will again need to win his struggles to deal damage. After defeating him, Isllanis will fall to the floor and cough up what appears to be blood. He will reveal to Link that a masked puppeteer told him that a great Hero would come and reform the Golden Power. He also told him that this Hero would be the end of him if he continued to pursue his goals. He learns that the puppeteer was right. With his last breath, Isllanis screams in agony and questions why the Goddesses have forsaken him and his people. He then collapses on the floor succumbing to his wounds...

Last edited:
can't wait for the Direct tonight! I hope we get new character reveals!

Lana Can Use Deku Tree Attacks In Hyrule Warriors. August 3, 2014 . 10:03pm

Additionally, videos of Zelda and Link’s bonus costumes are available as well.

Koei Tecmo have released two new gameplay videos for Hyrule Warriors, showing off Zelda and Link’s extra costumes from the Treasure and Premium Box versions of the game. Also available is a new video of Lana using attacks involving the Great Deku Tree.
[YT]t0jWGmwEiPI[/YT]

[YT]jdOqP5JAlfc[/YT]

[YT]9ksMGhewlPk[/YT]

Read more stories about Hyrule Warriors & Videos & Wii U on Siliconera.

source: Siliconera

I need Deku jousting in the next Zelda game.

I'm also really enjoying the soundtrack.

Last edited:
Not quite as informational as one would want. Confirmed that Zant, Ghirahim, and Gannondorf as playable. New weapon for Lana, though apparently Link can get the Chain Chomp as a weapon. And it looks like the costumes sets are going to be separated by retailer. Hoping the Ocarina of Time set doesn't go to Gamestop.

Still, Adventure Mode looks like it will keep things interesting. And the Cucco's could be fun.

And Aonuma lies. Cutting grass is the cornerstone of Zelda.

I was hoping for two character reveals (I had already known about Ghirahim and Zant), but the Ganon reveal was cool. Also digging Adventure Mode!

Maybe it's because I haven't played any Dynasty Warrior games, but I am totally excited for this!

Ganondorf with a mullet. Sure, why not.

I still don't know about this game.

They didn't release a lot of information on characters or weapons, sure. But, it looks like they are leaving a lot to be unlockable, so they want to keep some stuff under wraps.
Still, info on Adventure Mode was welcome. It should help spice things up.

Ganondorf with a mullet. Sure, why not.

I still don't know about this game.
Your worry is valid.
yep Alot has just happened here we go.

Watch The Hyrule Warriors Nintendo Direct Presentation. August 4, 2014 . 7:38pm

A Nintendo Direct presentation for Koei Tecmo’s Hyrule Warriors will begin at 8:00 pm PST tonight.

A Nintendo Direct presentation for Koei Tecmo’s Hyrule Warriors will begin at 8:00 pm PST tonight, and you can watch it using the YouTube embed below.
[YT]3_DZtTR3zu0[/YT]

Zant And Girahim Are Playable In Hyrule Warriors. August 4, 2014 . 8:13pm

Zant has been confirmed as a playable character in Hyrule Warriors via Nintendo Direct.

Zant has been confirmed as a playable character in Hyrule Warriors via Nintendo Direct. Koei Tecmo revealed that he will not just be one of the game’s bosses, but a selectable character as well. Additionally, Girahim from Zelda: Skyward Sword is playable, too.

Read more stories about Hyrule Warriors & Wii U on Siliconera.

And lastly

Ganondorf Is Playable In Hyrule Warriors, Too. August 4, 2014 . 8:31pm

You’ll be able to avail additional costumes for the character by registering the game on U.S. Club Nintendo in North America.

We all saw it coming, but Koei Tecmo and Nintendo confirmed it during today’s Nintendo Direct presentation anyway—Ganondorf is a playable character in Hyrule Warriors. You’ll be able to avail additional costumes for the character by registering the game on U.S. Club Nintendo before October 23rd, 2014.

Ocarina of Time costume

Twilight Princess costume

Meanwhile, Koei Tecmo also announced that the bonus costumes for Zelda and Link—which are from Ocarina of Time, Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword—will be available as pre-order bonuses in North America.

Hyrule Warriors will be released in North America on September 26th.

The Nintendo Direct helped me think of this game as more than just a knockoff. Seems like a pretty fun game, really worth having on the Wii U

Is that really Ganon's OOT look? Man, I guess it's been a long time, because when I saw that I was like 'what is that look from?' The long hair original costume is just...odd. Not bad, just odd.

