Legend of Zelda Offical The Legend of Zelda Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like the handleheld Zelda games are quite under appreciated. A lot of days as a kid just playing the heck out of them. Same as an adult. :funny:

I've always liked them more than the 3D games. But mostly because of nostalgia.

The only two handheld Zelda games I've ever really liked were Link's Awakening and Link Between Worlds.

Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD Tweet Focuses On The Ghost Lantern. February 23, 2016 . 8:30am

“Malo” has left another Twilight Princess HD message on the official Japanese Twitter account for The Legend of Zelda,
and the subject this time is the Ghost Lantern item.

“Malo” has left another Twilight Princess HD message on the official Japanese Twitter account for The Legend of Zelda. The subject of the message this time is the Ghost Lantern item. [Thanks, Nintendo Everything.]

Here’s what Malo had to say about the Ghost Lantern:
“…It’s Malo. This is not a simple lantern… It’s called the “Ghost Lantern”, and it also detects the existence of Poes during day and will let you know about it…… so you can be like ‘It’s useless to hide yourself!’ Time is money… so use it well.”

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD will release for the Wii U on March 4th.

Read more stories about Wii U & The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD on Siliconera
source: Siliconera

My top 5 favorite Zelda games are like this.

1. Oot
2. TP
3. Link to the past
4. Skyward sword
5. Windwaker

A few thing Oot and TP are by far my top 2. Link to the past was the first Zelda game I owned. Oot I have on the gamecube collection thing never had a N64. Skyward sword I though at one point would be my 3erd favorite Zelda but the story wasn't has good has Oot and TP or Windwaker and the boss fights where to repectative. I mean you fight the same guy like 5 times lol. I didn't have issue with the motional controls like some people did. Wind waker I never cared for the artstyle and I perfore the more realistic art style of Oot and TP but Wind waker is still great but really just about ever Zelda game is amazing.

The only two handheld Zelda games I've ever really liked were Link's Awakening and Link Between Worlds.
Those two are definitely my favorite handheld ones. I use to be a 3D Zelda person, but as I have gotten older, I find myself enjoying the 2D ones more, especially the classics.

The gameplay is tighter, more rhythmic, while usually avoiding the more superfluous "open world" stuff.

My top 5 favorite Zelda games are like this.

1. Oot
2. TP
3. Link to the past
4. Skyward sword
5. Windwaker

A few thing Oot and TP are by far my top 2. Link to the past was the first Zelda game I owned. Oot I have on the gamecube collection thing never had a N64. Skyward sword I though at one point would be my 3erd favorite Zelda but the story wasn't has good has Oot and TP or Windwaker and the boss fights where to repectative. I mean you fight the same guy like 5 times lol. I didn't have issue with the motional controls like some people did. Wind waker I never cared for the artstyle and I perfore the more realistic art style of Oot and TP but Wind waker is still great but really just about ever Zelda game is amazing.
Outside of feeling the motion controls just weren't good, they also had this problem of breaking any sort of immersion. Link shaking, the flailing, etc. I gave up on Skyward Sword near the end. I could no longer be bothered, which for me was crazy considering I just finish Zelda games. I don't plan on going back unless they ditch the motion controls in a future re-release.

Those two are definitely my favorite handheld ones. I use to be a 3D Zelda person, but as I have gotten older, I find myself enjoying the 2D ones more, especially the classics.

The gameplay is tighter, more rhythmic, while usually avoiding the more superfluous "open world" stuff.

Outside of feeling the motion controls just weren't good, they also had this problem of breaking any sort of immersion. Link shaking, the flailing, etc. I gave up on Skyward Sword near the end. I could no longer be bothered, which for me was crazy considering I just finish Zelda games. I don't plan on going back unless they ditch the motion controls in a future re-release.

While I liked the motion controls and liked how you couldn't just swing randomly to hit enemies. The only issue I had with them at all was something that wasn't even the game's flaut but more my controllers kind of thing. That was towards the end I started having a problem where I wouldn't even tuch the controller and my guy would start to run like I was pushing left or right or up or down. I thought it was the controller so I got a new one and was still having issue. Then for the heck of it I tried using my wii u senser bar and had no issues. So it was my senser bar that was causing issues.

I've never really had a strong preference for 2D and 3D Zeldas.

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD Gets Three New Trailers. February 24, 2016 . 8:30am

Nintendo has recently shared three new trailers for The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD,
with each video focusing on a different element of the game.

Nintendo has recently shared three new trailers for The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD, which will release for the Wii U next month.

