Legend of Zelda Offical The Legend of Zelda Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I expected that because really the tech demo looks very similar to TP so I don't see how that is expecting to much so I don't know why you wouldn't expect that and has I said its not just that but you can almost not even tell the difference between TP and TP HD where with WW there was a much bigger difference between WW and WW HD. Also if you look at the dophin computer thing with TP it looks much much better the TP to. So really you expect people to pay 60 for a game where you have to stugler to even see that it looks better?So I don't think expecting TP to have a similar jump to that is expecting to much. TP, Wii u tech demo and ocarina of time are the 3 Zelda things that I would say have a realistic artstyle.

There's really not all that huge of a difference between WW and WW HD. It's well done, but I think it looks mainly because the visual style of WW aged much better than TP and served itself easier to being uprezzed. Whether or not it's worth it is entirely up to the customer. Personally, I think the HD version is a good step up. Worth $60, I don't know, but I don't know if $50 was right for WW HD either, but it is what it is.

As Killer said, you are underestimating a good deal how much work is put into game development. Just looking at that tech demo, you can tell that Link's model is different, and that the whole thing is way more refined looking than TP ever was. You can't just snap your fingers and overhaul a game's engine like that. You have to make new models for every character, you have to redo entire levels, etc. A lot of work. Even the 3DS Zelda remasters (which borderlines on remakes) didn't have that much work, they still took the base models of the game and improved on them. I won't dispute that more could be doe, but it's wholly unrealistic to expect what you apparently did.

And yeah, I wouldn't call any of those games realistic. Like I said, I get that you're just using it that word to mean not overly cartoony, but...I don't know, it's just not the right term to me. I mean, look at those pictures I posted from TP above, there's nothing realistic at all about how those characters look or the environments they inhabit. Maybe 'less stylized' would be better, but even then, those games still seem really stylized to me.

HD remasters are like changing a PC game's settings from medium to high and most of the time that's more or less all that's changed. Occasionally, like with Wind Waker, they might make small tweaks to the gameplay or graphics or throw in some small bit of extra content like with Twilight Princess. But even doing that much is the exception, rather than the rule.

Making Twilight Princess look like that tech demo would literally require remaking the entire from the ground up.

And yes, Tron is right. There's never been a realistic Zelda. All Zelda games are stylized.

Last edited:
There's really not all that huge of a difference between WW and WW HD. It's well done, but I think it looks mainly because the visual style of WW aged much better than TP and served itself easier to being uprezzed. Whether or not it's worth it is entirely up to the customer. Personally, I think the HD version is a good step up. Worth $60, I don't know, but I don't know if $50 was right for WW HD either, but it is what it is.

As Killer said, you are underestimating a good deal how much work is put into game development. Just looking at that tech demo, you can tell that Link's model is different, and that the whole thing is way more refined looking than TP ever was. You can't just snap your fingers and overhaul a game's engine like that. You have to make new models for every character, you have to redo entire levels, etc. A lot of work. Even the 3DS Zelda remasters (which borderlines on remakes) didn't have that much work, they still took the base models of the game and improved on them. I won't dispute that more could be doe, but it's wholly unrealistic to expect what you apparently did.

And yeah, I wouldn't call any of those games realistic. Like I said, I get that you're just using it that word to mean not overly cartoony, but...I don't know, it's just not the right term to me. I mean, look at those pictures I posted from TP above, there's nothing realistic at all about how those characters look or the environments they inhabit. Maybe 'less stylized' would be better, but even then, those games still seem really stylized to me.

While maybe that is not the right word to use but my point is that those Zelda games are less cartoon looking then the other Zelda games and the closest that any of the Zelda games have ever been to being realistic looking. While I still think that WW to WW HD look like a much bigger upgrade then TP to TP HD does. WW HD had much improved lighting where really TP HD looks like TP but a little more clear looking.

While maybe that is not the right word to use but my point is that those Zelda games are less cartoon looking then the other Zelda games and the closest that any of the Zelda games have ever been to being realistic looking. While I still think that WW to WW HD look like a much bigger upgrade then TP to TP HD does. WW HD had much improved lighting where really TP HD looks like TP but a little more clear looking.

