Pokémon It's the Pokemon thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I generally think that Mewtwo is one of those Pokemon that they shouldn't screw around with.

I agree, powerfully, with that part of your post. Give it its own exclusive signature attack or ability? Yes! Give it an alternate/evolved form? Nononoono nono no noonono NO.

2l8yt04.jpg

This is the form I'd call Mewthree. The new version of Mewtwo has me wondering if Team Rocket won't be back again in X and Y. However, doesn't Giovanni kill himself in HGSS? I gave up when I got to Mt. Silver and had a team stuck at Levels 50-60.

There could be plenty of explanations for another form of Mewtwo. He's a failed attempt to clone Mew, right? They had to try more than once. But if we do get all these different versions of him, it takes away everything special about Mewtwo.

I doubt it's a new evolutionary form of Mewtwo, just an alternate form like other Pokemon have (Deoxys, Shaymin, Keldeo, Kyurem). They've never created a new evolutionary stage of a legendary Pokemon before.

I haven't watched all of the movies and I haven't watched the show since the Orange Islands. Maybe I'll go back and catch up on all of it.

The second form or whatever it is of Mewtwo may actually be the reason I pre order this lol

I still have to transfer Pokemon from the old games to my Pokemon Pearl & Platinum, then transfer them to Pokemon Black, then transfer them to Pokemon White 2. I am waaayyyyy behind :funny: And now Pokemon X/Y is coming out - dammit.

That's good news about Deoxys. I have a buddy who's foolishly decided to catch them all and he doesn't have near enough Legendaries.

glad they have included the uk in the give away, we've missed out on a load of wifi events

I already got my Dexoys & it's level 100.

Check this out. New Pokemon and more gameplay shots. This looks fantastic.

[YT]xaX1YhgSpzo[/YT]

I also like that the new world this game is set in seems to be based on Paris. The design seems very cool.

The Panda is Fighting, so I'll probably end up using him, too.

However, I kinda miss the 2D graphics.

I've been playing 2D pokemon for too long. I'm so excited for this to leap into a more 3D realm. I think they kinda hit the wall with the 2D thing. The only other graphics style I could think of for pokemon is the semi-3D overhead camera that Nintendo is doing with the new Zelda. A Link to the Past style, but with the 3D sprites and such.

Rumor has it the new type will be Fairy-type.

Strong against Dragon, Dark, & Fighting.
Originally rumored to be strong against Ice.
Weak against Poison & Steel.
Fire & Psychic resists Fairy-type.
Immune to Dragon.

Mawile is said to now be Steel/Fairy retcon (like when Magnamite/ton became Electric/Steel after Steel was introduced)

Other rumors say that Mewtwo will have an alternative form for each version, X & Y.

Fennekin's final form Fire/Psychic, Froakie's Water/Dark, Chespin's Grass/Fighting.

Never spread rumors...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"