Legend of Zelda Offical The Legend of Zelda Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
SS? You mean Skyward Sword?

Skyward sword is about my 4th favorite Zelda game but early on I thought it would be more like my 3erd favorite. The dungeons are good but the story is weak and you have to fight the same boss basicly like 5 times.

Also those nasty, nasty motion controls. Blech.

I liked the motion controls. The only problem I had was that towards the end of the game my wii controller started to break has I wouldn't even touch the controller and my guy would start running in place like I was tell him to movie or something even though I wasn't. I bough a new controller and I was still having the issue then I tried my wii u sesar bar and I didn't have that issue any more. So I guess it was the sesar bar not the controller.

Never could do much with motion controls. Just never clicked with me. Cool idea, but should be optional.

Never could do much with motion controls. Just never clicked with me. Cool idea, but should be optional.

Over all I don't like motion controls and I thought the wii was a much worse system then wii u. The wii u tablet I think is much better and wii u has like 4 times has many good games has wii did. I liked how with the combat in the game you had to kind of aim where you swing to take guys out not just random swings like in ever other Zelda game.

Not sure about top five, but ALBW would be pretty high on my list.

The thing about ALBW that I feel makes it feel super easy and short is that it's a fairly open and accessible world, and after a certain point, you can basically get every weapon early on.

It's not like most other games that let you access environments, but leave you unable to progress because you need a power-up or tool that you won't get until much later.

Video Compares How Hyrule Warriors Legends Runs On The 3DS And The New 3DS. January 18, 2016 . 9:30am

With Hyrule Warriors Legends just days away from releasing in Japan,
a new video has surfaced, giving us a look at the game being played on both an original Nintendo 3DS, as well as a New 3DS.

With Hyrule Warriors Legends just days away from releasing in Japan, a new video has surfaced, giving us a look at the game being played on both an original Nintendo 3DS, as well as a New 3DS. You can check out the video comparing the two versions below.

[YT]y2J98CvVau4[/YT]

As you can see, the performance and overall graphical quality of the original 3DS is a bit lesser when compared side-by-side to the New 3DS.

Hyrule Warriors Legends will release for the Nintendo 3DS in Japan on January 21st, in North America and Europe on March 25th, and in Australia on March 26th.

Read more stories about Nintendo 3DS & New Nintendo 3DS & Hyrule Warriors Legends on Siliconera.

source: Siliconera

http://nintendoeverything.com/famitsu-sheds-light-on-zelda-twilight-princess-hds-amiibo-features/

amiibo functions for TP HD revealed:

Wolf Link unlocks the Thorough Battle: Trial of the Beast area. Clearing this area with the giant's wallet increases your maximum rupee count to 9999.

Link and Toon Link fully replenish your arrows once per day.

Zelda and Shiek fully replenish your hearts once per day

Ganondorf makes you take double damage.

No word on what it carries to Zelda U

Looks like I gotta go pick up a Zelda amiibo. I have Ganondorf and Link.

I don't know if I'm glad or disappointed that the mini-dungeon the wolf Link amiibo unlocks is just a survival challenge as Wolf-Link, probably glad though, I don't like to see any content of note get gated behind things like DLC and amiibo, not on release day that is.

It's not much of a problem if said amiibo comes with the game.

You want the extra content? Pay extra and get the extra toy.

ok so I have two articles one withthe info graph of time line of TWP the other is about Hyrule warrior's legends amiibo support

Legend of Zelda Infographic Shows Where Twilight Princess Falls On The Timeline. January 20, 2016 . 9:30am

The official Japanese Twitter account for the Zelda series has posted a new message from “Malo,” as well as a timeline detailing the game series’ history.

With The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD releasing in just under two months from now, the official Japanese Twitter account has been recently posting messages regarding the game and the series as a whole. [Thanks, Nintendo Everything.]