The first of the new trailers shows off the game’s more creepy and terrifying moments, while the second focuses on Link’s wolf form. The third and final video shows off a bit of Twilight Princess HD’s battle gameplay.

You can check out each of the videos below.

Video #1:

[YT]Mm_o3dthlX0[/YT]
Video #2:

[YT]Ai6aA6m0BHc[/YT]
Video #3:

[YT]OyCGzfqP8IM[/YT] The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD will release for the Wii U on March 4th, and March 10th in Japan.

Read more stories about Wii U & The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD on Siliconera.

mqdefault.jpg
1:02:58
[YT]5wt9ecCWyRU[/YT]

Let's Play The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD

• 1 day ago

Also with

Latest Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD Message Highlights The Gale Boomerang. February 25, 2016 . 8:30am

“Malo” has left another message on the official Japanese Twitter account for The Legend of Zelda,

and this time the post focuses on the Gale Boomerang and its functions.

Over on the official Japanese Twitter account for The Legend of Zelda, another Twilight Princess HD message has been left by “Malo.” The focus of this latest post is the Gale Boomerang item and how it functions. [Thanks, Nintendo Everything.]

Here’s Malo’s full message:

“…It’s Malo. A boomerang that generates a tornado the same time it’s thrown, huh… It can pull items and spin windmills, so it’s handy indeed. …Hey, don’t use it inside the shop, okay? If you break my goods you’ll have to compensate for it in double.”
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD will release for the Wii U on March 4th.

Read more stories about Wii U & The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD on Siliconera.

source: EPN.tv& Siliconera

Last edited:

3DS, NX
Rumor: 3DS 2016 plans leaked, The Legend of Zelda Wii U an NX holiday 2016 launch title

Published 12 hours ago. 311 comments.

Fun code names and Disney games.

3DS-Zelda-Rumor_02-26-16.jpg

On February 22, a NeoGAF user posted a thread containing reportedly source-verified information about Nintendo’s 3DS plans for 2016. One of the listings was for a 20th anniversary Pokemon game code-named “Niji” due out this holiday.

Today, Nintendo announced Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon. The logo images included with the press release are titled “Niji_A_logo” and “Niji_B_logo,” respectively. Thus, we can now look at this report with more credence.

First, here’s the list of Nintendo-funded 3DS games planned for 2016, according to the user’s source:
Spring to Early Summer

• Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games
  • Nintendo Selects Wave 1
  • Hyrule Warriors: Legends
  • Disney Art Academy
  • Bravely Second: End Layer
  • Code Name: “Caviar F” (a smaller budget game for all ages)
  • Metroid Prime: Federation Force
Summer

• Code Name: “Torte City” (a big budget game for all ages)
  • Dragon Quest VII: Fragments of the Forgotten Past
  • Code Name: “Cadillac” (a smaller budget game for all ages / late summer)
Fall to Holiday

• 3DS Hardware price cut
  • Code Name: “N-Stars” (a big budget game for all ages)
  • Nintendo Selects Wave 2
  • Code Name: “DMW2” (possibly Disney Magical World 2)
  • Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King
  • Pokémon 20th Anniversary Game “Niji”
The source also claimed that the new The Legend of Zelda game will be a holiday 2016 release for Nintendo’s new platform, code-named NX, and will either launch day and date with the Wii U version, or shortly after during the NX holiday launch window. NX launch games for 2016 besides The Legend of Zelda, as well as its marketing focus, remain hidden for now.
If numbers are your thing, the source also shared some marketing budgets:

• Wii U has a marketing budget of $34.5 million for 2016. $10 million of that budget belongs to The Legend of Zelda for Wii U, with the possibility of it being switched to the NX version depending on launch timing in 2016.
  • 3DS has a marketing budget of $56.25 million for 2016.
Nintendo plans to fully reveal NX at some point this year. Super Smash Bros. is also rumored to be launching with the platform.

Read More

3DS, NX, Leaks, Nintendo, The Legend of Zelda Wii U, Unannounced Game

source: Gematsu

Wouldn't be much of a surprise, I guess, since many expected it. Be interesting if the NX ends up being a handheld, though. It would be the first time, that I can think of, where a game was cross-gen with a console and a handheld.

I think Nintendo wants to own E3 this Summer.

So I ordered Majoras Mask last night from Best Buy since there's a sale going on now, and I went to pick up the game at the store, along with another one I ordered earlier in the week and they almost gave me a Wii U Zelda game. I think it may have been Windwaker HD but the case looked a little whiter so I think it was actually Twilight Princess.

