Pokémon It's the Pokemon thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That says footage will debut on April 3. Does it mean April 13?

two articles same place

Pokémon GO Field Test To Include Australia And New Zealand Later This Month . April 8, 2016 . 8:00am

Just a few weeks ago in Japan, a field test for Pokémon GO began and, according to developer Niantic, the test will spread to Australia and New Zealand “later this month.”

5 Thoughts Read >
20160408_060732_thumb.png
Just a few weeks ago in Japan, a field test for Pokémon GO began and, according to developer Niantic, the test will spread to Australia and New Zealand “later this month.”

Those who live in either of those two territories can sign up for the field test here, though signing up does not guarantee access to the test.

Pokémon GO is scheduled to release for iOS and Android devices sometime this year.

Read more stories about Android & iOS & Pokémon Go on Siliconera.
Also with

North America’s May Pokémon Trainer Club Newsletter Will Have Legendary Bird Codes . April 8, 2016 . 9:00am

People in North America can get Articuno, Moltres, and Zapdos with their Hidden Abilities from the May Pokemon Trainer Club Newsletter.
10 Thoughts Read >

A legendary bird distribution event has been set for North America. Pokémon Trainer Newsletter subscribers will receive codes for Articuno, Moltres, and Zapdos for Pokémon X, Y, Alpha Sapphire, and Omega Ruby. These codes can be entered under the Mystery Gift heading in each of the games.

The Articuno, Moltres, and Zapdos being distributed are special versions of the characters. This is the first time you can officially get the legendary birds with their Hidden Abilities. Snow Cloak Articuno has boosted evasion when there’s a hailstorm in battle. Flame Body Moltres may burn opponents who hit it with an attack that makes contact. Finally, Static Zapdos may paralyze opponents who make contact with it with an attack.

The cut-off date to become a Pokémon Trainer Club member and subscribe to the newsletter so you’ll get the legendary bird Pokémon is April 22, 2016. The codes will go out in the May 2016 email newsletter. If you already have an account, you can check your settings to make sure you agreed to receive emails.

Read more stories about Pokemon & Nintendo 3DS on Siliconera.

source:
Siliconera

Pokémon Comaster Videos Show Us Its Figure Fighting Action . April 13, 2016 . 2:00am

Free-to-play smartphone game Pokémon Comaster recently released in Japan for Android,
and a couple videos have surfaced giving us a glimpse of its board game-style action.

Start a discussion! Read >

pokemoncomasterandroidhaisin3_thumb.jpg
Free-to-play smartphone game Pokémon Comaster recently released in Japan for Android, and a couple videos have surfaced giving us a glimpse of its board game-style action. [Thanks, Nintendo Everything.]

[YT]vkKsDwD9dEk[/YT]
The above footage gives us a look at the main gameplay, which is pretty much the Pokémon Trading Figure Game on smartphone. You can watch the board game in action at the 5:30 mark of the video.

[YT]2wpjJLKn6YE[/YT]

The following shows us a look at some gacha pulls. As previously reported, there are various rarities for the figures, with Charizard, Venusaur, Dialga, and Palkia among the rarest, and they all have a 0.5% chance of appearing from a single pack. The Rare figures have a 1.5% chance of appearing, and the Ultra Common figures have a 7.16 to 7.17% chance of appearing.

Pokémon Comaster is available in Japan for Android. You need Android 2.3.3 or higher to run it, and it requires 41MB for its initial install. The iOS version is expected to launch soon.

Read more stories about iPhone & Android & Pokémon Comaster on Siliconera.

source:
Siliconera

two articles fromthe same place.

Pokemon GO Update Features Training At Gyms, Real-Time Combat Instead Of Turn-Based
. April 15, 2016 . 9:30am

Information leaked from the field test indicates that Pokémon GO features real-time combat as opposed to the turn-based battles which have been commonplace in the series.
11 comments Read >

The Pokémon GO version being used in the ongoing field test was recently updated, adding a few new features to the app, including the ability to train at gyms. [Thanks, Nintendo Everything.]

Additionally, information leaked from the test indicates that Pokémon GO features real-time combat as opposed to the turn-based battles found in the series.

Here is some more information from reddit on the updated field test:

• 3 teams: red, blue, yellow

• Asked to join one of these three teams

• Train at friendly gyms

• Players are paired with random “Computer Player” Pokémon to fight

• They attack and and you attack back in real time

• Training is not turn based – it’s an all out brawl

• In wild encounters, the color of the shrinking circle indicates the difficulty of the catch

• Starts off as red and then approaches green

• Green is a higher probability of catch

• Use the ring to make it more green by feeding the Pokémon berries (allowed only once per encounter) and using a higher level PokeBall

• Pokémon can become “injured” after training

• Heal them with a “health spray” (likely a “potion”)

• Can see each Pokémon’s HP in a bar while battling

• Hyper Potions and Max Revives are showing up at PokeStops

• The Gym Leader’s avatar is displayed (large) behind his/her Pokémon at the Gym

• Other players will see the Gym Leader’s username and their Pokémon/CP when approaching a friendly Gym to train

• It’s assumed non-friendly Gyms will see the same

• There is a ‘crown’ for the Gym Leader

• When you claim a Gym, you select your Pokémon to defend it

• To Train, you fight that Pokémon with another one of your own Pokémon

• When starting a training session, a random Pokémon in your team is selected to fight with

• Can change this by tapping on it in the screen before combat begins

• In training combat, the opponent’s attacks are shown ‘targeting’ with a red crosshair that closes in on your Pokémon

• This appears to be so you can decide to ‘dodge’ or take the hit

• Dodge by swiping left or right

• Can dodge all the way behind an opponents back if you’re quick enough

• Attack by tapping (quick attack) or pressing and holding (for the charge attack)

• There’s a stamina bar of sorts that is broken in two halfs, underneath your HP bar

• It refills about 20% per second, and appears to be boosted forward when you are hit to refill faster

• When executing a charge move, it appears to use up 50% of your stamina

• Types affect damage

• Ex: “It’s not very effective” message above attacks when water vs. water

• “It’s super effective” shows when using a type advantage

Pokemon GO is scheduled to release sometime this year for iOS and Android devices.

