Pokémon It's the Pokemon thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The whole Pokémon reboot thing gets thrown around a lot, though. People called Ruby/Sapphire a reboot of the franchise. Then people called Black/White a reboot. I dont put any stock in it.

Apparently, X&Y take place within an alternate dimension than the previous games, or so I've read. I thought it was a joke of some kind, but apparently it's legitimate based on stuff revealed about Hoopa and all that stuff, though I haven't researched it myself.

I really don't know what point a reboot would serve. There's little connection between game outside a few, small exceptions. People seem to have this weird wet dream of going back to just the original 151, but that's not going to happen, and outside pure nostalgia, I really don't know why anyone would want that.

You guys hear that Pokken has outsold Street Fighter V? That's pretty surprising. I wonder if that says more about SFV or Pokken.

Apparently, X&Y take place within an alternate dimension than the previous games, or so I've read. I thought it was a joke of some kind, but apparently it's legitimate based on stuff revealed about Hoopa and all that stuff, though I haven't researched it myself.

It was alluded to, not confirmed, in OR and AS's Delta episode (after you 1st beat the game, a new adventure begins) that OR & AS (and XY) take place in an alternate timeline different from all the previous installments. I literally skipped most of the dialogue in ORAS so I completely skipped that when Zinnia talks about this.

I really don't know what point a reboot would serve. There's little connection between game outside a few, small exceptions. People seem to have this weird wet dream of going back to just the original 151, but that's not going to happen, and outside pure nostalgia, I really don't know why anyone would want that.

Yeah, I know. Not just online, but I know people IRL that still want yet another Red/Blue remake!! I mean, everyone is entitled to their opinions and you want what you know you want but godDAMN we did FireRed/LeafGreen we explored Kanto in GSC and their remakes, and RBY were released on the 3DS...can we please acknowledge other generations and regions?

I know everyone loves their Charizards and Mewtwos, but there are legit awesome content that was introduced past that one generation...:cmad::o:whatever:

Gets ready next to Yoki watch 2 coming to north America this is happening as well .

Smartphone
Pokemon GO U.S. field test sign-ups opened

Published 5 hours ago. 11 comments.
Test play the upcoming Pokemon mobile game.

Pokemon-Go-Field-Test-US-Sign-Ups.jpg

Niantic Labs has launched sign-ups for the Pokemon GO field test closed beta in North America.

Pokemon GO is Niantic’s upcoming Pokemon game for iOS and Android due out in 2016. It combines mobile location technology and augmented reality to create a unique experience that “motivates players to go outside, explore, and catch wild Pokemon.”

If selected, you will be given a “field test version” of the upcoming mobile game to download and play to provide feedback to the developer. The version provided will have a limited set of features and some things may not work properly as the game is still in development.

Thanks, Niantic Blog and Pokemon.com.

Read More

Smartphone, Betas, Niantic Labs, Nintendo, Pokemon Go

source: Gematsu

3DS
Pokemon Sun and Moon news coming June 2

Published 14 hours ago. 49 comments.
Latest information due out in early June.

Pokemon-Sun-Moon-June-2-Tease.jpg

The next update on Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon will arrive on Thursday, June 2, Nintendo announced.

The first major update on the game was shared earlier this month, providing our first look at the game’s starter Pokemon, as well as confirming global release date.

Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon are due out on November 18 in North America and November 23 in Europe.

Read More

3DS, Game Freak, Nintendo, Pokemon Sun and Moon, RPG, Teasers

Hopefully the final evolutions for the starters.

Smartphone
Pokemon GO details battles, avatar, more

Published 11 hours ago. 9 comments.

United States field test begins today.

Pokemon-GO_05-25-16.jpg

The Pokemon Company has shared new information and screenshots on Pokemon GO, its upcoming smartphone game developed by Niantic Labs. An early user test limited to the United States begins today, and tests are also underway in Japan, Australia, and New Zealand.