The latest post features a message from “Malo,” which you can read below.
“…it’s Malo. This is a rare article brought by the pops with mustache… (note: likely Aonuma) So according to this, this story is the era of victory of the Hero of Time. The Hero of Time? …I don’t know the details, but why is everyone wearing green clothes? …if they’re of the same brand. That’s gotta be really good product appeal.”
The message was also accompanied by this timeline of Zelda games that have been released since 2011, and how they fall in the series’ chronological order.

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD will release for the Wii U on March 4th.

Read more stories about Wii U & The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD on Siliconera.

Also with

Hyrule Warriors Legends Supports All amiibo. January 20, 2016 . 11:00am

Just like Hyrule Warriors, Hyrule Warriors Legends will work with all amiibo,

even if they’re not based on The Legend of Zelda characters.

Nintendo and Koei Tecmo have updated the Japanese Hyrule Warriors Legends website, which means we know exactly how amiibo compatibility will work with the Nintendo 3DS game. Like the Nintendo Wii U version of Hyrule Warriors, any one of Nintendo’s NFC figures is fair game.

Awards vary based on the sort of amiibo used. All NFC figures based on characters from The Legend of Zelda series scanned into the game will provide one rare weapon. This includes the Link and Toon Link amiibo, since the Spinner doesn’t need to be unlocked in Hyrule Warriors Legends. If you scan any other amiibo, it will randomly give you materials or rupees. Each amiibo can only be scanned once per day.

Hyrule Warriors Legends will be released on the Nintendo 3DS in Japan on January 21. It will come to North America on March 25, then to Europe a day later on March 26. Should someone go for a download copy, it will be 16,101 blocks, which is about 2GB of space.

Read more stories about Nintendo 3DS & amiibo & Hyrule Warriors Legends on Siliconera.

oh it seems I nearly missed this with Hyrule warriors

Hyrule Warriors Legends Shows Off Its Time Attack And Rush Battle Modes. January 20, 2016 . 3:30am

Yosuke Hayashi and voice actress Ruriko Aoki are back with the fourth of their Hyrule Warriors Legends gameplay video series, where they go head to head in a “Time Attack” and “Rush Battle” modes.

Koei Tecmo producer Yosuke Hayashi and voice actress Ruriko Aoki are back with the fourth of their Hyrule Warriors Legends gameplay video series. Today they go head to head in a “Time Attack” and “Rush Battle” modes.
[YT]duZTdZI8k5U[/YT]
The video starts out with the first Time Attack challenge, where the goal is to be the first one to take out 700 enemies. Producer Hayashi-san starts out with a pretty good lead after finding the first batch of monsters, but things get pretty close at the end.

The next challenge is the “Rush Battle,” where the two compete to see who can take out more mobs within six minutes.

Hyrule Warriors Legends will release in Japan on January 21, and North America and Europe on March 25, 2016 for Nintendo 3DS. You can check out the previous gameplay footage from the two in our earlier report.

Read more stories about Nintendo 3DS & Hyrule Warriors Legends on Siliconera.

3DS
New 3DS XL Hyrule Edition announced for Europe
Published 14 hours ago. 36 comments.
Bundle launching alongside Hyrule Warriors Legends.

Nintendo will release a New 3DS XL Hyrule Edition system in Europe on March 24, the company announced. It contains a gold-colored New 3DS XL featuring a Hylian Crest design on the front.

The system will launch day and date with Hyrule Warriors Legends for 3DS, which was previously planned for a March 25 release in Europe. Now it will launch a day earlier, since March 25 is Good Friday.

Hyrule Warriors Legends also features Amiibo compatibility:
By tapping the Wolf Link amiibo onto the NFC area of a New 3DS or New 3DS XL system, or by using the 3DS NFC Reader/Writer accessory with 2DS, 3DS or 3DS XL systems, players will be able to unlock enhanced weapons for Midna. Other The Legend of Zelda Amiibo from the Super Smash Bros. Collection will also unlock enhanced weapons for their respective characters in the game.
As previously announced, Hyrule Warriors Legends will also be available in a special edition including a compass in Europe.