It almost certainly comes down to visual styles on the matter of WWHD being visually more impressive looking than TPHD. WW doesn't have particularly detailed or complex character models and the textures are very simplistic, making it look better was basically a matter of upscaling the resolution updating a few textures, a couple models here and there and a new lighting system, Twilight Princess because of its more detailed style, is a much more involved process to make it look better, it's hard for them to update some things too much without making it jarring and requiring them to overhaul the entire game's graphics, and the work isn't going to show as obviously as it did for WW, directly comparing Twilight Princess HD to the original though you can see that they've done more work than many are giving them credit for.

Last edited:

Latest Twilight Princess Tweet Highlights Hyrule Castle. February 1, 2016 . 8:30am

The official Japanese Twitter account has posted more artwork from Twilight Princess HD, and this time it features Hyrule Castle, along with another message from Malo.

11 Thoughts Read >

The official Japanese Twitter account for The Legend of Zelda has been posting tweets lately featuring lots of artwork and information from The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD. In one of the most recent posts, we get a look at Hyrule Castle as well as the following message from “Malo.” [Thanks, Nintendo Everything.]

” …It’s Malo. The Hyrule Castle where Princess Zelda also lives in… Even when I look up I couldn’t see the top. …However, if it’s this spacious wouldn’t there be excess rooms? If it had a cheap rent, I’d like to open a Malo Mart at Hyrule Castle sometime…”

Additionally, a piece of artwork for Hyrule Castle was posted, showing the castle’s height details:
zeldatwilightprincesshd2_thumb.jpg

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD will release for the Wii U on March 4th.

Read more stories about Wii U & The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD on Siliconera.
source: Siliconera

Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess Concept Art Shows The Evolution Of The Light Spirits. February 2, 2016 . 9:00am

More concept artwork has been posted on the official Japanese Twitter for The Legend of Zelda,
and this time the post features the Light Spirits from the game.

More Twilight Princess concept artwork has been posted on the official Japanese Twitter for The Legend of Zelda, and this time the post features the Light Spirits from the game. [Thanks, Nintendo Everything.]

We also get another message from “Malo,” giving us a little more information about the early designs for the Light Spirits.
“…It’s Malo. These are now the divine Light Spirits… In the past, they had head of a beast, and body of a human… It’s a rare sight to be able to see these spirits in their growth period…”
Here’s a look at the concept artwork for the Light Spirits to get an idea of what Malo is talking about:

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD will release for the Wii U on March 4th.

Read more stories about Wii U & The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD on Siliconera.

IGN just did a comparison video between TPHD and the Wii and Gamecube versions, the game really is a bigger upgrade visually than people have been giving it credit for.

[YT]/watch?v=vTD0h0DZDgY[/YT]

ok so I have new details

Wii U
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD details GamePad features, Ghost Lantern item, and Hero Mode
Published 14 hours ago. 27 comments.
Ghost Lantern is a new item that will aid Link in the Poe Soul retrieving quest.

LoZ-Features_02-04-16.jpg

Nintendo has released new information and screenshots about The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD detailing the game’s Wii U GamePad features, a new “Ghost Lantern” item, and the availability of Hero Mode from the start of the game.

Get the information below.
Wii U GamePad

By using the Wii U GamePad, players can now easily manage their inventory, access the map and quickly transform into a wolf via the touch screen, all without pausing the game. Players will also be able to use the GamePad to access Miiverse and can even play the game off-TV. Miiverse posts can be decorated with dozens of new Twilight Princess-related Miiverse stamps, hidden away throughout Hyrule.

Ghost Lantern

The addition of a new item, the Ghost Lantern, will aid Link in the Poe Soul retrieving quest. When Link holds the Ghost Lantern it will helpfully glow when it detects a Poe in the area. Similarly, the number of Tears of Light that need to be collected by Link at various points in his adventure has been reduced from 16 to 12, making these collection tasks easier. Furthermore, if Link finds Rupees in a treasure chest while his wallet is already full, Rupees will no longer be returned to that chest. Players are also less likely to reach the limit of their wallets, as these have been modified to hold more Rupees.