Get the new information below.
Overview
Pokémon GO will allow players to find and catch more than a hundred different Pokémon as they explore the world around them. When players approach a Pokémon in the wild, their phones will notify them and give them the opportunity to engage and catch the Pokémon using the phone’s touch screen to throw a Poké Ball. Poké Balls and other special items can be found at PokéStops, which are located at interesting places such as public art installations, historical markers, and monuments. During gameplay, Pokémon GO players will be encouraged to join one of three teams and engage in Gym battles with other teams. After joining a team, players will gain the ability to assign their Pokémon to Gyms. Like PokéStops, Gyms can be found at real locations in the world.
Battle
Battling is essential to any Pokémon game, and Pokémon GO is no different. Players can battle using the Pokémon they’ve caught to gain control of a Gym. By using their own Pokémon’s attacks and dodging incoming attacks by swiping left and right on the screen, Pokémon GO players can defeat the defending Pokémon to reduce the Gym’s Prestige. Once the Gym’s Prestige reaches zero, the defending team loses control of the Gym, and the victor’s Pokémon can be assigned to defend the Gym. When a team has control of a Gym, team members can increase its Prestige and level by training their Pokémon with other defending Pokémon. As the Gym gets to a higher level, the defending team gains the ability to assign more Pokémon to defend it. They can also team up with friends and battle together at a rival Gym to take down stronger Gyms faster.
In Pokémon GO, players will interact with the world through their in-game Trainer avatar. The trainer’s appearance can be customized by choosing from a variety of different clothes and accessories to make their avatar stand out from the rest. The customized Trainer image will appear on the map as the player moves around, on their profile page, as well as in Gyms under their control.
Pokémon GO Plus
A portable device called the Pokémon GO Plus will enable Pokémon GO players to enjoy the game even while they’re not looking at their smartphones. The device connects to a smartphone via Bluetooth and notifies the player about events in the game—such as the appearance of a Pokémon nearby—using an LED and vibration. In addition, players can catch Pokémon or perform other simple actions by pressing the button on the device.
In-App Purchases
Pokémon GO will be free to download on the App Store and Google Play. In-app purchases will be available for fans who would like to enhance their Pokémon GO experience. Players can purchase PokéCoins, the in-game currency of Pokémon GO. PokéCoins can be exchanged on the App Store and Google Play for power-ups and extra items.
View the screenshots at the gallery.

visit gallery »

Read More

Smartphone, Niantic Labs, Nintendo, Pokemon Go, Screenshots

Looks like the Legendaries names of Solgaleo and Lunaala have been confirmed. New abilities and special moves revealed too.

[YT]watch?time_continue=95&v=XW14HO7C1Dg[/YT]

One thing I'm very curious about is Sun & Moon's connectivity with Pokémon Bank - wondering if transferring Pokémon from the previous generation will be easier than using the PokéTransporter like before. Obviously, Pokés will not be able to be transferred back so looking forward to more on the subject, as I'm currently hatching IV/Nature bred Pokémon ready for the new games. :)

Last edited:
Nice to see we finally have a release date too. Hopefully, this will be available when Target and Best Buy have their B2G1F sales so I can get both.

So Kukui is the professor. I wonder who the older gentleman is then? I think Lillie is going to be our true rival, while Hau is the Barry/Bianca of Alola. :p

Nice to see we finally have a release date too. Hopefully, this will be available when Target and Best Buy have their B2G1F sales so I can get both.

I may be wrong, but haven't we know the release date for awhile now? I thought we did anyway

I may be wrong, but haven't we know the release date for awhile now? I thought we did anyway
You're right .. it was in the Starters video they released last month. I guess I didn't watch long enough to see to then.

You guys hear that Pokken has outsold Street Fighter V? That's pretty surprising. I wonder if that says more about SFV or Pokken.

says more about SFV I think, it was released so bare bones with next to no content and small roster, yet they charged full price for it

pissed a lot of people off

I didnt even buy SFV which is crazy since I love SF, but it just looks so uninspired I knew it was just hype and I wasnt going to buy into that again

SFV is actually a great game, probably the best Street Fighter since Third Strike as far as gameplay goes. If you're big into single player stuff, though, I understand. Pokken outselling it doesn't surprise me, though. First big budget Pokemon console spinoff we've gotten in a long time, plus it had a lot of good buzz pre-release. SFV still sold well, though, so I don't think it matters much.

EDIT: It's probably worth mentioning that SFV and Pokken had the same amount of characters in the roster, so I don't think that mattered that much between the two.

Psychic and steel? My little Litten's gonna mess that legendary pokemon up. :o

SFV is actually a great game, probably the best Street Fighter since Third Strike as far as gameplay goes. If you're big into single player stuff, though, I understand. Pokken outselling it doesn't surprise me, though. First big budget Pokemon console spinoff we've gotten in a long time, plus it had a lot of good buzz pre-release. SFV still sold well, though, so I don't think it matters much.