Read More

3DS, Bundles, Europe, Hyrule Warriors Legends, Koei Tecmo, New 3DS, Nintendo, Omega Force

source: Gematsu

Hyrule Warriors Footage Features Tetra And The King of Hyrule Wii U Gameplay. January 22, 2016 . 9:30am

A few new videos have surfaced, giving us a look at Tetra
and the King of Hyrule in battle on the Wii U version of Hyrule Warriors.

As was mentioned in a previous post, players who purchase Hyrule Warriors Legends for the 3DS will receive a code which will allow them to transfer the new characters only available in the 3DS version over to the Wii U version of Hyrule Warriors.

A few new videos have surfaced, giving us a look at Tetra and the King of Hyrule in battle on the Wii U version, which you can check out below.

Tetra gameplay #1:
[YT]jBnf3Ybzhrg[/YT]
Tetra gameplay #2:

[YT]cVYyH0Ur7X8[/YT]
King of Hyrule gameplay:

[YT]JXpHOxio_qI[/YT] Hyrule Warriors Legends will release in Japan on January 21st, and North America and Europe on March 25th, 2016 for Nintendo 3DS.

Read more stories about Nintendo 3DS & Wii U & Hyrule Warriors Legends on Siliconera.

Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD Gets A New Screenshot And Message. January 25, 2016 . 8:30am

A recent post on the official Japanese Twitter account gives us a look at the latest screenshot from Twilight Princess HD, along with another message from “Malo.”

The official Japanese Twitter account for the Legend of Zelda has been updated. This time, we get a look at the latest screenshot from The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD, as well as another message from “Malo,” describing some of Wolf Link’s various abilities. [Thanks, Nintendo Everything.]

Here’s a look at the message:
“…It’s Malo. It’s the first time I’ve seen someone being able to transform into a wolf without having to see the moon… So with sharpened senses, he can look at things that normally couldn’t be seen, track with scents, and even put up a barrier to attack (referring to the shadow circle)… Isn’t that surpassing the boundary of a wolf…?”

And here’s the screenshot the message seems to be referring to.

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD will release for the Wii U on March 4th.

Read more stories about Wii U & The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD on Siliconera.

Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD Video Compares Load Times To The Original. January 26, 2016 . 8:30am

The latest video from GameXplain compares animation and loading times of the upcoming Wii U version to the original.

26 Thoughts Read >

GameXplain has released another comparison video for The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD.

This time, they used footage from the latest Nintendo Minute and compared it to footage from the original Wii version, and found that the difference in animations and load times for certain areas to be very noticeable.

You can watch the video below to check out the full side-by-side comparison.
[YT]5dwD0CPth7M[/YT]

Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD Concept Artwork Showcases Ilia. January 27, 2016 . 9:30am

The official Japanese Twitter for the Legend of Zelda was recently updated with another Twilight Princess HD post and, this time, the post includes concept artwork for the character Ilia.

The official Japanese Twitter for the Legend of Zelda was recently updated with another Twilight Princess HD post. This time, the post includes concept artwork along with another message from “Malo.” The concept art features the character Ilia and some of her earlier designs.

Here is the message from “Malo” regarding Ilia:
“…It’s Malo. Hey you… Are you frightened by Ilia? She’s normally kind, but when she’s mad she’s very scary indeed… such Ilia used to be naughty in the past… You see, she put things like a fairy sticker on her forehead… But when you look at it closer, it feels rather eerie.”
And here’s a look at the artwork.

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD
will release for the Wii U on March 4th.

Read more stories about The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD on Siliconera.

I really can't help but feel like, visually, Twilight Princess has just not aged all that well.

I'm not all that impressed as much as I was with Wind Waker.

TP always had a bit of an ugly look to it. I could never tell, though, if it was intentional due to the darker nature of the game or if it was just...ugly.

Twilight Princess was my favorite :(

WW was probably the better game, but I'm still waiting for a nothing Zelda game with the gritty, realistic look of TP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"