Hero Mode

Zelda veterans or brave new players who desire an added challenge can opt to play in Hero Mode right from the start. A testing new way to play through the main adventure, in Hero Mode Link will take double the normal damage and there are no health-replenishing hearts to be found. In a final layer of challenge the game world is also mirrored, so dungeon layouts will be reversed. For those in search of the ultimate challenge, tapping the Ganondorf amiibo on the Wii U GamePad when in Hero Mode will cause Link to take a staggering four times the normal damage until the play session ends.
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD is due out for Wii U on March 4, 2016 in North America and Europe and March 10 in Japan

View the screenshots at the gallery.
visit gallery »

Read More

Wii U, Nintendo, Screenshots, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD

Advertisement
Advertisement

source: Gematsu

Twilight Princess HD Message Focuses On The Game’s Hero Mode. February 9, 2016 . 8:30am

The latest message posted on the official Twitter account features Malo yet again, and this time he has a few things to say in regards to the game’s Hero Mode.

A new Twilight Princess HD tweet has recently been posted on The Legend of Zelda’s official Japanese Twitter account. “Malo” once again makes a return, and this time he has a few things to say in regards to the game’s Hero Mode. [Thanks, Nintendo Everything.]
“…It’s Malo. In Hero Mode, the world becomes horizontally reversed… You also take twice the damage… You look so glad aren’t you… then stack it up with Ganondorf’s amiibo… You’ll take 4 times more damage then. …You look really glad now. So you have such a hobby eh…”

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD is scheduled to release for the Wii U on March 4th.

Newest Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD Trailer Highlights The Game’s Features. February 15, 2016 . 8:30am

The trailer focuses on the various features in the game including Link’s range of abilities in Wolf form,
as well as new additions like GamePad functionality and Hero Mode.

Nintendo has released the latest trailer for The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD. The trailer focuses on the various features in the game including Link’s range of abilities in Wolf form, as well as new additions like GamePad functionality and Hero Mode.

We also get a better look at the Cave of Shadows, a new area accessible via the Wolf Link amiibo.

Here’s a look at the official trailer.

[YT]LZNWbCragSk[/YT]

Latest Twilight Princess HD Tweet Highlights The Zora Armor. February 17, 2016 . 8:30am

The most recent Twilight Message HD on the official Japanese Twitter account features Malo’s thoughts on the Zora Armor.

Another Twilight Princess HD message has been posted to the official Japanese Twitter account. Much like the previous message, this post focuses on the Zora, though this time we get a little information from Malo about the Zora Armor. [Thanks, Nintendo Everything.]

Here’s the whole message from Malo:
“..It’s Malo. These clothes were specially made by the king of the Zora tribe, if you wear it you’ll be able to breathe underwater as well… You’ll understand it when you try to wear it, but you must have also known that you can now swim easier than before…”

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD
will release for the Wii U on March 4th.

two articles from the same place

New Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD Message Highlights The Goron. February 19, 2016 . 8:30am

A recent message from “Malo”
posted on the official Japanese Twitter for the Legend of Zelda features the Goron tribe.

The official Japanese Twitter account for The Legend of Zelda was once more updated with another Twilight Princess HD post. “Malo” has another message, and this time he talks a bit about the Goron tribe. [Thanks, Nintendo Everything.]

Here is Malo’s translated message:

…It’s Malo. The Goron tribe has skin that’s tough like a rock, and a strong body that can even break rocks… If you look down of them because they look elderly, you’ll be in a world of hurt… So proceed with caution…”

Also with

The Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD’s Sound Selection CD Features 20 Remastered Tracks. February 19, 2016 . 10:30am

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD Sound Selection CD features 20 remastered songs from the game.
Nintendo has put together a The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD Sound Selection CD. Depending on your region, this is either included with the limited edition version of the Nintendo Wii U game or offered as a pre-order promotion. It turns out, it will be a 20 track soundtrack with remastered songs.
Here’s the complete The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD Sound Selection tracklist.