Read more stories about Android & iOS & Pokémon Go on Siliconera.

also with the first
Pokémon game on mobile to come to North america

Camp Pokémon Finally Opens On Android . April 15, 2016 . 10:00am

Camp Pokémon isn’t just for Apple iOS users anymore. The children’s minigame and photo app has been released for Android devices.

2 comments Read >

Back in October 2014, Camp Pokémon was released on Apple iOS devices. it is an app for kids that allows them to engage in mini-games where they could throw Poké Balls, learn about type match-ups, find Pokémon, and take an evolution test, as well as decorate photos with Pokémon stickers and earn virtual pins. Now, over a year later, it’s available for Android devices.

Most importantly, Camp Pokémon is a true free-to-play game. There are no in-app purchases whatsoever. All pins, stickers, and additional minigame levels can and must be unlocked by playing the game.

Camp Pokémon is available through both Google Play and iTunes. Android 2.3 and up and iOS 6.0 and up are required to play.

Read more stories about Android & Apple iOS & Camp Pokemon on Siliconera.

source:
Siliconera

Articuno, Moltres, and Zapdos Headed Your Way Through Pokémon Newsletter. May 3, 2016 . 10:15am

The original legendary Pokémon in Articuno, Moltres,
and Zapdos are headed your way for those of you in North America and Europe who signed up for the Pokémon Trainer Club Newsletter sometime before April 22.

11 comments Read >
The original legendary Pokémon in Articuno, Moltres, and Zapdos are headed your way for those of you in North America and Europe who signed up for the Pokémon Trainer Club Newsletter sometime before April 22. [Thanks, Serebii.]

The newsletter is sending out codes for the above three, featuring their Hidden Abilities of Snow Cloak, Flame Body, and Static for the respective three of Articuno, Moltres, and Zapdos. The codes can be redeemed for Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire, and Pokémon X & Y.

Again, if you haven’t received your code it may take a few days for some subscribers to get them. There’s no word on when the codes will expire, so it’s recommended to use them right away.

Read more stories about Pokemon X & Pokemon Y & Pokemon Omega Ruby & Pokemon Alpha Sapphire on Siliconera.
source: Siliconera

I got those codes yesterday. Plan on using 'em this weekend. Don't know if I'm going to do it for my Sapphire or X.

I've been wondering when these were supposed to come out. I signed up to the newsletter but never heard anything back from them. I thought I missed it completely.

I missed the cutoff for signing up for the newsletter. Pretty unhappy about that.

3DS
Pokemon Sun and Moon news coming May 10

Published 2 hours ago. 20 comments.
The Pokemon Company teases next week's update.

Pokemon-Sun-Moon-Info-Coming-May-10.jpg

The Pokemon Company will share new information on Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon on May 10 at 5 a.m. PT / 8 a.m. ET / 21:00 JST, the company announced (2).

Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon were announced for 3DS in February and will be available worldwide this holiday in nine languages this holiday.

Read More

3DS, Game Freak, Nintendo, Pokemon Sun and Moon, RPG, Teasers

source: Gematsu

Sun/Moon Trailer

Tropical island them. Interesting starter, curious about their evos. The legendaries are cool.

Does the game ever really vary much or does it feel like the same game each time just with maybe a few new pokemon?

It varies enough and the new region and pokemon always add plenty of variety in the games for my liking.

So CUUUUUUUUUTTTEE!!!!!!!!!

I want that Grass Owl! :atp:

So it's Hawaii?

Cool region. Needs trumpets. Not feeling these starters, but I'm just old and set in my ways.

It doesn't look too different from X and Y, but I'm digging the look of the region. Still need to finsih X/Y and AS/OR though.

Grass/Flying? This might be the first time I pick a grass starter for a first play through.

The island setting looks awesome too.

Does the game ever really vary much or does it feel like the same game each time just with maybe a few new pokemon?

There's new gimmicks like when they added double battles, triple battles, Mega Evolutions...

But these games follow the same structures, patterns, and that wont change in the core games. Besides, it just the Pokémon themselves people look forward to, so really the only progress the series needs to keep selling is to keep giving us new Pokémon every 4 years.

So many goddamn CAT Pokémon...enough already with the bloody CATS! The hell's a new wolf for once?!

So happy there are no reptile starters. These starters all look so cute. Hopefully their evolutions are cool too! Probably going to go with Sun and Litten for game and starter, respectively.

I'll get excited about the starters when I see the final evolutions. That's how I pick who I go with. The water starter looks too dopey now, but if it evolves into a badass Sea Lion or Seal then I'll be on board. I doubt the cat will evolve into anything too exciting. The grass bird has a lot of potential though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"