I told the cashier that it was the wrong game just based on the case, but now that I think about it, I'm wondering if I should have just stood shut and sold it somewhere else, since I don't have a Wii U. But the person who packed it said whatever game they gave me was supposed to be shipped to someone, so I wonder if they would have found out and tried to get it back had I kept it.

I mean, the box arts for TP HD and WW HD are super different. Both have their respective artstyle from the game, so I don't think it'd hard to figure out which one it was? TP HD isn't out until next Friday, either, so I'm guessing WW.

I mean, the box arts for TP HD and WW HD are super different. Both have their respective artstyle from the game, so I don't think it'd hard to figure out which one it was? TP HD isn't out until next Friday, either, so I'm guessing WW.
I couldn't really make out the exact cover art since there was a sticker on the front, but I think it may have actually been Hyrule Warriors. Still, it's weird that they were going to give me a WiiU game instead of a 3DS one.

Latest Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD Tweet Explains Changes To Treasure Chests. February 29, 2016 . 8:30am

Another new message has been posted on the official Japanese Twitter account for The Legend of Zelda, and “Malo” explains the changes to chests in Twilight Princess HD.

Another new message from “Malo” has been posted on the official Japanese Twitter account for The Legend of Zelda. This time, Malo explains the changes to chests in Twilight Princess HD, and how Rupees aren’t put back into treasure chests even if your wallet happens to be full. [Thanks, Nintendo Everything.]

Here’s Malo’s translated message:
“…It’s Malo. According to pops with the beard (note: likely referring to Aonuma), the Rupees taken won’t be returned to treasure chests even if your wallet is full. …with this, you should be able to more easily understand how far you have progressed… but where did the excess Rupees go? …You shouldn’t think too hard about it.”

Most Of The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD’s Changes Speed Up The Experience. March 1, 2016 . 1:30pm

Many of The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD’s refinements may be minor,

but they can save you a lot of time as you play.

With The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD, people are getting an opportunity to re-experience one of the series’ dark entries again, this time with a few tweaks to make everything more welcoming. It’s prettier, for sure, but improved visuals aren’t the real focus of the HD remaster. It’s more about helping people get through more minor and distracting tasks so they can get back to what’s important – playing the game.

The biggest and best of which is based upon the Nintendo Wii U’s most unique feature, the GamePad. You don’t realize how much time you spend looking at maps and menus in a The Legend of Zelda game until one gives you the option to not stop everything so you can. Early on, this doesn’t make much of a difference. It isn’t like the Forest Temple is too challenging in the scheme of things. The further you get in the The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD, the more important it gets. It’s minor, but it is a time saving measure. It will vary from person to person, but it has made a pretty big difference for me. There’s a convenience to having a full map ahead of you. It helps you think things through in a way a minimap can’t.

To be honest, everything about the Nintendo Wii U GamePad in The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD is rather wonderful. My favorite part is off-screen play, which may seem silly. There’s something comforting about having something as reassuring as a Legend of Zelda everywhere. The game doesn’t automatically tell you how to pull it off, like Xenoblade Chronicles X did, but pressing the “-“ button switches everything to the lower screen. Again, it helps make gameplay more conducive, giving you more time with it than you might normally get. It’s handy.

Certainly handier than the Ghost Lantern, what theoretically could have been one of The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD’s best additions. It’s an item that helps you find Poe Souls. Getting all those ghosts was trying in the first game, since you’d only have a number on the map showing how many were in each region, but not get an exact number. You could only find and collect them in-game at night. The Ghost Lantern now lets you expose these Poe Souls during the day, making it easier to find them during the night.

Which is the Ghost Lantern’s failing. Jovani gives it to you after you turn in 20 of the 60 Poe Souls, at the same time as a bottle of Great Fairy Tears. You’ve already found a third of them by the time you can make use of it. Then, when it is there, it doesn’t offer you the ease you’d expect. Certainly, it helps you pin down Poe Soul locations. Especially if you’re going by some vague guide online, where you have an idea of where one is, but might not know specifics. Sadly, it doesn’t help with the actual acquisition. It still has to be night to battle one, and that means you have to wait for time to pass in The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD again. It helps, but you’re still stuck waiting for the chance to carry everything out. It doesn’t speed things up as much as you’d hope.