EDIT: It's probably worth mentioning that SFV and Pokken had the same amount of characters in the roster, so I don't think that mattered that much between the two.

I didnt buy pokken tournament either but i'd like to, have you played that? is it good?

the biggest thing forme about SF5 is lack of single player content, or should I say non-existance of single player content, I dont play SF games online so its offline or nothing

I didnt buy pokken tournament either but i'd like to, have you played that? is it good?

I played it a little, though I didn't buy it. It seems fun from what I played, but I didn't have enough time with it to really gauge it well.

the biggest thing forme about SF5 is lack of single player content, or should I say non-existance of single player content, I dont play SF games online so its offline or nothing

Yep then, definitely not for you lol. At least not in its current state. Hopefully, they add that stuff. It doesn't matter much to me (I've played it for over 100 hours in its current state), but I didn't realize how many people were attached to single player stuff.

What exactly is Zygarde? I haven't played the new games, but I've see a dog, a snake, and a megazord looking thing and they're all Zygarde.

Pokémon from RBY can be traded over to SM...

Machamp can have No Guard as an ability in SM.

OHKO Fissure can be taught to Machamp in RBY.

Teach Machamp Fissure and bring it into SM and you have a chance of it having No Guard.

I played it a little, though I didn't buy it. It seems fun from what I played, but I didn't have enough time with it to really gauge it well.

Yep then, definitely not for you lol. At least not in its current state. Hopefully, they add that stuff. It doesn't matter much to me (I've played it for over 100 hours in its current state), but I didn't realize how many people were attached to single player stuff.

if they ever add good offline modes, i'd pick it up down the road. They released my favorite character guile, and I also really like nash, alex, and am excited to see what they do with urien. It just confused me because they were apparently trying to appeal to casuals moreso with this game, but casuals like offline modes, casuals are not going to go online and get their asses torn apart by hardcore street fighter players, and if they dont go online what can they do? boring survivor mode and then quit? the game doesnt even have an arcade mode, its mind boggling they didnt even include that, that alone would be enough for me. I guess the story mode update is coming soon so we'll see how that goes....? also I dont want to buy the game full price for half a game and then pay a ton in DLC, ill probably wait for a more complete version to drop and get that

im also hoping for a price drop on pokken ;) but knowing wii u games it will never come down in price. Hopefully they expand the pokken roster and add a ton of DLC because the roster needs to be bigger IMO

Pokémon Sun And Moon Gets A New Trailer, Details Alola Region, New Pokédex, And More . June 2, 2016 . 6:10am

Pokémon Sun and Moon got a new trailer, showing us more on its Legendary Pokémon Solgaleo and Lunala. We also get another look at the Alola Region, QR Scanner, “Rotom Pokédex,” and more.

192 comments Read >

As promised, The Pokémon Company has delivered new information today on Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon with a look at a new trailer showing off its Legendary Pokémon Solgaleo and Lunala. We also get another look at the Alola Region, QR Scanner, "Rotom Pokédex," and more.
[YT]XW14HO7C1Dg[/YT]
Here are more details from the official website:
Visit the Alola Region!

Your new adventures in Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon will take place on the tropical islands of the Alola region! The Alola region centers around four islands rich in natural beauty and an artificial island. Many Pokémon that have never been seen before occupy these islands.

The People of Alola

The world of Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon is filled with many colorful people in addition to the fascinating Pokémon. Meet some of the folks you’ll encounter as you travel through the Alola region.

The Hero and Heroine

You will choose to be a hero or heroine in Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon, and you can name yourself whatever you’d like. The story begins right after your character has moved to the Alola region. No sooner have you arrived than your adventures begin to unfold, and you’ll meet many people and Pokémon as you grow and learn.

You can choose your gender and how you look!

Professor Kukui
professorkukui_thumb.png

Professor Kukui is the Alola region’s dependable Pokémon professor. He lives near your home and looks out for you. He’s passionate about his research into Pokémon moves and has sometimes taken direct hits from Pokémon when there was something to be learned from it. Sporting a white lab coat slung casually over his bare torso, he shows off his own unique style.

Lillie

Lillie is a mysterious girl who assists the professor. This young girl is about the same age as your character, and she’s working as Professor Kukui’s assistant for personal reasons. She’s not fond of making Pokémon fight in battles, but she loves reading and has devoured many books. Lillie will play an important role in the story of Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon.

