Pokémon It's the Pokemon thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also hope that the game mascots go back to being the starters or some other pokemon.

That hasn't happened since Gen I, so it's probably not happening again.

Which is disappointing. I really don't like the focus on the legendaries at all, especially with them being primal forces of the universe BUT they're still able to be captured and stored as data on a 10 year old's PC.

Question: should I use the Master Ball to catch Mewtwo? Both my niece and nephew tell me not to, but I just am not having any luck with whittling his health down enough to catch him with the lesser Pokeballs.

There are wandering Pokemon that are harder to catch. Save it for them.

Question: should I use the Master Ball to catch Mewtwo? Both my niece and nephew tell me not to, but I just am not having any luck with whittling his health down enough to catch him with the lesser Pokeballs.

Status condition (sleep or paralysis)
Capture Power 1-3
Get its health low.

Anyway, I catch every Legendary in Poké Balls (ironically I used my Master Ball on Mewtwo ONLY BECAUSE I knew I would never use it for anything else, and the 'M' on the ball matched Mewtwo...)

The RNG for Legendary Pokémon is extremely random... You can drown a Legendary in all status conditions and still not catch one after 20 Ultra Balls. Then, that RNG will let you catch a Yvetal with just two Poké Balls AT full health.

I just nabbed Pokemon Y for Christmas. Quite fun so far!

For stationary Pokemon, make sure you activate your Capture O-Power before battle so there is a better chance to catch them.

so any word on the bank in the us or uk.

i've a mate who has started to get starters from the older games ruby/sapphire diamond etc in wonder trades

Curious, but out of ALL of the Past Pokemon Games (Red-Yellow, Gold-Silver, Ruby-Emerald, Diamond-Platinum, and Black-Black 2), which version would you guys (if it were at all possible) wish to be remade with the same graphics that Pokemon X and Y has?

personally i'd say yellow mainly because it was my first and still favorite but i'd say ruby etc is more likely

Last edited:
I've started to receive old pokemon in wondertrades now.

So far I've received Treecko, Cyndaquil, Chimchar, Meowth, Girafarig, and I even got a Zekrom from a French player. Completely shocked by that one.

I cant wait for the bank to be released here in Scotland too. I've got tons of pokemon to send over. Plus, once the national dex is complete, you get the Shiny Charm!

How are people getting those older Pokemon? The Bank isn't available yet.

In Japan, those that had already downloaded it before it got removed from the store, can still use it as normal.

Either that or they're breeding and Wonder Trading.

lol awesome...When does Half Life 3 release? Just so I know to look out for the Bank here in US?

:hehe: No idea. I suppose the best thing to say would be "SOON" :oldrazz:

I must pick up a 3DS and the new game for my birthday…6 months :/

In the meantime I've started collecting the cards. Going to a games store to see if theres much people playing.

I'm going back to watch the show from the start. Over 600 now…thats a lot to learn.

I've been playing Pokemon for over 16 years since Blue came out. The only shiny I ever encountered was in the Battle Tower in one game where the opponent had a shiny Umbreon (which I tried catching anyway). I've gotten a few shinies in trades and events. I've never encountered one in the wild myself though...until today.

I was in a Friend Safari trying to find a Mawile with Intimdate, and I encountered a shiny Mawile!!! I was able to catch it (would have flipped out if I hadn't). It's a Serious (neutral) nature with Hyper Cutter, so it's not optimal for competitive battling. Adamant/Jolly is better. Even though most competitive Mawiles will Mega Evolve (which has the Huge Power ability), I think Intimidate is better. Either way, it has good IVs (Attack, Sp Def, and Speed) so it'll at least make a good parent.

otgtip.jpg

Last edited:
Mega-Mawile is such a beast that I doubt the lack of perfect HP and Defense IV's and the Neutral nature will hinder you too much.

Pretty cool, a shiny Mawile is awesome because you can mega evolve

i've yet to see a single shiney in the wild in all my years of playing right from yellow

Anyone want Modest or egg move (Dragon Dance and Dragon Pulse) Charmanders? I was breeding a female one for a friend but the first 3 females had Jolly, Timid, and Adamant natures which I wanted to keep since she doesn't care about natures anyway.

As a result, I have a box of 27 Charmanders. Some are Modest (+Sp Atk, -Atk) and some have Dragon Dance/Pulse, but they're mutually exclusive. You can have 1 of each (or as many as you want). I might breed some egg move ones again with a better nature, but I have an involved breeding project next which I want to work on. Just give me a Luvdisc, I don't feel guilty about releasing them.

Last edited:
WHERE IS THE POKEMON BANK!!!! I have some serious team building I want to do, but I need the Poke transporter and Poke bank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"