Fortunately, the Tears of Light quests do make things go faster. When you know a dungeon is nearby, you want to quickly clear an area and restore a spirit so Link can get on with his quest. His wolf form is cool, but it’s always best to have the freedom to be a human with the option to transform into a wolf with a touch of the GamePad. While it is only 4 fewer Tears of Light in each area, it matters. There’s less hunting, going through what feels like busy work so you can get back to what really matters. It feels like it really centers your focus. Restoring Faron, Eldin, and Lanaryu is important. Certainly, it seems like 4 tears doesn’t make a big difference. In action, it does.

You can spend a lot of time trying to get through The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD. I haven’t collected all the Poe Souls or beaten the Cave of Shadows or Cave or Ordeals, and I’ve already spent 35 hours on the game. I could see that jumping up at least another 10 hours, if I decide to do everything. Spending less time anxiously checking a map, getting spirits restored so Link can continue on epic quests, and pinning down locations for Poe Souls really helps. Yes, the Ghost Lantern could have been better, but the other updates make up for it not giving you more immediate access to Poe Souls.

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD will come to the Nintendo Wii U on March 4, 2016.

Read more stories about Nintendo Wii U & The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD on Siliconera.

Latest Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD Message Focuses On The Iron Boots. March 2, 2016 . 8:30am

“Malo” has left yet another Twilight Princess HD message and this time he expresses his skepticism regarding the Iron Boots item in the game.

“Malo” has left yet another Twilight Princess HD message on the official Japanese Twitter account for The Legend of Zelda. This time, he expresses his skepticism regarding the Iron Boots item in the game. [Thanks, Nintendo Everything.]

Here is Malo’s translated message:

“…It’s Malo. He’s wearing boots made of iron… But why could he stand upside-down… Normally he should have fallen… Until the trick is exposed, I won’t let him out of my shop even for one step…”

3DS
Hyrule Warriors Legends Season Pass announced

Published 5 hours ago. 21 comments.
The Wind Waker's Medli launching as free downloadable character.

Hyrule-Warriors-Legends-Season-Pass-Ann.jpg

Nintendo has announced a Season Pass for Hyrule Warriors Legends, which will give you access to four downloadable content packs, as well as a bonus costume for Ganondorf available on launch day.

The four packs will also be available for purchase individually in Nintendo eShop during the next few months.

Medli, from The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker, will launch as a free downloadable character alongside first downloadable content pack.
Hyrule Warriors Legends is due out for 3DS in North America and Europe on March 25.

View a new set of screenshots at the gallery.

visit gallery »

Read More

3DS, DLC, Hyrule Warriors Legends, Koei Tecmo, Nintendo, Omega Force, Screenshots

source: Gematsu

Okay, so Hyrule Warriors Legends, which is a downport of a Wii U title that has expanded content is getting a season pass...but none of that is coming to the original Wii U version, nor is apparently any of the expanded content unless you buy the 3DS downport.

All the what.

Koei probably just didn't want to put in the effort.

Okay, so Hyrule Warriors Legends, which is a downport of a Wii U title that has expanded content is getting a season pass...but none of that is coming to the original Wii U version, nor is apparently any of the expanded content unless you buy the 3DS downport.

All the what.

Koei probably just didn't want to put in the effort.

it's coming to the wiiu as well. it's just the reporter of Gematsu didn't put that up likely cause when he put it up it wasn't available when he picked it up. Siliconera who posted it later then the reporter from Gematsu put his up.

I'm pretty sure some one is telling the former news outlet about it, so they can make the corrections over there.

Medli from The Wind Waker Is Headed To Hyrule Warriors Legends Via DLC. March 3, 2016 . 2:58pm

Nintendo announced during today’s Direct presentation that Hyrule Warriors Legends is getting a season pass for 3DS, along with Medli from The Wind Waker as a DLC character.

Nintendo announced during today’s Direct presentation that Hyrule Warriors Legends is getting a season pass for 3DS, along with Medli from The Wind Waker as a DLC character.

The season pass features all DLC packs, that includes a Ganondorf costume as a bonus. Medli will appear as the first DLC, and will be available for free on 3DS and also on Hyrule Warriors on Wii U. Season pass-owners will also get to have the new characters on the Wii U title.

Hyrule Warriors Legends will release on March 25, 2016 for Nintendo 3DS. A price has yet to be announced for the season pass.

Read more stories about Nintendo 3DS & Hyrule Warriors Legends on Siliconera.

The wording of that sounds like it's only Medli that's coming, not the entire season pass.

I know it's not specifically what you're asking for, but I have a strong suspicion that we're going to see a number of "complete editions" of Wii U games show up on the NX and I think Hyrule Warriors will probably be among them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"