Your Friend Hau

Hau is a Pokémon-loving young boy with a big appetite! He’s the same age as your character. When you move to the Alola region, he makes friends with you right away. He has a real weakness for malasada, a famous treat in the Alola region, and he is always in search of malasada shops. He is a big-hearted boy who really loves Pokémon.

Meet New Pokémon Using the QR Scanner!

In Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon, there is a QR Scanner function that allows you to see information about Pokémon when you scan QR Code patterns. With the QR Scanner, you scan in a QR Code and check the information about the Pokémon that corresponds to that QR Code. There are QR Code patterns in various places all around you, so try scanning them.
.​

Last edited:
Read in a QR Code and…

Pikachu appears!

Check your Pokédex and you can see its habitat!

Register Pokémon in Your Pokédex!

By scanning in special QR Code patterns you can register Pokémon of the Alola region to your Pokédex and find out where they live. If you scan in the QR Code for a Pokémon that you haven’t yet caught, you can check its habitat and search it out.
Share QR Code Patterns of Pokémon!

You can display the QR Code patterns for Pokémon you have caught in your own Pokédex. If you and a friend show each other the QR Code patterns for Pokémon you have caught, you can both register the Pokémon in your Pokédexes!
The Rotom Pokédex Is Your Ally on Your Journey!

The Pokédex is a convenient tool that records information about the Pokémon you see and catch during your adventure. In Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon, your character receives a special Pokédex from Professor Kukui to support you in your travels. It’s known as the Rotom Pokédex, and it’s inhabited by Rotom, a Pokémon with the power to reside in various electronic appliances. It does much more than record Pokémon info—it sparkles with its own personality. The Rotom Pokédex shows your current location and your next destination, and it also gives you advice on where to go next, based on the conversations you have with others! It’s likely to be of great help to you in many parts of your adventure.​
The Rotom Pokédex is an extremely rare device. There are only a few Trainers that have one, even in the Alola region.

And finally, here’s another look at the two Legendary Pokémon:

Solgaleo
[YT]jrjzQO6kx4g[/YT]

Lunala
[YT]jrjzQO6kx4g[/YT]

Pokémon Sun & Moon will release for Nintendo 3DS in Japan and North America on November 18, and in Europe on November 23, 2016.

Read more stories about Nintendo 3DS & Pokémon Sun & Pokémon Moon on Siliconera.

Also more importantly with

Pokémon Games Will Appear During Nintendo Treehouse: Live @ E3 2016. June 2, 2016 . 7:46am

Pokemon Sun and Moon and Pokemon Go will be appearing during the Nintendo Treehouse: Live @ E3 2016 broadcast.

60 comments Read >

Last month, Nintendo said its Nintendo Treehouse: Live @ E3 2016 presentation would be focused entirely on The Legend of Zelda for the Nintendo Wii U. Today, an official announcement was made via the Japanese Pokémon Twitter account saying that both Pokémon Sun and Moon and Pokémon Go will appear during the broadcast.

A broadcast schedule for the Nintendo Treehouse: Live @ E3 2016’s Pokémon-related segments were announced. Pokémon Sun and Moon will be discussed first, at 9am PT/11am CT/12pm ET on June 14, 2016 and 1am JST on June 15, 2016. A Pokémon Go Q&A will be held at 10am PT/12pm CT/1pm ET on June 15, 2016 and 2am JST on June 16, 2016. A third E3 2016 Pokémon special will be shown at 7am PT/9am CT/10am ET/11pm JST on June 16, 2016. All of these broadcasts will be shown on Nico Nico Douga. The livestreams can also be watched on YouTube and Twitch

Nintendo has also confirmed Monster Hunter Generations, and Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE will also appear on the Nintendo Treehouse: Live @ E3 2016 on June 15, 2016. Exact times for their appearances were not provided.

Pokémon Sun and Moon will come to the Nintendo 3DS on November 18, 2016 in Japan and North America, then Europe on November 23, 2016. Pokémon Go will come to Android and Apple iOS devices in 2016.

Read more stories about Nintendo 3DS & Android & Apple iOS & Pokémon Go & Pokémon Sun & Pokémon Moon on Siliconera.

source:
Siliconera

Glad we finally have a pokedex with a brain, heard whispers even of Rotomdex translating what your pokemon are saying, god i want that to be in the anime, finally understanding what that pikachu's been saying for 19 seasons. :o

lol I'm sure lot of people wanted that. since half the them are able to speak English when they are in their own heads it's seem s in the anime with that current series one that been going on of late.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"