1. “Title”
  2. “Teaser Music #1”
  3. “Ordon Village”
  4. “Midna’s Theme”
  5. “Hyrule Field Main Theme”
  6. “Spirit’s Lament”
  7. “Kakariko Village”
  8. “Death Mountain”
  9. “Queen Rutela’s Theme”
  10. “Lake Hylia”
  11. “Boss Battle Part 3”
  12. “Midna’s Lament”
  13. “Sacred Grove”
  14. “Malo Mart”
  15. “Ilia’s Theme”
  16. “Hidden Village”
  17. “Princess Zelda’s Theme”
  18. “The Final Battle Part 4”
  19. “Staff Roll Part 1”
  20. “Teaser Music #2”
People can find 20 to 30 second samples of each of the above songs on Nintendo’s website.

In North America, this The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD CD is only available to people who pre-order the limited edition through GameStop.

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD will be released on the Nintendo Wii U in both North America and Europe on March 4, 2016. It will come to Japan on March 10, 2016.

Read more stories about Nintendo Wii U & The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD on Siliconera.

I'm going to miss getting that soundtrack, it seems solid, but I don't want to give up my Prime discount that brings the game down to $50.

The original game came out 30 years ago yesterday. Crazy to think about. Here is my current list of my favorites in the series:

tzbIEU9.jpg

wwL2Dlx.jpg

BRl9NeF.jpg

a6wqPY6.jpg

N6wfRA0.jpg

K8fv11s.jpg

CTOBeb9.jpg

I've gotta admit, I love Zelda, but I've only played Oot, Windwaker, Twilight Princess and now Link Between Worlds.

I'm tempted to get Skyward Sword for my Wii, but I have barely have time to play my PS4 and 3DS.

Latest Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD Message Focuses On Poe Souls. February 22, 2016 . 8:30am

The official Japanese Twitter account for The Legend of Zelda was once again updated with another Twilight Princess HD post and “Malo” returns to talk about Poe Souls.

The official Japanese Twitter account for The Legend of Zelda was once again updated with another Twilight Princess HD post. This time, “Malo” returns to give us some information on Poe Souls and their new functionality with the GamePad. [Thanks, Nintendo Everything.]

“..It’s Malo. If you beat Poes who only appear at night, you can obtain the Poe Souls. Speaking of which, I heard someone in Castle Town has been wanting these… The number of spirits you’ve collected is recorded in the map on Wii U GamePad, so guys who tend to forget should be relieved too.”

Despite all the bad things I've heard about it, I'm getting pretty excited to finally play Twilight Princess.

The original game came out 30 years ago yesterday. Crazy to think about. Here is my current list of my favorites in the series: [snip]

Is the second one supposed to be LTTP? Or one of the Oracle games?

Nothing has topped Wind Waker for me. It's one of the best games I've ever played period.

Despite all the bad things I've heard about it, I'm getting pretty excited to finally play Twilight Princess.
The opening is painfully boring. But after that it really is a better playing version of Ocarina imo.

Is the second one supposed to be LTTP? Or one of the Oracle games?
It is in fact Link to the Past. :yay:

Nothing has topped Wind Waker for me. It's one of the best games I've ever played period.
I have trouble picking between TP, WW and MM for my favorite 3D Zelda. It use to be OoT, but going back and playing it has not been kind. The others hold up much better imo.

I'm a sucker for the Oracle games. They were my first Zelda games that I owned. I rented Link's Awakening just about every week, so when the Oracles came out, I had my mom drive me to Target to get it on release day.

I still replay one of them every few years.

I have trouble picking between TP, WW and MM for my favorite 3D Zelda. It use to be OoT, but going back and playing it has not been kind. The others hold up much better imo.

Classic or Remake?

How does Majora's Mask hold up significantly better than Ocarina of Time?

Classic or Remake?
The version they released on the Gamecube. So basically, the original.

How does Majora's Mask hold up significantly better than Ocarina of Time?
The general gameplay is not much better, but the games mechanics work a lot better imo. Keeps it fresh and makes it significantly different then the other Zelda games imo. OoT was basically remade in TP, and it just plays so much better in terms of how it plays.

I'm a sucker for the Oracle games. They were my first Zelda games that I owned. I rented Link's Awakening just about every week, so when the Oracles came out, I had my mom drive me to Target to get it on release day.

I still replay one of them every few years.
I feel like the handleheld Zelda games are quite under appreciated. A lot of days as a kid just playing the heck out of them. Same as an adult. :funny:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"