Pokémon It's the Pokemon thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's one of those Pokemon that I don't like that much as others, just because it doesn't look as cool as most of the others. But damn if he isn't useful. I know I had one that knew Cut and Strength...and I think maybe Surf.

Which reminds me. There really needs to be a pokemon that can learn all HM moves (besides Mew). There's nothing more annoying that wasting a valuable move spot on something like Flash, or wasting a spot on your team for that one low level Pokemon that does know Flash.

I usually had someone like Raticate that was my HM slave. I ****ing hated it when I'd be playing through the game, and I'd have to give up a move spot for cut, or rock smash. A Venusaur has no business knowing cut! :cmad:

I remember my very first play through, I was all about stacking my Blastoise with HMs.

"He can learn Strength AND Surf?!? HELL YES!!" Poor, naive young Scarecrow King.

I remember my very first play through, I was all about stacking my Blastoise with HMs.

"He can learn Strength AND Surf?!? HELL YES!!" Poor, naive young Scarecrow King.

I did the same thing, but to a Snorlax

Does anyone have that Pokemon they can't evolve because they love it so much or despite it probably not being the best fighter in your team you have to have it in your party? I have one it's my Meowth. I don't know why, but I love it and for some strange reason refuse to evolve into a Persian.

Does anyone have that Pokemon they can't evolve because they love it so much or despite it probably not being the best fighter in your team you have to have it in your party? I have one it's my Meowth. I don't know why, but I love it and for some strange reason refuse to evolve into a Persian.

Nah, I always go for evolving. If I could've evolved my Yellow Pikachu, I would have.

There are some Pokemon I don't like to evolve such as my Pikachu. The only way I'd probably evolve it, would be if I have an extra one of the same species.

Lickitung. I ****ing hate it's evolved form so much!

Haha I Googled it. I would never evolve something as awesome as Lickitung into that piece of crap.

Lickitung has an evolved form now? When did that happen?

Yep. It's called Lickilicky

lickilicky.jpg

I always liked the weird, one-off Pokemon that didn't evolve. Lickitung, Jynx, Farfetch'd, Snorlax. They were all awesome to me.

I'm the same. God help them if they evolve Kangaskhan.

I'd like to see Farfetch'd evolve into a Flying/Fighting and his stick becomes a sword. I always found him interesting. I remember in Red and Blue, I used him after trading for him because he could learn Cut and Fly. I thought that was awesome.

Which reminds me, Generation IV, aka Diamond/Pearl/Platinum, really dropped the ball when it came to Pre-Evos and Evos for past Pokemon. Licklicky was definitely one of the less desirables.

I would actually disagree with that. If you want to argue about their designs, that's subjective. However, a lot of them either gave much needed stat boosts to Pokemon making them more usable or helped give them a varied movepool.

Take Piloswine. Ice and Ground are two powerful offensive types and he'd get bonus damage using both. However, his stats sucked. Now he can evolve into Mamoswine who has even higher attack. I'm using one in White 2, it made Drayden the easiest Gym leader to defeat. Cheren was tougher (and I had a Riolu with Force Palm for him so it wasn't even that hard either).

ok i'm starting to lose it, the PWT is cheap as all ****

i go in with a decent team that each has a variety of moves, get paired off against a leader who is extremely weak to 80% of my team, balm one move and my entire team is down.

I would actually disagree with that. If you want to argue about their designs, that's subjective. However, a lot of them either gave much needed stat boosts to Pokemon making them more usable or helped give them a varied movepool.

Take Piloswine. Ice and Ground are two powerful offensive types and he'd get bonus damage using both. However, his stats sucked. Now he can evolve into Mamoswine who has even higher attack. I'm using one in White 2, it made Drayden the easiest Gym leader to defeat. Cheren was tougher (and I had a Riolu with Force Palm for him so it wasn't even that hard either).

Very true. If trained properly Mamoswine can kick all of the ass!

Very true. If trained properly Mamoswine can kick all of the ass!

He's even better in Gen V with Thick Fat as a hidden ability. Neutralizes his weakness to fire and makes Ice 50% less effective.

I need to go find the Rock Slide TM to teach him that. Then we'll be in business.

He's even better in Gen V with Thick Fat as a hidden ability. Neutralizes his weakness to fire and makes Ice 50% less effective.

I need to go find the Rock Slide TM to teach him that. Then we'll be in business.

Forgot about his Thick Fat hidden ability. Man, Mamoswine is a beast!

Pokemon I never evolve: Scyther, Magmar, Electabuzz, Jynx, Seadra. They look pretty badass as is. I would like an evolution for Dunsparce. Maybe Dragon/Ground or Dragon/Normal.

I generally think that Mewtwo is one of those Pokemon that they shouldn't screw around with. But I actually kind of like that design.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"