I have to say that this Direct really swayed me on this. I mean, it still has that Warriors core gameplay that's quick to get boring, but it does look like some real effort was made to bring some variety with the different weapons, big enemies, and Zelda themed items. Plus Adventure Mode seems like it could add some interest. I think I'm going to bite after all. I don't expect greatness, but I think I'm going to enjoy it.

Hyrule Warriors European Limited Edition Has The Hero Scarf. August 5, 2014 . 12:10am

Nintendo of Europe announced a limited edition bundle for Hyrule Warriors which includes a scarf.

Nintendo of Europe announced a limited edition bundle for Hyrule Warriors which includes a scarf. The hero’s scarf is also part of Japan’s treasure box, but it looks like the mini treasure chest won’t make it to Europe. No word if the Triforce clock, which is in the Premium box package will be released outside of Japan.

Hyrule Warriors comes out on September 19 for Wii U in Europe.

Read more stories about Hyrule Warriors & Wii U on Siliconera.

Seeing the close up picture, that scarf really doesn't look that great.

But I still want it. Give it to me, NOA. Give it to me and I will buy.

Is NOA doing any cool versions of Hyrule Warriors (other than the ******ed costume DLC)?

Hyrule Warriors Screenshots Show Ganondorf, Zant And Ghirahim In Action. August 5, 2014 . 9:32am

Three of the Hyrule Warriors bosses have been revealed as playable characters.
Nintendo have shared new screenshots from Hyrule Warriors, providing a look at Ganondorf, Zant and Ghirahim, all three of which were confirmed as playable characters in a Nintendo Direct presentation last night. You can view the screens below.

Additionally, Nintendo also announced that Hyrule Warriors has an “Adventure Mode” where players are faced with a grid of challenges that look like the map from the original Legend of Zelda on NES. Completing a challenge unlocks a new area of the map and a new level of Adventure Mode, and certain characters can only be unlocked this way.

There's way more images in the article it's self so you'll find them all there.

Yeah, NOA sucks. I was surprised we got the MK8 deal (we only got 4 games to chose from as opposed to 10, like Europe, but still).

Finally started A Link Between Worlds. Not played much so far, but I like how it just throws you into the action. There's no real tutorial to speak of, it's just like, "Hey, Link, do stuff. Go places" right out of the gate.

A Link Between Worlds is really great. I'm stuck in the Sand Temple right now. Getting to it was a goddamn nightmare.

Are we ready for the Majora's Mask remake speculation time again, everybody? Nintendo has been sending out wallpapers via the JP Club Nintendo to celebrate the Hanabi festival. And here's the one they sent out for Legend of Zelda today:

ibhAeBGuHh92vn.png

Hyrule Warriors website was updated earlier today with some new images, including what looks to be the roster. Fairly disappointing if the player characters is the entire roster, though it was mentioned in the Direct on Monday that there were secret characters to unlock in Adventure Mode. From what I'm reading, though, the Warrior spin-offs games (such as One Piece, Fist of the North Star) tend to have smaller rosters to begin with and then add with sequels and expansions, so this may be par the course.

dl_ganon_01.jpg

sanstitrenwlso.png

sanstitre1prquo.png

EDIT: Okay, just read about this from the Prima strategy guide, apparently they list that "over" 15 characters will be playable, so there's definitely a few more than what's listed.
http://www.pixeldynamo.com/news/gaming/2014/08/06/22857/take-peek-updated-hyrule-warriors-guide/

• Detailed maps and strategies - Each level will have a complete map with all collectables and bonuses marked as well as the best way to really tackle them.
  • Character guide - Hyrule Warriors features over 15 playable characters, but how will you get them all? Prima’s here to save the day; there’s an entire section the guide for that! Check out their skills, stories, and other unlockables.
  • Badge guide - Badges in this title are a lot like perks in many others, they improve stats and give characters new powers. As if the list wasn’t enough, materials and enemy drops are also listed.
  • “Bazaar” guide - This section between levels is where all badges, weapons and potions can be crafted and levels increased. Don’t worry. All materials and items needed for those tasks are listed.
  • “Behind the Scenes” - Over 70 pages of game artwork and developer interviews. Find out more about the reason why this collaboration came to be and why it is the way it is.

Last edited:
The roster is fine and all, but I guess I was expecting way more considering how many characters Dynasty Warriors tend to have (literally dozens and dozens). Was also kind of hoping for a few other off-the-beaten-path inclusions like Skull Kid.

I smell plot twist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"